Dragon rp

Argent Dawn
I remember there being a dragon rp community back in the later days of wod. I also remember it becoming almost 100% alliance based. Just out of curiosity, is there still a dragon rp community here on argent dawn?
I have come across a couple of dragon RP'ers this expansion, but I have no idea how the community is doing.
Did you check Goldshire for any?
I still have a stash of Dragon repellant... We all know how they are...
If you know they're a Dragon they're doing Dragon-RP wrong.
10/11/2018 09:54Posted by Moridunum

How did this become the meta for dragon RP?

Most dragons with good intentions don't seem to be super secretive about their dragon;ness, mostly just the bads do it with a few exceptions of the good ones that I can think of on the top of my head.
10/11/2018 09:57Posted by Erhardt
10/11/2018 09:54Posted by Moridunum

How did this become the meta for dragon RP?

Most dragons with good intentions don't seem to be super secretive about their dragon;ness, mostly just the bads do it with a few exceptions of the good ones that I can think of on the top of my head.

Basically this. Either you’re very open about who you actually are or you’re very secretive about it. However, if you’re going to be so secretive that it won’t ever come up IC then why not roll... well... you know, a normal goblin/human/elf/... instead of it being a dragon. Granted, there are some examples in the original game’s lore where it turned out there was a dragon under cover (see, Blasted Lands questline), but most that we’ve met are absolutely ok with saying “Yeah, I’m a dragon. Wanna hang out?”

So if you were to RP a secretive dragon you’d probably need an excuse for it, the best one being the story... But the problem is that I don’t think (?) there are any active communities to facilitate a storyline which would support the sudden “Dundundun, it was ~~the work of an enemy Stand~~ a dragon all along” revelation. And as such it feels like most dragon roleplayers just want to be special snowflakes for the sake of being special snowflakes instead of there being a good reason.

So there’s that.
Given we run into an overt Red Drake in Drustvar along with all the Blues in Azuna? If people can RP them well I don't see the issue. Its people who RP for 'teh powah' that are the problem, not dragons themselves.
10/11/2018 11:21Posted by Kaytlinne
Given we run into an overt Red Drake in Drustvar along with all the Blues in Azuna? If people can RP them well I don't see the issue. Its people who RP for 'teh powah' that are the problem, not dragons themselves.

Even then, is this really an issue? I don't have problems policing the quality of my own RP, unless you're super bound to a guild and completely dependant on it for RP, you shouldn't either.

You pick and choose what characters your character interacts with in your story, so if this <Behemoth, Berserker, Tatoo artist, Dragon Aspect> gets in your way, just don't RP with them.
I don't think I've ever RP'd with a dragon RPer I would call close to good. Most often than not it seems to serve as an excuse to command more power than everyone around them, and to use it to solve whatever they please.
No.. JUST NO!
10/11/2018 13:15Posted by Valissara
Most often than not it seems to serve as an excuse to command more power

All the random lords, archmages and commanders are any different?
Like any RP it has it's issues, but there is always good among the bad.
To answer the OP - there is no dragon RP guild on either faction.
10/11/2018 13:28Posted by Distantpeak
10/11/2018 13:15Posted by Valissara
Most often than not it seems to serve as an excuse to command more power

All the random lords, archmages and commanders are any different?
Like any RP it has it's issues, but there is always good among the bad.

I'm not sure what point your trying to make here, or what you're trying to disprove me on. I'm not talking about Dragon RP relative to how it stacks up against other people playing over roles, I'm not weighting one against the other.

I'm talking about dragon RP relative to my own experience with them, and wether or not those issues exists among lords, commamders and mages, doesn't change a thing.

I mean perhaps you're pointing out that it is a sympton of piwer RP in general, and not just dragon RPers, which I would agree with.

But regardless of if the issue exists elsewhere, it doesn't lessen its impact where you are exposed to it, and we're not talking about ghose other titles spread among RP, we're talking about dragons.
It is still around but not as much as it used to be I believe. Those who have RP'd dragons that don't often reveal themselves probably continue to do so and have it weaved in with their characters story, I respect those playing the long game rather than pulling it out for a "I win" button.

I would also like to point out we have fought and beat things greater than dragons after all these years. The "Champions" that we are stand above the power of dragons, of course in-character no-one RP's as the big OP Champion that the main story makes us out to be, but just a comparison.
10/11/2018 14:06Posted by Typhór
of course in-character no-one RP's as the big OP Champion that the main story makes us out to be, but just a comparison.

Watch me.
Not to mention, the whole "power play dragon rpers" is kinda... dead anyways. We see in Legion how weak dragons are after the cataclysm - blue dragons getting attacked and almost killed by Withered.
10/11/2018 13:48Posted by Valissara
I'm not sure what point your trying to make here

My point is what I said...
Like all RP it has it's issues, but there is still good among the bad.
yeah by the time you hit lvl 120 you've probably killed a thousand dragons

they don't seem to be that big of a deal

it's like rping a murloc at this point
Like with everything in this server there are good and bad apples, and you are going to be walking in mud for a while until finding the ones that most fit your preferences for role-play.

Want to be an op dragon who is open? That's cool.
Want to be a humbler, undercover one? That's cool.

Warcraft allows for both, and if you enjoy one style over the other, you should try to get in contact with people who are actively engaging in the sort of RP you want.

I am sure some of the original members of the WoD community have left the game for a hiatus, but there are still a lot of Dragon rpers out there who will be more than willing to give you pointers and interact with you IC.