Toxic players unchecked = Friendly players say bye

General
I think you don't understand how this game works on a fundamental level. The world doesn't revolve around you. Nobody care about you. He didn't want you in the group he kicked you out. Deal with it. If it doesn't suit you please do us all a favor and quit.
13/11/2018 23:40Posted by Zhergul
I am actually In a mythic raiding guild. But, obviously, my gear is too low for the core group atm and thus I have to go for hc with the alts until I get at least 375 or close.
I only joined that pug to get some drops and shorten the period until I can get to the spot where I`m supposed to be.

Made me chuckle, mate.
Your guild barely killed the gift bosses on mythic, that even PuGs can down. Well technically, that is a mythic raiding guild, buuuut none i would be proud of^^ And then i read, that you can't get into the group until you are "at least 375", at which point i am like "dafuq?",

until I can get to the spot where I`m supposed to be.

Well, someone surely is cocky here. I would love to see you backing up those words.
I am actually In a mythic raiding guild. But, obviously, my gear is too low for the core group atm and thus I have to go for hc with the alts until I get at least 375 or close.
I only joined that pug to get some drops and shorten the period until I can get to the spot where I`m supposed to be.

Then you're not in a Mythic raiding guilds that NEEDS you lol. I'm in a raiding guild on this, and my ilvl is only 358. I was invited to kill Mythic Taloc with the guild, I'm invited to all of the HC and alt raids, plus they'll be running me through some +10's and up to get myself better gear ready for the raid team.

I'm not in a Mythic Raiding guild (Though, they do sometime go and kill Mythic bosses), and yet they are still helping me to get the gear I need for the group. That's the whole premise of a Mythic Raiding Guild. To help everyone in it that is wanting to raid get the gear needed to improve the run, since it's a team effort to get the bosses down.
First of all, sorry for the late reply, rl intervened.

I see some answers acusing me of providing anecdotal data....Well, ofc, what I have to say about me and my friends is anecdotal by default.
But still, WoW had over 12 million players at the end of WotlK. And then the numbers went lower and lower, until they were not willing to provide any official numbers. They are around 1 mil, by current, conservative estimations.

This has many resons ofc...Gameplay that has changed in a way that players don`t like, more or less horrible and / or embarassing lorelols, etc. But also the constant failure to enact policies regarding toxic behaviour.

My point is the following: They did not only fail to stop toxic behaviour, in fact the game has certain decisive features which do nothing but to foster said behavior.

Like the very thing that happened to me.

I am ok with getting kicked between pulls. If I fail, or if the raidleader just thinks that I have failed, that is and should remain his / her priviledge.
That is not my issue,not now, not ever.

But kicking someone midfight is another shoe.

This is a feature that just invites abuse.
This is why I am more mad at blizzard than the person who made use of a broken system.

He / She / It might be just very stressed and /or generally insane; It does not mather, and if the latter is true I whish him / her /it the very best, no matter this unfortunate incident.

However, I cannot excuse a company which is comprised of tens of thousands of professionals from giving an unhealthy person the means to enact his /her /it`s frustrations to the detriment of others.

Not now, not ever.

Or to put it more precise: Why is there even a function to kick a player midfight? Has it ever done any good to a raidgroup? If so how did that came to pass?

Please provide me with an exemple, since my imagination is unable to come up with any other scenario for this function, than to give some psyopaths the opportunity to abuse other players.

Just for the record: Since I told everybody about my lack of experience on hc and my comparativly low gear was obvious anyhow, I just have to conclude that they invited me only to put one mor portal up; In the very last seconds, when this service was not needed any more, they just disposed of me and probably got a good laugh out of it, thinking about themselves as "pro trolls" or whatever.

I am done with pugs, so much stands for sure.
Therefore, something like this won`t ever happen again, as far as I am concerned.

tl;dr
if you kick someone out of your raid for whatever reason you have mental health issues

raiding is important, mkay?
Made me chuckle, mate.
Your guild barely killed the gift bosses on mythic, that even PuGs can down. Well technically, that is a mythic raiding guild, buuuut none i would be proud of^^ And then i read, that you can't get into the group until you are "at least 375", at which point i am like "dafuq?",

What is your issue? I never claimed that they were the best guild in this universe and beyond.

I only said that they are a mythic guild, as in, curently progressing on mythic. Not more, in any case it is a fact.

Well, someone surely is cocky here. I would love to see you backing up those words.[/quote]

What the heck is cocky about me joining the core group as soon as I get the required itemlevel?

They told me clearly that they want me there as soon as my gear is at the level where I can pull the dps that is needed for mythic.

What is unreasonable about this requirement, or cockky on the part of a player willing to help his /her guild?
Wow has no community since everything went cross realm. People just treat others like crap coz they will more than likely never see that person again or are not on the persons server so they'll suffer no backlash.
They probably removed low dps. Some people will explain why they are removing players, others will just kick them.
14/11/2018 00:06Posted by Varileztra

Made me chuckle, mate.

Well, someone surely is cocky here. I would love to see you backing up those words.

Uhmmmm...No. They told me fair and square that they want me in the core mythic group.
It`s just their opinion that I belong there. That is just what they told me.
14/11/2018 00:25Posted by Zhergul

Made me chuckle, mate.

Uhmmmm...No. They told me fair and square that they want me in the core mythic group.
14/11/2018 00:19Posted by Zhergul
What the heck is cocky about me joining the core group as soon as I get the required itemlevel?

They told me clearly that they want me there as soon as my gear is at the level where I can pull the dps that is needed for mythic.

What is unreasonable about this requirement, or cockky on the part of a player willing to help his /her guild?

If your guild thinks 375 would be the required ilvl for the third boss of uldir, there is a serious lack of skill accross the entire raids rooster.

What is cocky is not that a player is willing to help the guild.What is cocky is the claim that someone would be supposed to be in a position above his current position. As in your case, getting kicked from a pug and the claiming you belong in higher version of the raid.

What you said:

It's a massive difference between "until I can get where i am supposed to be" and "they think i should be there".
However, it remains, that if they actually wanted you, like really REALLY wanted you and really thought that you really really really need 375 to perform in mythic uldir (still trolololololololololol), they would be assisting you in gearing up. Be it by boosting your !@# through heroic or m+10s
I guess that some of you got me completly wrong;

I am very well aware that this pugleader did not break any rules. This is also the reason why I am not accusing him /her /it as much as I blamne Blizzard for their obviously stupid rules.

Rules that will only benefit abusers.

Just tell me about one scenario when kicking people midfight might prove beneficial for the rest of the raid.

Especially when it comes to people who have stuck through multiple wipes, have been helpfull, friendly and told everyone about their possible shortcomings regarding gear.
14/11/2018 00:34Posted by Zhergul
ust tell me about one scenario when kicking people midfight might prove beneficial for the rest of the raid.

On ghuun?
Someone who keeps placing the white !@#$%s in the middle of the group, either forcing everyone around him to have to move or get hit by an orb and then themselves having the debuff to run out because of it.

or someone taking exessive amounts of unnecessary damage, making healers waste their mana on him, without him being much of a help dps wise.
That's a pretty wild & assuming conclusion, unless you know 100% the claim to be false from being in the same Guild as OP.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Cross-realm access outside of Battlegroups (if those even exist, any more) was never going to be a good move - condensing the player base into fewer Realms was always a better way to handle inefficient Realms/populations.

The only thing I would add to OP is that if the Guild you're in really do - your AiL aside - want you to be in their core Raid team, they'd consider running a Guild Heroic to help get you geared... well; it would make sense to be an option for them.

Players will always be able to type all the useful advise in the world & offer all the help possible to others; but until they ante up & actually help you, 'words are cheap'.

... and 'git gud'...? It's the politest way - for players who couldn't give two s**ts that you even exist - to say what they really think about your plight.
Even then, I'm surprised they have the patience to type as many keystrokes as they use to type such responses.
14/11/2018 00:28Posted by Varileztra
However, it remains, that if they actually wanted you, like really REALLY wanted you and really thought that you really really really need 375 to perform in mythic uldir (still trolololololololololol), they would be assisting you in gearing up. Be it by boosting your !@# through heroic or m+10s

Well, they told me fair and square that they want me in their mythic team.
They offered to gear me up via their alt runs.
So yes, they will take me on to their Hc runs.
I hate mythic dungeons as a concept, plus I don`t have time for that activity.

To me, all of what they said sounded perfectly fair.
And they talked to me, not to you or any other person on this thread, as far as I am aware.
I never complied about my guild, I just proposed some necessary improvements regarding some features of this game.

I am pissed at Blizzard / Activison.

Not the poor idiots who kicked me from that onetime pug.
Not my guild, which is completly innocent.

I`m proposing to remove things that are absolutely unnecessary, except for some very unfun players, hellbent to make the game more miserable for everybody they happen to come in contact with.

And if they wanted you into their Mythic group, they'd be farming Heroics and M+10's WITH you to get you the gear, speedinh up your gearing process to get you into the group. But, they're not. So, to me, that screams you THINK they want you there, but they don't.

14/11/2018 00:34Posted by Zhergul
Just tell me about one scenario when kicking people midfight might prove beneficial for the rest of the raid.

Someone placing the crap on the floor in the middle of the group could give you a kick.
Someone who get's hit by Gaze of G'huun and constantly get's feared would be kicked.
Someone who stands in the wrong place when the bloods explode would be kicked.

Up until the 20% mark, the fight is pretty simple, do the orbs, put the stuff on the outside, stand in the red circle to remove stacks.
At 20% is where everything starts to stack up, 1 false move from a player could easily ruin the whole run. So, I'd kick anyone who messed up on the 20% phase, after getting through the annoying part of the orbs.
you wouldn't be kicked if you were needed or wanted

very likely you were kicked along with others for low DPS
I really don`t get it...Why are you trying so hard to convince me that my guild doesnt`t want me?
Read up on what I wrote above.

About that fight and the 20 % mark...Well, I know all of that.
And as I said in my first post I never failed and I told everybody that I only did the fight on normal. They were ok with that and seemed actually thrilled with my whole performance during the previous tries.

However, all of this is completly besides the point:

Why is it even possible to kick players midfight?

If you wiped before and arn`t happy with someone`s performance you can tell and remove; That is absolutely ok.

But if you tell someone that he/she /it is doing marvelous and then kick midfight...well, this speaks of nothing but a distictive will to troll and to waste the time of other players for nothing but your own psychopathic amusement.

And more important than any of that: Why is something like this even possible?