Table of Content:
1. Disclamer/Introduction
2. Talents - Problems with Quality of Life
3. Talents - Suggestions
4. Bring back Second Wind
5. Bring back Shattering Throw
6. Overall class repolish
7. Thank you + YOUR IDEAS IN COMMENTS??
This post is not ment to be a post where I cry about other classes beating me in PvP, but a post to throw some ideas out and reflect on why and how Warriors can get more sustain and Quality of Life BOTH IN PvP AND PvE.
Not a 10+ years of experience player, so this is a perspective from a "casual" warrior player. I feel like warriors are very lackluster, especially Arms in PvP. Quality of life as a whole class is below average, compared to other classes, and I feel like they are behind in the whole "remake/repolish" train.
LEVEL 30 TALENTS:
Why do I have to choose between CC, mobility or a minor heal?
- Many classes have baseline stuns and talents to enchance their CC further, as well as heals and multiple bubbles/shields.
--
LEVEL 60 TALENTS:
Why do I again have to choose between out of combat heal, mobility or damage mitigation?
--
LEVEL 75 TALENTS:
Why is Cleave a talent? You dont use anything else besides Warbreaker in this bracket.
--
LEVEL 90 TALENTS:
Deadly Calm is never used.
--
LEVEL 100 TALENTS:
Ravager is never used.
Make the stun baseline, reduce range. Let us choose between mobility talents only.
EXAMPLE: Double time, Bounding Stride, NEW TALENT.
--
LEVEL 60 TALENTS:
Let us only choose between healing talents and damage mitigation talents.
Bring back second winds viability in PvP. This talent is only used when you level your warrior, after that it is never specced into. You never reset in combat for 5 seconds as a Warrior, and it should not be your purpose either to go for a reset as a Warrior in the first place.
EXAMPLE: Second Wind, Impending Victory, Defensive Stance/War paint. Or maybe make Defensive stance a baseline stance and make a new talent?
--
LEVEL 75-100 TALENTS:
Remove Cleave or make it baseline. Maybe make Sweeping Strikes cleave more targets for less damage?

Deadly Calm can be implemented into another cooldown, which makes you spend less rage (not 100% less) on your abilities, maybe Avatar?

Remove Ravager and maybe bring back the "Make your sword glow like fire and deal additional fire/other damage?
New Second Wind - when you fall below xx% HP, Second Wind will trigger and heal you for xx amount. This can only occure once every x minutes.

New Second Wind2 - when you fall below xx% HP, Second Wind will trigger and heal you for 2% hp every 5 seconds untill you reach xx% HP.
--
All of these things can be adjusted and that is just an example, it does not have to be OP.
This way, you can rely on Second Wind to be there and heal you when you fall low on health, istead of not using it at all and have 0 healing as an Arms warrior.

--
Instant cast? What? Well, if you dont want your warrior to feel like a mage, make it instant, and apply a debuff on the target with an invulnerability, to make him lose any sorts of those after x seconds(maybe the same time as the cast time?)

IF NOT INSTANT: Shattering throw will give the opportunity to force the paladin into thinking: should I just damage him as the warrior tries to kite and run away, or should i go for healing and interrupt the Shattering Throw? Maybe the warrior will fake the Throw and force the paladin into wasting his kick?
IF INSTANT: Great quality of life improvement + rely less on resets and kiting as a Warrior.
--
I see paladins getting their Goku mode wings in 8.1, where are our beast mode flashy cooldowns?

I feel like arms and fury warriors need urgent refurbish of their animations and sounds. Many of the sounds are ctrl-c ctrl -v across the specs.

What about Sweeping Strikes? These are vanilla animations.

Avatar: Make it so you become a huge beast glowing with fire and red rage pouring out of your eyes, following you as a red trail as you run around?

Other cooldowns for Fury, maybe Avatar for fury as well?

Recklessness effects? Beast + fire + glow + rage?

And i feel like the talent brackets arent as good as they could be, like you say, we as warriors, dont have much healing, and then they make us choose between a heal, and a stun, which is both something you absolutely NEED in say arena... *sigh*

And the whole thing about animation polish, hell yeah. Id like to see my self light up in blood red fire when i use my recklessness.

Great thoughts!
12/11/2018 13:41Posted by Ragequit
Great thoughts!

Thank you for your feedback, happy to see that there are others with the same thoughts.
Table of Content xD

You kids are rly making my day xD...
12/11/2018 13:54Posted by Drekhan
kids

12/11/2018 13:54Posted by Drekhan
xD
Nice idea, I'd love to see that coming.
Fury and arms need some love, for sure.
Arms, the only class 100% dependant on a healer.
Arms, the only class without a on deman selfheal.
Arms the only class without def cds, def stance is a joke and i cant count DBTS, oh stunned and raped from behind.
Fantastic post OP with a lot of valid points both technical and aesthetic. As a Fury fan:

1.Shattering Throw Should be bought back. It will add a layer of strategy for both us and our opponent. And as a nearly no defensive Cooldown class, ST would suit us (fury and arms) perfectly as a full-on aggressive class.

2.Impending victory. Ever since I started using this talent the game has been much more forgiving at every given situation(pvp, raids and M+) but looking at the tree it seems out of place.
It should either be baseline (which would give Arms a nice survivability boost too) or double time should be switched with Warpaint to get the trees fixed properly.

3. Please give us ( and arms too ) a nice graphical overhaul to avatar and recklessness. We already have the glyph the makes us burst into flames why not capitalize on it and make us into a gigantic flaming monster?
I always felt that warrior had a small fragment of a titan’s power with their incredible feats, adding a bit of supernatural flare to our class wouldn’t hurt.

4. Please give Heroic throw a Sap like effect for probably the ultimate M+ utility.
14/11/2018 00:43Posted by Omar
Fantastic post OP with a lot of valid points both technical and aesthetic. As a Fury fan:

1.Shattering Throw Should be bought back. It will add a layer of strategy for both us and our opponent. And as a nearly no defensive Cooldown class, ST would suit us (fury and arms) perfectly as a full-on aggressive class.

2.Impending victory. Ever since I started using this talent the game has been much more forgiving at every given situation(pvp, raids and M+) but looking at the tree it seems out of place.
It should either be baseline (which would give Arms a nice survivability boost too) or double time should be switched with Warpaint to get the trees fixed properly.

3. Please give us ( and arms too ) a nice graphical overhaul to avatar and recklessness. We already have the glyph the makes us burst into flames why not capitalize on it and make us into a gigantic flaming monster?
I always felt that warrior had a small fragment of a titan’s power with their incredible feats, adding a bit of supernatural flare to our class wouldn’t hurt.

4. Please give Heroic throw a Sap like effect for probably the ultimate M+ utility.

Great feedback, thank you. Although maybe the heroic throw sap is a bit of a reach;)