R.IO Solution: Enable Dungeon Finder for M+

General
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
04/11/2018 14:24Posted by Punyelf
04/11/2018 12:32Posted by Henoriel
R.IO solution : forbid it.

Or what they are actually doing is increasing the data released and going to include in armory profiles.

That is the true solution.

RIO itself has not a single flaw there are just 2 big flaws connected to it:

1 Players being idiots and just using the flat number of the score in the addon instead of the website to look at what dungeons the person has completed in what time frame.

2 Blizzard capping the leaderboard entries. For Dreanor (I imagine other high pop servers show a similar pattern) right now every dungeon has to be either a 10+ or 11+ key to even show up and bump your score up, so someone starting now basically has to zerg wednesday morning to get their score up if they can complete lower keys but are not good/geared enough for the higher ones yet.

The cap is on Blizzards end and I am 100% sure if they removed it RIO will be the first site to welcome the change to get more accurate data than they have access to now.
If you look through LFG you'll see that people have ridiculously high gear requirements for even +2. Some people have gear requirements for heroic legacy transmog runs. With people like that being so common it's a problem for people who don't play as much as them.
There needs to be a way to separate the wheat from the chaff. OP go back to the drawing board and find a replacement, not opening LFR to M+.
04/11/2018 13:36Posted by Sárádá
If you haven't watched Q&A, Ion said that you will be able to see basically "m+ score" on armory in the future patch.

This. But these people want dungeon finder m+ so they don't get denied by experienced groups when they have no experience in the dungeon or anywhere near that level.
Account wide m+ records in armory would be best bet, just so you know if someone has done the dungeon and at what level.
04/11/2018 11:54Posted by Dejarous
Lol, you can't be serious.

My thoughts for many reasons.

This would just be a joke.
They Should make dungeon finder include Basic Mythic level..

People who say omegalul make friends, just be quiet, this isent about you, since you don't use the dungeon finder to begin with, it won't affect you..
04/11/2018 12:58Posted by Nim

Try making friends instead of trying to fix everything with a button.

well, r io does exactly that: no need to even click, just hover over a name.

You can't be serious.

Which still can be solved by at least attempting to make friends from those you group up with. Of course this requires some more effort on multiple levels, but a fun MMO experience is rarely built on no or low social interaction.
04/11/2018 17:11Posted by Roxia
People who say omegalul make friends, just be quiet, this isent about you, since you don't use the dungeon finder to begin with, it won't affect you..

Apart from the fact that every time anything queuable has been even remotely challenging it has ended up being nerfed into the ground.

Pretty sure that would affect every one who doesn't want to see mythic+ nerfed because the '8/8, LFR on farm' crowd can't handle the dungeon they randomly queued up to do.

Try making friends instead of trying to fix everything with a button.
Poeple are doing heroic raids in pugs... Which is quite eqvivalent to what you would get from an automatic finder. Throwing Mythic dungeons and normal/heroic raids into the automatic group finder would be an non issue.

And even keep it at the current release pattern whereby the next part/difficulty is unlocked by the week.
04/11/2018 18:00Posted by Livía
Poeple are doing heroic raids in pugs... Which is quite eqvivalent to what you would get from an automatic finder

It really isn't.
Normal and Heroic dungeons are useless, they matter the first few weeks of an expansion and then they are worthless until the next expansion comes.. it makes no sense that Basic Mythic dungeons arent in the dungeon finder..

i use the Dungeon Finder tool, just like i que for Random Bgs and dont sit in orgrimmar trying to put together a 10 man rated group.. i just want the plug and play experince and not sit and spam a Guild or LFG chat..

people who got the time for this in 2018, great for you guys :) you have keystone 10+ levels and mythic raid content for your experince only, but there is absolutely no reason to not want a more challenging plug and play experince at the same time for the rest of us..
04/11/2018 18:03Posted by Slugtrail
04/11/2018 18:00Posted by Livía
Poeple are doing heroic raids in pugs... Which is quite eqvivalent to what you would get from an automatic finder

It really isn't.
A random assortment of players selected through an requirement... vs a random assortment of players selected through a requirement...
I agree with OP - voting for it.
Keep ur option to form your group with rio and run to the dungeon as a team or people u prefer.

I will click dungeon finder tool for m+
04/11/2018 19:28Posted by Livía
04/11/2018 18:03Posted by Slugtrail

It really isn't.
A random assortment of players selected through an requirement... vs a random assortment of players selected through a requirement...

What would be the requirement for the tool? On what basis would they assign players to each other?
How about removing all this pseudo ESL crap and making it a role playing game again ?

Starcraft and ranking is >>>>>>> that way tbh. But most of the !@#$ters that use raider io to feel cool over others wouldn't even win a single game in SC bronze.

The amount of toxicity in this game directly stems from developer design choices, and they will be here to stay until those said bad decisions are reworked again.
04/11/2018 14:16Posted by Sárádá
There is solo content. It's called "single player games". Try them

And again. Don't you get it that MMOs are not only about doing group content/socializing? I play MMOs, bacause I like the sensation of a living world, and not because I like to group up with people. I like the feeling that wherever I go I see tons of characters controlled by a living individuals. They're unpredictable and that's exciting... whereas in a single player game everything is static, programmed in a certain way to do certain things. Bland. Scripted.

Yeah, it's fun to play a single player game from time to time, but they're one-time shot only.

04/11/2018 14:27Posted by Saphiramoon
That's alright, but m+ is not solo content.
Alternatively, you can make your own groups, and then people will have to beg you.

Yeah, it's not... and that's the problem. Why should I rely on random strangers, while I could simply do it solo. Why can't I do it solo, why can't they give me a choice of doing it solo?
Lmao no thanks. R.io is a godsend.
04/11/2018 22:24Posted by Oblech
Yeah, it's not... and that's the problem. Why should I rely on random strangers, while I could simply do it solo. Why can't I do it solo, why can't they give me a choice of doing it solo?

How can you do solo content meant for 5 people - other than waiting for the next expansion and massively overgearing it?
This game is built on people playing with each other. To want to turn it into a solo experience is to negate its spirit.
How will an automatic grouping button make you depend less on 4 random strangers? It's only then they will be really random.
@OP i'll give you two solutions to your problem:

1. use your own key and make your own group and get your own r.io score.
2. get good.

if i can invite 2 players and one shows experience in any way and ilvl, and the other shows only ilvl, i won't pick the second one. it's not fair to the rest of my group ;)
I think a LFG could work but you have to complete the lower level mythic Key 3 times to be able to que for the next level and meet the gear requirement level.

So to qualify to que for a Mythic +4 LFG key you have to have completed all the Dungeon 3 times at +3

Also M+ last boss complete in time should allow you to get guarenteed 1 piece of loot for the loot table that you can select.

This would mean you would need to do each tier at least 3 times so that 3x15 runs per Dungeon which is loads of content no one gets pissed off with no reward runs either and loot can still be randomly titan forged.

But Blizzards current systems is randomly grind the crap out of everything and hope you get lucky but in reality people just get fed up and quit.
Ive done some M+ Dungeons 30+ times and still not got the peice im after..

Everyone likes to have structure to there progress and thing to aim for and a way to obtain certain gear right now thats missing.

Anyone im unsubbed soon because Blizzard dont care anymore.