Future of the Night Warriors

Story
07/11/2018 20:55Posted by Elandril
Ah thanks, yeh, on general, I kinda get swamped by a trio of blood elf posters who tend to be disruptive, often on things the topic isn't about and just trolling me, posts end up being me against the 5 of them in the discussion bit, though i have a lot more positive upvotes, most guys don't respond, unwilling to wade into the fight they keep starting.

That basically happens here tbh xd.

"Nightborne joining the Horde and going back on everything they said throughout Legion is fine and makes sense."

Haven't had one of them threads in some time, I miss them.
@Elandril, thats to much for the general forum. I like night elves, but you exaggerate it. You want arcane back mon! Arcane doesn't exist im the night elf society since 10.000 years dude. Why should they use it again. Please tell me why?!
07/11/2018 21:14Posted by Shandyr
@Elandril, thats to much for the general forum. I like night elves, but you exaggerate it. You want arcane back mon! Arcane doesn't exist im the night elf society since 10.000 years dude. Why should they use it again. Please tell me why?!

That is not really true, arcane never left any night elf group. One protected the well of eternity and only used it's arcane energies in moonwell s all over the land - arcane is there big time, just not used for spells. That was the main part of their existence, the other 2 groups like the shen'dralar and nightborne continued using.

The arcane has always been a part of night elves. Their skin is purple from the arcane Well. They are made from the arcane, and their eyes glow silver because of it. None of these has changed.

And I don't always talk about it but when I talk of the things I like about night elves, it is one of three I really like. Should I omit that one because some posters don't want night elves having an arcane using part?

Night elf lore 10,000 years ago or 40 years ago is all night elf lore, and i view the whole story as part of the race, not just what was shown in wc3 or in classic wow. Tyrande and Malfurion and the kaldorei do not just exist 16 years ago in the lore, but 10k, Suramar is not just TfT or Legion but 10k years ago too.

Because I like the night elves, I like all their lore, and the devs created them to be something new, they said a fusion of the best of the dark elf and the best of the forest elf, and in all their lore, including the post wow stuff, they show that.

Long Response
To be fair Shandyr, I actually don't talk about that very much, but b/c a couple of people keep saying it, why assume it is true? Just read what i'm talking about for the relevant topic and don't assume it is about the arcane just cos one of the trio says so.

Besides, they make it as if its a bad thing, which it isn't, i suspect they have an agenda and have called em out on it - with no response ofc.

Truth is most of my night elf posts cover a wide range of facets of the night elves, that bunch are in particular denial of the arcane aspect because they don't want night elves developing it - and so keep bringing it up on every topic i make even on ones that don't mention it at all.

I do take the time to go over why i like every aspect of the night elves, and the arcane is one of them, i can't stop or omit it because some blood elf fan doesn't like it - whether they like it or not the night elves were written as having this arcane and nature dual aspect with a Moon Goddess whose powers are mainly arcane, with some light and void.

They not me, make it sound like its all I am about, but a quick read of my topics easily show you that it isn't - it then begs the question why are they so persistent about it?

The night elves have a really amazing arcane lore and element - it's not the only amazing part about them, but it is actually quite cool - i suspect they are jealous and don't want it developed.

Whatever i desire or want, nature, the arcane and Elune are core parts of the night elves - the race was born from the arcane, has purple skin because of it, eyes glowing bright silver or amber because of the arcane power of the well, the amber tint is because a nature affinity is added. The race is written to have developed a phenomenal civilization from wielding both arcane and nature magic, then went into an almost 100% arcane mode around the time the legion invaded, world got destroyed, and arcane usage for spells was how the demons find Azeroth, so they banned it and went into a 50% nature 50% elune mode, for 10k years, and in that time, it was all about protecting the arcane well from any race and satyrs, so no one would use it to call the legion.

Once the Legion came in WC3, it was no longer necessary and thus they allowed highborne in and allowed night elves who wanted to learn the arcane return. The new night elf society is the most balanced ever, because you have the druidic order, the arcane order of the highboren and the order of Elune - no longer is it an all arcane state or all nature state, and thus it is to be expected with highborne 10-14k years masters of the arcane around and druids 10k years masters of nature around and a near 15k year priesthood, that this particular group of night elves should be able to achieve the greatest degree of nature, arcane and divine practice their race has ever been able to.

Now notice how this is not just about the arcane.. but that the arcane is a part you can't ignore.

And what is the point of bringing it up? Simple, it is to expect that night elves of the Darnassian group have all the expertise to achieve the best the night elves of any era have achieved with the arcane, with nature and with the divine.

It makes sense, because these people have an extra 10k years of knowledge and expertise in all their fields, plus they have wisdom.

So what do i expect them to achieve? I expect them to be able to build and create or rebuild cities as great as the pre-sundering era and better, forests as lush as Val'sharah or Ashenvale and better - temples as exquisite as CoEN/ToS if not better. I expect phenomenal druids, mages, and Moon priests, that reflect a race that has 10k + years experience and knowledge in this via its various groups when it is out fighting against the horde, or Azshara or any other group.

When they portrayed demon hunters via illidan, it mattered that he was over 10k years old, full of knowledge lost to most others, and incredibly powereful. When he trained demon hunters, they were a super elite fighting force employing fel magic, martial skills and the arcane to balance and temper out the fel (see inscription quests in legion) - they were reflected as hardcore when in the quests and when you met them in the world. This is accurate portrayal.

i expect similar things of the darnassian druids, highborne mages working with them, of the moon priestesses, and the older senitnels and huntresses. And it is looking finally like at least Tyrande is reflecting that, and Malfurion too in the video as opposed to only in the novels. The hope is that we should be seen this in the other night elves too, the druids, the highborne mages, the sentinels, the huntresses, the Moon Priestess NPCs etc

This is the point of my topics, not just pushing arcane stuff, it is pushing night elf revival, and I have to mention the arcane because it is a core part of it, and it is actually a pretty cool part. The druidic part is cool too, as is the moon priestess part, but so is the arcane part - or did you not find Suramar quite cool and Farondis, the moonguard and nighthold casters with the nightborne also quite cool? Did you not long to see what some of those grand cities looked like or how that calibre of caster would be like on your side?

i can't just ignore it, because it is there and it is also a cool part. Those guys want me to forget about that... as if all there is to night elves is just forest and ruins - there isn't there are also grand cities and arcane magic as well as forest and nature magic, temples and divine Elune magic, ruins and demon hunters, Wardens and Vaults, huntresses and the hunt.

And these are all quite cool, so I gotta bring them up, I would be having myopia to just mention the sentinels and forget about the druids, or mention the druids and forget about the priests, or mention both and just ignore that the night elves are made from the arcane and it is a core part of them - just because some blood elf posters feel it is the property of the horde night elves and blood elves? Yeah right.

I didn't see the night elves lose a 3rd of themselves and their main core, just because the nightborne joined the horde - therefore that's the only place where the arcane wing of the night elves shoudl be shown? HELL NO! - After all the suffering and loss they went through, the humility they learnt - what use is that if they are never going to pick up the arcane and actually do it right this time? And by right I mean with humility and fervor but balance with nature so they never go insane as an entire society. Sure the highborne may focus only on the arcane, while the druids only on nature, and the priests only on Elune, but this time round the highborne order is not the whole society like it was around the first invasion, nor are the druids dominating the culture like they were in the long vigil having to live in forests without civilization and rebuilding. This time round all 3 aspects are together - the time of isolation is gone for the night elves.

That doesn't mean they cannot be semi-isolated on some island chain if they do get kicked out of Kalimdor, but the complete isolation the story had all their groups (long vigil group, shen'dralar group, Moonguard group, nightborne group, dreamweaver group) that is ended. Now is the time to tell the greatest story for the night elves - greater than stuff from the pre-sundering era and the long vigil era - and it doesn't have to be a world empire to be the greatest - it just has to show them as being the best they've ever been in all their disciplines, better than in both the pre-sundering era and long vigil - and they can do that in a small kingdom of 3-5 zones as long as what you have their is amazing - amazing forest, amazing city, amazing civilization and culture, amazing temples, and when you come up against night elves, they shoudl be damn scary because these guys are powerful beings with a lot of knowledge and at the top of their game.

Their downsides is that they are very small in number, they are also not world conquest minded, but they will fight to get their lands back whether kalimdor or broken isles.

All blizzard needs to show is that the best version of the night elf is the present one, having the best their druids, mages, priests, demon hunteres, sentinels, wardens and huntresses have ever been.
Blizzard forgot Night Elf Mages and Highborne's exist.

Mordent Evenshade has al but vanished since MoP onward. They made sure most of the Highborne's were killed off in Elegy, targetted specifically by Sylvanas and her Dark Rangers due to how powerfull they are. They named a group of Shal'dorei "The Highborne".

Personally, I think Blizzard regrets making Kaldorei Magi a thing and having the Shen'dralar Highborne return to the greater Kaldorei society, which is a shame, since it is a really interesting development! They could worked as an 'outcast' group who try their beds to redeem themselves in the eyes of a society who does not want then, but needs them to keep up with the ever changing (new) world, forcing both groups in a uneasy position... They could've easily helped easy the tension on Kaldorei and Sin'/Quel'/Shal'dorei relationship.

And the Moon Guard remnants could've rejoined the Kaldorei society as a opposing force to the Shal'dorei joining the Horde. With the Valewalkers acring as a neutral party.

But I am biased as hell, since I main an "Highborne"-character! ;)
07/11/2018 07:46Posted by Alestra
Sylvanas + Nathanos = <3

He's just reporting success, true story!
07/11/2018 22:15Posted by Moridunum
Blizzard forgot Night Elf Mages and Highborne's exist.

Mordent Evenshade has al but vanished since MoP onward. They made sure most of the Highborne's were killed off in Elegy, targetted specifically by Sylvanas and her Dark Rangers due to how powerfull they are. They named a group of Shal'dorei "The Highborne".

Personally, I think Blizzard regrets making Kaldorei Magi a thing and having the Shen'dralar Highborne return to the greater Kaldorei society, which is a shame, since it is a really interesting development! They could worked as an 'outcast' group who try their beds to redeem themselves in the eyes of a society who does not want then, but needs them to keep up with the ever changing (new) world, forcing both groups in a uneasy position... They could've easily helped easy the tension on Kaldorei and Sin'/Quel'/Shal'dorei relationship.

And the Moon Guard remnants could've rejoined the Kaldorei society as a opposing force to the Shal'dorei joining the Horde. With the Valewalkers acring as a neutral party.

But I am biased as hell, since I main an "Highborne"-character! ;)

I ended up liking the arcane because they were a part of the nightnelves and not the other way round.

The part the arcane plays with the night elves is both interesting and unique tò, both in the pre sundering era, when it was like the only thing they did and in the long vigil group after wards where it's use was banned but everything centred around guarding their arcane source to prevent the demons returning.

I feel only portraying the arcane portion of the nightnelves on the horde is a betrayal, because it is the high fantasy portion of the nightnelves and one of the biggest areas for redemption and recovering what they lost.

For me, the whole point of writing such a tragic tale of the war of the ancients is not just for a misery fest, it's to set up a great recovery, and show such extreme sacrifices pay off eventually.

The arcane is a core part of the night elves, having it redeemed, available to use and free from addiction and helping to restore a broken civilization is the sort of positive development that is exciting.

I loved the night magic arcane fantasy of the night elf, and the variation it brought to the forest elf half of of the night elf. To cut the night elf out of it completely is something I hope never happens and is the opposite of what comes.

Mordant Evenshade is in Darkshore or was anyway in the earlier versions of the scenario, only 3 mages were killed in Elegy, not most ofnthem, they were actually mostly used for making portals that only one at a time could go through, as such, most of their numbers survived.

Initially it appeared to me the nightborne were supposed to replace the highborne on the nightnelves side, they are the sub race of nightnelf the highborne should have been in 4.0, but somewhere along the line after 7.0, someone decided the horde should have them instead, and 7.1 was actually 're written in the alliance part. Originally Vereesa not Tyrande played the alliance commander role, Tyrande had a dialogue with Elisande that was removed and showed more history between the two and Malfurion. And blood elves who played 0 role in 7.0 all of a sudden were the bigger player in the sce Mario.

Because it was changed, I have to wait and see if it was done just to give void elves to the alliance or having Suramar was so appealing that horde biased devs pushed for it badly and void elves were the compensation - if the arcane continues to play a stronger role and develops amongst the kaldorei to match druidism and the priesthood then I will suspect the former, if not the the latter
07/11/2018 20:27Posted by Moridunum
07/11/2018 19:59Posted by Xiaopaw

Tyrande has to for consistancy. Maiev whine our ears full with how powerful but deadly for the host this power is. Noone has survived this. If they dont want to put the lame fairytail shennanigans, she needs to die. Let it be heroical and legendary, but keeping her would not do the story good ( and another broken superpower on the alliance side...) .

I was understanding that the ritual itself is deadly for the ones who undergo it, and when it goes awry. Not that its some kind of trade off between life for power?

So no, if one undergoes it succesfully, its not deadly and it imbueds the user with great power.... But undergoing the ritual, and if it goes wrong, its deadly... Akin to the Draenei and their Lightforging. Its only deadly when it goes wrong.

Makes no sense that the wrath only has risk during the ritual. Else over the last milennia you just throw 100-200 Keldorei a year in the ritual and hope that 1% makes it, building an army of supersoldiers over the millenia...

Where is the "we make another superhero broken with new power-ritual" on the horde side?

Our leaders, except for Sylvie maybe, have no special powers. I dont even know what Baine is supposed to be... a warrior? Dont remember seeing his weapon.
We have 3 maybe talented warriors, a martial arts master, a merchant and a dark ranger on the base races... Only the dark ranger seems to have some powers. Yet the alliance gets an already starcalling, beloved of elune powerful Hero more power. It really has become Marvel vs. some dudes on the street. How did the alliance not win this war? They only need Malfurion and Tyrande and the Horde would be gone. Jaina, Anduin and Velen are just as bonus if they really need to share the fun.
06/11/2018 17:47Posted by Призраклеса
Blizzard take possibility to be Night Warrior from players in future?

Blizzard will not take them away. They never have and they never will.
Best example: The old character models are still in game for these 5 people who somehow find them better than the new ones.

06/11/2018 17:47Posted by Призраклеса
will Night Warriors be just a small group of elite warriors, and majority of Night Elves will have white eyes, or majority of Night Elves will have those dark skin and eyes aka Drows?

small group of elite warriors.
Players will probably prefer the white eyes, since the black ones look kind of strange.
08/11/2018 07:53Posted by Xiaopaw
Where is the "we make another superhero broken with new power-ritual" on the horde side?

You got the power of coherence. Your leaders are not idiots. This is more that Alliance ever got.
08/11/2018 09:20Posted by Ciptzt

You got the power of coherence. Your leaders are not idiots. This is more that Alliance ever got.

Isnt it sad? We dont have a healthy mix. OP Powers make you incompentent, and no powers makes you not an idiot...
08/11/2018 09:23Posted by Xiaopaw
Isnt it sad?

It's incompetence.
And for story it is very sad.
07/11/2018 21:14Posted by Shandyr
You read my detailed response above?

Here are some questions for you.
1. If You were brilliant at something in the past that was really good,but had to stop doing it because of a specific threat, but that threat passed - wouldn’t you start doing it again especially if it was greatly needed?

2. Does it matter if this was 10k years ago, 200 or 5?

3. If it is true that night elves only used the arcane 10k years ago, what does that make the shen’dralar, the nightborne, the Moonguard, and the many night elf students we are shown so eagerly joining the highborne to study all over their zones and night elf leadership pushing for more training? Those aren’t night elves?

4.if you feel the arcane isn’t a night elf thing or shouldn’t be, then explain why they are so good at it and why many night elf fans love this aspect of them?

5. If it is so detestable and wrong for night elves to use arcane in your view why does it inspire such adoration from its fans?

6. And why is it so attractive to them?

Conclusion: you may not care for it, but others do. You have and like demon hunters, some have and like the arcane part of the night elves. Some the female sentinel society, some the druids

This is why a race has several things and great lore and story telling should be expected for all the loved parts.

If night elf arcana wasn’t attractive or loved, no one would be excited about or love the nightborne. And if the nightborne in the horde was enough, there would be no more night elf mages nor anyone writing or liking this side of them.

This should tell you something.

And FYI , if the first response didn’t make it clear, I like the arcane legacy, druidsm, moon priesthood and demon hunter aspects of the night elves a lot and I love their unique version of each of these
Makes no sense that the wrath only has risk during the ritual. Else over the last milennia you just throw 100-200 Keldorei a year in the ritual and hope that 1% makes it, building an army of supersoldiers over the millenia...

I think there can only be one nightwarrior? the other nightelves do seem to be empowered by the aspect somehow but afaik only Tyrande is the true avatar of Elune.

it's also implied that the ritual is performed in times of great need. it's highly unlikely that Elune would just grant it at random times. I believe I also heard / read something about the nightwarrior's thirst for vengeance / blood that needs to be sated. thus also requiring a need for perform the ritual in the first place.

Hey gurl! i know you are now imbued with the wrath of the godess and feel the need to unleash that upon our enemies, feel the hunger to dispense death and destruction to the defilers of our lands.
soooo funny story: we really dont have need of you at this time so if you could just chill and wait for like the next 10.000 years that would be great. I'm sure we will have need of you at some point. ok thanks sweetie, bye!

And finally we have no idea if the nightwarrior empowerment is permanent. perhaps it only lasts for a lunar cycle, or untill the hunger is sated.
08/11/2018 09:13Posted by Anouk
small group of elite warriors.
Players will probably prefer the white eyes, since the black ones look kind of strange.

It's really hard to tell. I am currently sitting in a Lor"danel. Listening to the Drarkshores music.
https://youtu.be/wp2or1oJhSk?t=258

looking on those elves. Thinking that this is past. In reality every single elf in this city was killed by Horde and city was destroyed.
Something (maybe soul) burning in my heart, calling me to go with Tyrande, and die together with her as Night Warrior.
But that will not save my people. Revenge, blood, killing, that will only make it worse.