I need more meaningful rewards to pursue!

General
12/11/2018 17:41Posted by Dinoza
I dont like your transmog nor that weapon, will that give you motivation to farm something else? If not then perhaps you should take a break? Im not telling you to, but if the game is not fun to you anymore, and you have nothing to do then a break is always great.

No, that's not my angle. I very much enjoy playing the game still. It's super fun.
It's just once you hit that moment where your character is decked out in all the stuff you like the most (favorite mount, tabard, transmog, title, etc.), then the rewards in the game don't feel very meaningful to chase anymore.

Why bother chasing another mount when you already have [insert coolest mount]?

Edit: This, basically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj78yCaumpc
Really don’t like your morg, I wouldn’t be able to waslk around looking like that, lol.

Your hair is nice though so that’s a plus.
I seriously can not understand what the hell is up with people whos motivation in games is to collect skins. I struggle to get people who play only for ilvl and BiS items too, although that is more understandable and relateable.

To me, the motivation is interesting and challenging gameplay. I hope Blizzard focuses in that direction and ignores silly complaints from people who just want whatever is the prettiest items. You guys should play a barbie simulator.
12/11/2018 17:57Posted by Iratu
You guys should play a barbie simulator.

I advise against Final Fantasy XIV - it takes it onto a whole new level of stupidity.
I really like the outfit youre wearing currently, it perfectly fits the race you are playing and its giving to it that goth/vampiric look ( Eva Green would wear something like that to in her roles :D ).

When it comes to the priest sets as lightforged I like the Antorus and the one from TOS atm the best. And my favorite mounts are atm luminous starseeker and the admiralty stallion.

Tho I'm switching between more mounts when I'm playing and always looking to get the new ones which I like because sticking to just one would get boring fast, and I also like to change my outfit from time to time to.
12/11/2018 17:55Posted by Dappysham
Really don’t like your morg

It was just to illustrate a point about subjective motivations for pursuing rewards in the game, and the implications presented once those rewards had been obtained.

But I do appreciate hearing that you also don't like my transmog ^_^
Usually I'm quite driven by collecting things in games but in wow I find the lack of ever being able to complete collections really kills my desire to collect anything anymore because they keep removing things to make people feel special.

As much as I do still love the stories and the world created inside of wow I find myself lacking any motivation to play. There are no long term goals to aim for outside of raiding and it gives me a sense of having no point, why do I play when there is nothing to aim for? Why do I collect things when my collections can never be completed?

The game makes me question to much why or what I play for and the sense of having no real purpose outside of seeing the story is really demotivating me to login and play.
12/11/2018 18:14Posted by Kooki
The game makes me question to much why or what I play for and the sense of having no real purpose outside of seeing the story is really demotivating me to login and play.

I kind of share that sentiment. Or well, I know I'm running in the hamster wheel, and I don't mind running in the hamster wheel, I would just like if there was a carrot in front of me.

And yeah, I definitely agree with regards to being annoyed about collections.
I used to be all about Achievements when they were added in patch 3.0. Then Blizzard began dilluting them with all kinds of weird achievements that were more like time sinks or stupid mini-games. But okay, sure, whatever.

But then recently they took it one step further with the Legacy achievements. Like wtf is that crap?!
So now I don't bother with achievements anymore, because you can't actually chase completion in the truest sense of the word. It's not meaningful to chase.
"I can get 100% completion, but only if I exclude this and dismiss that and..."
12/11/2018 15:53Posted by Jito
If you have hundreds of mounts, what makes you excited for new ones?
If you have a favorite transmogrification, what makes you thrilled about collecting yet another one?

The excitment can die down after years of farming, particularly when you've reached a peak in your collection, and this is when you have nearly everything you desire and want.

I guess it's a wait game until something "cool" pops up again that you want to farm or try and achieve.

The thing about finding stuff the coolest obviously changes for every single person as you said you find them items cool, others may differ. There are items and mounts that have got a reputation for being highly sought after and cool either because of their looks, rarity, method of obtaining ect. Yet to another person, they may not have the same taste to find that the Swift Spectral Tiger is the coolest mount in-game.

Then there comes the above factor when you obtain something you've really sought after for a long time, and you use it for a few weeks, you sort of kind of go "meh" when you have it and so the feelings die down and it's no longer that special.

I personally want Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent :)

Also I should probably say just because you have ONE favourite doesn't mean there can't ever be another that will replace it, because there most likely will.
12/11/2018 17:47Posted by Jito
12/11/2018 17:41Posted by Dinoza
I dont like your transmog nor that weapon, will that give you motivation to farm something else? If not then perhaps you should take a break? Im not telling you to, but if the game is not fun to you anymore, and you have nothing to do then a break is always great.

No, that's not my angle. I very much enjoy playing the game still. It's super fun.
It's just once you hit that moment where your character is decked out in all the stuff you like the most (favorite mount, tabard, transmog, title, etc.), then the rewards in the game don't feel very meaningful to chase anymore.

Why bother chasing another mount when you already have [insert coolest mount]?

Edit: This, basically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj78yCaumpc

Yeah now I get your point. Well then gearing an alt might be an option, but if you are like me and dont like alts and want to focus only on just one character, then its tricky to be in your shoes.
OP, your thread/posts almost describes me (minus some points like owning Benediction staff), I don't enjoy "carrot-on-a stick" stuff as much, as i do collecting unique stuff as well.

On the other hand i liked "the Insane" grind for the sake of it. I almost always my play my main which is this Rogue (almost always if you even consider logging to alts for a few mins here and there as "playing"), i just can't find motivation to play my alts. I almost always use my Swift Spectral Tiger for ground mount and Cindermane Charger for flying. And i can't stay tmogged to anything other than T3 for a very long time if i do it however, its mostly my T6 Rogue blue (recolor) with heritage armor void wings and red color variant of MT skin combo. :D

I still have some goals to pursue though, Infinite Timereaver is being one of them. Since i can't farm it and most people also don't (at least in premade), especially after TW dungeons was made longer to complete. At least that's my overall experience with Dungeons in premade finder.
You could start by getting 1.7k archi in arena. People might finally start taking the things you write more seriously(at the pvp section). Probably not though... And you still haven't gotten curve even though we are soon done with this raid tier. What are you even doing in wow. Queue lfg ghuun link fake curve and get it done with.

Though I feel that your post contradicts what you are preaching. If you dumb down the game for every pleb. The rewards becomes less prestigious thus less satisfactory to achieve. Then you get "I have everything now what am I supposed to do".