R.IO Solution: Enable Dungeon Finder for M+

General
1 2 3 5 Next
Here's a simple solution for the "raider.io problem" that makes finding Mythic dungeon groups very frustrating for alts and new players:

Just enable the Dungeon Finder for Mythic and Mythic+ difficulties, with ilevel-based requirements just like with Normal, Heroic, and LFR.

Mythic: 320
Mythic +2: 325
Mythic +3: 330
etc.

And just remove keystones. Allow custom groups to pick any difficulty they want.
Lol, you can't be serious.

Try making friends instead of trying to fix everything with a button.
Oh hell no, M+ at the lower keys may not be that difficult but at the higher keys...nah fam I'll go with my own choices.

Let me put it another way, The moment this happens there will be calls to nerf the crap out of the dungeon difficulty.

So no.
R.IO solution : forbid it.
04/11/2018 11:51Posted by Benidan
"raider.io problem"

What raider.io problem? I found no problems with it.
nononono dungeon finder is cancer, how about you go and meet some people
04/11/2018 11:54Posted by Dejarous
Lol, you can't be serious.

Try making friends instead of trying to fix everything with a button.

well, r io does exactly that: no need to even click, just hover over a name.

You can't be serious.
The only way to make R.IO somewhat obsolete would be to get another metric that gives informations about the applicants skill/experience level.

Making gear progression linear again could be a solution. This would lead to ilvl meaning something again. In past expansions your ilvl was a direct indicator of what kind of content you have already done and therefore it was almost impossible to outgear your skill. When you had ilvl X, you did Raid X and therefore had some kind of experience. Your experience could be estimated by your ilvl.

As it is right now with WF/TF it is possible to outgear your skill level which becomes apparent in m+. You might have a 370 ilvl because you were lucky, but you most certainly won't be able to carry your weight in a +10 that drops 370 ilvl gear. You might only be fit for +4 or +5.

Removing WF/TF alone won't fix the issue though since now there are multiple ways to aquire equvalent gear. Those ways are not equally difficult. Someone that became 340 in Warfronts or LFR has much less useful experience than someone that did it in mythics. That doesn't necessarily need fixing though.

What would need to be balanced is raiding vs m+ since that's where it's at when it comes to late game gear progression. If +5/+6 had a difficulty close to normal Uldir, ilvl could actually mean something again. Even if someone heavily focused on raiding before getting into m+, they would still be able to carry their weight.

In this scenario people that just aren't good enough will hit a brick wall when it comes to gear progression though. In the worst case they will only be able to progress, when a new LFR releases. This makes me think, that linear progression will never be coming back and R.IO will stay the best tool we have to create our party.
Inb4 you get prot warrior, shaman healer and 3 feral druids and you wonder "how could this happen to me? I've made my mistakes..."
04/11/2018 12:49Posted by Saphiramoon
"raider.io problem"

What raider.io problem? I found no problems with it.

For alts and new players, the process of finding Mythic groups is made more difficult by RIO. Maybe healers and tanks are exempt, because there are so few of them and they're required for a group. For DPS specs, it's tough when most group leaders only pick the DPS applicant with the highest ilvl or the most M+ runs according to RIO.

With my DH, his M+ progress *mostly* got tracked (unfortunately, his last +7 runs were not) by RIO due to the max-500-per-realm API constraint. But for my Druid alt, nothing gets tracked, so even if I do complete low-level M+ instances, it appears like he's done nothing at all.

04/11/2018 12:28Posted by Orlen
Oh hell no, M+ at the lower keys may not be that difficult but at the higher keys...

Maybe you're right. Maybe ilvl requirements alone aren't sufficient for higher M+ levels.

It's just frustrating that Blizzard managed to make really good match-making systems in Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm, but in WoW it's broken.
If you haven't watched Q&A, Ion said that you will be able to see basically "m+ score" on armory in the future patch.
For alts and new players, the process of finding Mythic groups is made more difficult by RIO. Maybe healers and tanks are exempt, because there are so few of them and they're required for a group. For DPS specs, it's tough when most group leaders only pick the DPS applicant with the highest ilvl or the most M+ runs according to RIO.

With my DH, his M+ progress *mostly* got tracked (unfortunately, his last +7 runs were not) by RIO due to the max-500-per-realm API constraint. But for my Druid alt, nothing gets tracked, so even if I do complete low-level M+ instances, it appears like he's done nothing at all.

You can set raider.io to show the score of your main too.

I'm getting declined too from high keys - I don't even bother signing up to +10 or even +9 with my 800 score, and I sometimes get declined even on +8. C'est la vie. You can't force people to play with you. Still, I'm slowly increasing my score and that will allow me to sign up for higher keys. It's slow, but it's fair. Getting in a random group and having more failed runs will not improve my experience. Raising my score will.
04/11/2018 13:42Posted by Saphiramoon
You can't force people to play with you.

That's why we need more solo content, I won't waste my time begging people to invite me for the content I am capable of doing.
04/11/2018 14:14Posted by Oblech

That's why we need more solo content, I won't waste my time begging people to invite me for the content I am capable of doing.
There is solo content. It's called "single player games". Try them
shut down RIO, bring back gear score
shutdown GS, bring back ilvl
make ilvl obsolete, bring back RIO

there will ALWAYS be a metric to judge if some1 is able to complete content or not, because this is not created by blizz, its made by the players
No
04/11/2018 12:32Posted by Henoriel
R.IO solution : forbid it.

Or what they are actually doing is increasing the data released and going to include in armory profiles.

So stop all this Raider IO screaming and tantrumming all of you.
04/11/2018 14:14Posted by Oblech

That's alright, but m+ is not solo content.
Alternatively, you can make your own groups, and then people will have to beg you.
04/11/2018 13:36Posted by Sárádá
If you haven't watched Q&A, Ion said that you will be able to see basically "m+ score" on armory in the future patch.

Haven't watched the Q&A, but according to mmo-champion:
"Mythic + Progression will be added to the armory panel in 8.1, showcasing your highest key for the week."

That's not the same as having information about highest key for each dungeon throughout the season. It's just what dungeon you did last week.
Here's a simple solution for the "raider.io problem" that makes finding Mythic dungeon groups very frustrating for alts and new players:

Just enable the Dungeon Finder for Mythic and Mythic+ difficulties, with ilevel-based requirements just like with Normal, Heroic, and LFR.

Mythic: 320
Mythic +2: 325
Mythic +3: 330
etc.

And just remove keystones. Allow custom groups to pick any difficulty they want.

The result would be that only players who can't find groups by other means would use it, funneling an unproportionally large fraction of lower skilled players into those groups. That would be interesting to watch though...