Leveling difficulty in woltk,cata and mop?

General
People seems to only talk about leveling difficulty in vanilla and tbc. But i was wondering how it was in woltk, cata and pandaria? was it harder or easier then? I mostly reffering to dying while questing ect.
Wotlk was equivalent to TBC, with Cata it got increasingly easier.
WotLK was almost the same as vanilla and TBC then they revamped the old zones in Cata and it became a faceroll until the changes in Legion 7.3.5.
Leveling in wrath was pretty much the same as leveling in tbc. Cata was where things changed with the revamped zones, introduction of heirlooms and changes to the talent trees so that each spec got a powerful signature ability at level 10. Cata was also when they introduced insane mana regeneration for casters at lower levels, meaning it was literally impossible to go oom before level 10.
Dungeon in Cata were no more tank and spank. Not so diff but you had to learn tacticts for some boss.
Levelling was the same of TBC (in wotlk) but easier in cata.

The only diff in questing in wotlk were the 5 man quests in Icecrown. Like TBC in shadowmoon it was difficult to find somethin to group (if you are guildless).
Well, I disagree with people here. WotLK was easier than TBC which was easier than Vanilla. The system went from quests introducing you to new places (where you could grind), to quest as the main leveling mechanic (TBC).
Furthermore the quests in WotLK became (even more) streamlined, grouped and linked to eachother. All this with a much higher droprate on questobjectives and questrewards tuned for your class. Not to mentioned the questobjective area was now marked on the map.
It took time, and the systen reminded much of Vanilla and TBC, but the mechanics behind it improved so much that you really cant say it was "as hard".
( Not to mention thet quests were really well designed story/lore wise, which made you want to continue... Unlike Boars and Space Boars)

For every expansion since, its more and more streamlined, less "off track" quests, less items to collect and use in the bag (in BFA u would often just "click" whatever was the objective) and often 100% droprate on questitems.
Downside is, as you might have noticed, your choice of leveling is more or less "which area do you want to start with".

P.S,
I cant tell if I died more during Wotlk than Vanilla or TBC. I guess as you progressed as a WoW-player you learned more about what to do and not... Hard to measure by.
Wrath, Cata and MoP were about equal, difficulty wise.

TBC was slower paced and more punishing, and had quite a few group quests.
Just came here to say FIX THE OLD CONTENT BLZZARD... you were my favourite QQ
Theres nothing wrong with the older content. People just have a gung ho rush mentality and getting slapped around because they dont pay attention.
09/10/2018 09:41Posted by Präss
People seems to only talk about leveling difficulty in vanilla and tbc. But i was wondering how it was in woltk, cata and pandaria? was it harder or easier then? I mostly reffering to dying while questing ect.

In vanilla I always enjoyed the quests more than the other expansions, TBC and onwards were all zone specific. You started in Zone A, did all the quests until you got a breadcrumb quest to Zone B (unless you skipped). In Vanilla (until Cata) you had quest chains that crossed between Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms.

I think the only reason they revamped the quests in vanilla was because of the achievements Loremaster of Kalimdor and Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms. Wrath and TBC as now had a subsection for each some whereas those two were "Complete 600 quests in Eastern Kingdoms" and it was hard to find the ones you'd missed. While you may be missing some say Kalimdor ones, the start of the chain may be in Eastern Kingdoms.
None of them were really difficult, just time consuming.
Overall around the same in terms of going from one point of max level to the next.

I'd really like to have everything available in timewalking too, especially cataclysm and TBC dungeons.