Alterac Valley on Classic

Classic Discussion
So, which Version of Alterac will be on the Classic servers?

The old one which actually felt like a War or the new rush the boss version?
I bet we get Korrak version.
You get the version that was in 1.12.
11/11/2018 10:44Posted by Elensentier

Which was?

I only joined TBC and didnt really do BGs until WotLK, I have no idea how it evolved...
Version 1.12 had xrealm BG's which I hope they'll reconsider.
11/11/2018 11:08Posted by Xemeron

Which was?

I only joined TBC and didnt really do BGs until WotLK, I have no idea how it evolved...

No ear looting
No shredder
No Syndicate, Winterax, Gnolls and all the things that came with them such as the orb scrying.
No Landmines.
Weaker units overall by 15-30%.
Lower Health as well.
No Korrak.
A lot of NPCs removed.

Some of the changes. There were a lot of balance changes as well some for the better.
So, How can I get my Icebarbedspear if there is no Korak?
I'm just happy if I get a version where players don't ride past each other in the middle to PvE the other faction's boss.
11/11/2018 11:22Posted by Chargem
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Which was?

No ear looting
No shredder
No Syndicate, Winterax, Gnolls and all the things that came with them such as the orb scrying.
No Landmines.
Weaker units overall by 15-30%.
Lower Health as well.
No Korrak.
A lot of NPCs removed.

Some of the changes. There were a lot of balance changes as well some for the better.

You mean blizz wants to give us vanilla experience, but they wont give us the most epic BG experience that there ever was in WoW?
Lets make petition for original AV cuz "zerg" version is there till today.

11/11/2018 12:56Posted by Alagner
I'm just happy if I get a version where players don't ride past each other in the middle to PvE the other faction's boss.

That began when they nerfed it. Less and weaker NPCs allowed zerging (rush to last graveyard, cap 2 base towers, kill boss).
Only thing that matters is whether they're doing AV with gathering nodes like nost or not.
Is there any way to get official answer to this?

Original (Korrak) version of AV is one of memorable things from vanilla, and if we get "cripled" version (which is more or less as we know it from retail) right from launch of Classic, it would be shame. This is IMHO one of things that shouldnt be accurate and i wouldnt mind having original AV thru whole Classic life.

Where do you get that from ?
11/11/2018 18:06Posted by Krozzeach

Where do you get that from ?

From official announcement that launch of Classic is based on patch 1.12?

1.5 AV was added
1.8 AV "size" was reduced and alot of NPCs removed while rest of NPCs were weakened
1.10 removed Korrak
1.11 removed another NPCs and rest was again nerfed

So in 1.12, true glory of AV was already gone.
I sure hope they remake the prenerfed AV. Got to feel the need to summon bosses. Zerging gets old fast. "Race to the finish" is just the worst scenario.
11/11/2018 12:38Posted by Ashihara

At some point it was changed so that you only had to win Alterac Valley once to get the spear.

I really really hope they go with the earlier pre-nerf version of AV though. The nerfed version is just an empty husk of what the original AV was like.
11/11/2018 20:18Posted by Flexidia
11/11/2018 12:38Posted by Ashihara

At some point it was changed so that you only had to win Alterac Valley once to get the spear.

I really really hope they go with the earlier pre-nerf version of AV though. The nerfed version is just an empty husk of what the original AV was like.

I frgt about the change of only wining 1 AV.
About the old AV, I used to play hours in 1 AV, log out and come hours later to join same AV, not so much fun. Bg s are the only thing I always liked and the only thing I like from the current game, even the new AV, still, it was funny to see Korak chasing ppl in middle of AV.
I have mixed feelings regarding old AV. Sure it was grand and epic experience I'd love to do again, but on the other hand we need a way to earn AV marks.

Solutions:

1. Why not have BOTH? Old AV AND new AV? Old AV one could be non-crossrealm to boot, but only one one instance per server.

2. Only Old AV, but AV marks are earned from capturing objectives too eg: Towers and even GYs. OR upon winning you get 30 marks instead of 3.
12/11/2018 09:11Posted by Kheron
I have mixed feelings regarding old AV. Sure it was grand and epic experience I'd love to do again, but on the other hand we need a way to earn AV marks.

Solutions:

1. Why not have BOTH? Old AV AND new AV? Old AV one could be non-crossrealm to boot, but only one one instance per server.

2. Only Old AV, but AV marks are earned from capturing objectives too eg: Towers and even GYs. OR upon winning you get 30 marks instead of 3.

Or remove AV marks
I think we're going to get a non xrealm AV. That's why they're taking their time with the release.
I must be the only person that really truly disliked the old AV. Not that I love the nerfed one, I suppose I just think it's a terrible BG overall.

Having said that I'd be very surprised if they don't revert to an old version. It's a pretty significant part of Vanilla and I can't imagine they'd straight up ignore it just because they happen to base the game on patch 1.12.

Unfortunately I have my doubts about a long, non cross-realm AV being active. Players nowadays are generally more focused on rewards outside of having fun, and AV doesn't really offer that.