Fake afk notifications

Customer Support
Recently, I was in a battleground and suddenly i got an emote that said *Name* has reported you AFK. Type /afk to stay in the battle. Since I wanted to stay in the battle I immediately typed what was requested and was instantly removed from the battleground as well as receiving a 15min Deserter debuff. Are there any plans to make this punishable or something similar as this is hardly fair for anyone just trying to play some battlegrounds for fun :( .
honestly blizzard cant take into account people being dumb enough to fall for a trick like that :L
Obvious troll is obvious.

13/04/2011 18:02Posted by Kakio
honestly blizzard cant take into account people being dumb enough to fall for a trick like that :L
It is already reportable I believe. Asides from that, try not to fall for it.

... Call me cold-hearted, but I laugh whenever people fall for it.
Hey Jukara!

Some player fooled you into his/her trap! The person simply did a custom made emote (You can do that by typing /e "Insert what ever you like"). You won't be messaged ingame, wether or not you're afk. You'll get a 1 minute debuff if players reported you afk. During that 1 minutes you just need to enter combat to remove the debuff again.

So do not listen to any the custom made emotes, nor whispers!

But, if you do go afk in a battleground, you will get removed immediately.

/Nemezís.
Very old (and stupid) joke that has been around for ages. Rather surprising that people still do it and that people still fall for it.
On the good side, you most likely wont be fooled that easily again ;)

While you are sitting out the debuff try another old worn out joke. Target a player and type: /e has pickpocked %T for 2 gold, 15 silver and 28 copper. I hear still quite a lot of people think thats for real as well
It's reportable so report the person in question and they might get punished.

Best way to deal with is to ignore it or warn fellow people on your team that the person in question is faking an AFK check and that they shouldn't do what the emote says.
13/04/2011 18:10Posted by Bluelightnin
While you are sitting out the debuff try another old worn out joke. Target a player and type: /e has pickpocked %T for 2 gold, 15 silver and 28 copper. I hear still quite a lot of people think thats for real as well

Another fun one to use in a crowded place is "/e spits on you.". :)
if u fall for that its ur own damn fault
Called noobmacro for a reason.
lol this happened to me the other week was anoyyed at the time but im laughing at it now :D good thing is that i wont fall for that trick again.
If you fall for it once, you'll never fall for it again.

It used to be /afk remove, making it a bit easier to trick ppl (yes, I fell for that one).
There's also the sitation where you have the <Away> tag in front of your name in BG, and you think "Oh, I better remove that", /afk. FFFFUUUUUUUUU...
There's also the sitation where you have the <Away> tag in front of your name in BG, and you think "Oh, I better remove that", /afk. FFFFUUUUUUUUU...

I didn't know whether to facepalm or laugh at myself when that happened to me :P
heheh you have the courage to admit you actually fell for that :D
/e has reported you for being a whiney b#tch, type /QQ forums inc to get half a care cup.
press alt+4 for instantwin is the best wa to win in bgs!