Battleground bug queue still present and much worse

Customer Support
1 2 3 65 Next
There is currently a bug right now that when you queue for battlegrounds you sometimes lose your queue, but it says you're still in queue. This will happen randomly over time as your waiting in queue. The queue icon will still show and the timer will be ticking, but you're not actually in queue anymore. The only way to know that your queue has bugged is to try and queue for a dungeon using Dungeon Finder and if you can then you know your queue is bugged since you're not allowed to queue for a battleground and dungeon at the same time normally... You can sit in this "bugged" queue for the next 24 hours and you won't get a pop, while your friends are going in and out of battlegrounds; until they get the bug of course.

This bug affects everyone who queues for battlegrounds. It's a lot more noticeable for experience off players because their queues are generally longer so there's more time for them to experience the bug.

Blizzard please look into this and fix it. I can't begin to explain how many players are affected by this daily and it makes the game a lot more stressful than it needs to be.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE spend the time that is needed to fix this.

Anyone who's been affected by this please post below acknowledging that the bug exist. Feel free to add anything that you feel I left out and the infuriating experiences you have had with this bug!

PLEASE can I have a blue response on this saying they know about it?
I searched and searched and havent found anything about it.
Or maybe someone who knows how to prevent this from happening could give me some info?
Or a link to another topic with a GM response?
This is a very SERIOUS and disruptive bug that ruins my whole PvP experience because I just CANT PvP on chars who have this bug.
If you haven't already done so, check this thread: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1999563200

If it's listed in there, it'll be known about; if not, post it there; if you've posted it already, then they know. You won't get anything more than that unless they need more information and thus must ask questions, or have been given a definite update from the folk who are working on all the fixes.
It's ridiculous.

I managed to get in one single game all yesterday, and today I haven't got in any so far.

We really need some kind of response to this problem.

The queue for EotS (Call to Arms) is currently at 13 minutes - not that I can actually get in anyway... but I'm guessing others are having problems too with the queue as it is at peak time on a Friday night.
If you haven't already done so, check this thread: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1999563200

If it's listed in there, it'll be known about; if not, post it there; if you've posted it already, then they know. You won't get anything more than that unless they need more information and thus must ask questions, or have been given a definite update from the folk who are working on all the fixes.

Thanks for the link.

It's already listed, so I guess it's just a matter of waiting.

I seriously wonder how good their testing is sometimes. Things like this and overlooking the authenticator on the login screen makes me wonder if all the devs are working on the smae versions of the client...
It's rather sad cause the issue was brought up several times but all the blue responses after those posts ignored those about battleground queue bugs.

I know that a very minor part of the playerbase is experiencing this cause this bug literally stops you from playing,it's the most annoying bug I've encountered in this game,and I've been playing for 4years+,I would have expected to see threads about it all over the forums everywhere yet there's only a few players voicing their concerns about this.

I really hope Blizzard isn't gonna take this lightly cause the bug only appears on a few rare players.
First let me offer my apologies. This problem is obviously disruptive and frustrating for those of you affected; we're aware of just how big an impact it's having and are treating it with a due level of importance.

Whilst our developers are looking into it from their side and will fix it as soon as possible, there's another possible workaround that has helped some players solve the problem themselves, at least temporarily.

If you'd like to try this workaround, leave the queue for any battlegrounds you're currently waiting for, visit your faction's "Experience Eliminator" NPC (Behsten for Alliance, and Slahtz for Horde) and toggle XP gains off and back on again (vice versa for those that wish to have them turned off).

Note that this isn't guaranteed to fix the problem, but quite a few players have found this helped them in the meantime. :)
30/04/2011 12:49Posted by Irylinne
First let me offer my apologies. This problem is obviously disruptive and frustrating for those of you affected; we're aware of just how big an impact it's having and are treating it with a due level of importance.

This is good to know. Thanks for informing us.
If you'd like to try this workaround, leave the queue for any battlegrounds you're currently waiting for, visit your faction's "Experience Eliminator" NPC (Behsten for Alliance, and Slahtz for Horde) and toggle XP gains off and back on again (vice versa for those that wish to have them turned off).

This didn't seem to work for me :(

Average wait time: 10 min
Time in queue: 30 min

Well i hope that the devs wil find a solution quickly...

Note that this isn't guaranteed to fix the problem, but quite a few players have found this helped them in the meantime. :)

It does absolutely nothing.

The issue seems in large part that region-wide matchmaking looks like it's disabled, BGs are apparently now only spawned between players of the same battlegroup. Any information on this? Was it disabled intentionally or was it a bug?
Also, obviously significant changes have been made to the queue system in 4.1 for the dungeon finder. I've also seen mentioned that some "fix" have been made to solve problems that people had with BG queues. Since the game is so focused on instanced content, the queue system is a crucial part of it, where bugs can have game breaking consequences. It is also probably impossible to test under real conditions until it reaches the live servers.

My point is, why is it that we need to harass customer support for days to even get an acknowledgement that a problem exist? Doesn't blizzard QA department play on live as soon as a patch is deployed to make sure everything works well? Especially the queue system that can't be tested really well on the PTR?
In my post 3 hours ago i queued for a match and until now i managed to play 1 whole match.
So 1 match in 3 hours i kinda crappy especially when yer leveling via BG's.

I have seen its Under Investigation in the 4.1 Known Issues & Bug Reports.
But what do you mean by that? That it still isn't acknowledged as a true bug?
leave the queue for any battlegrounds you're currently waiting for, visit your faction's "Experience Eliminator" NPC (Behsten for Alliance, and Slahtz for Horde) and toggle XP gains off and back on again (vice versa for those that wish to have them turned off)

I tried this and it didn't help at all.
One thing worth mentioning would be that this problem only occurs to characters lower than 85, at least in my case. Whenever I queue on my 85 I get an invite in a matter of seconds, be it day or night. But I want to play this character in BG's, not the 85!
I got 2 more weeks of subscription, if it doesn't get fixed, I'm moving back to my old mmo, with all the regret.
Yep I also enjoy PvPing while lvling a lot,not to mention this bug must be devastating for the twinking community.
My problem with battlegrounds started today.
I was on a boat from Northrend to Stormwind to start gaining XP (I was/am XP locked at 80) because there was no one at level 80 for either AV or AB (needed for For the Children Achievement). I crashed while zoning. I relogged after that and I was still queued for BG. I went to the XP Eliminator and started gaining XP and now I cant leave BG queue plus I my "waiting times" are both Unavaliable and X minutes. Any thoughts on this issue? Tried ticket but...5 days? :D
Tried that XP eliminator solution a couple of times and still nothing.
"Time in queue 6 hours 40 minutes" looks epic though :D
My problem with battlegrounds started today.
I was on a boat from Northrend to Stormwind to start gaining XP (I was/am XP locked at 80) because there was no one at level 80 for either AV or AB (needed for For the Children Achievement). I crashed while zoning. I relogged after that and I was still queued for BG. I went to the XP Eliminator and started gaining XP and now I cant leave BG queue plus I my "waiting times" are both Unavaliable and X minutes. Any thoughts on this issue? Tried ticket but...5 days? :D
Tried that XP eliminator solution a couple of times and still nothing.
"Time in queue 6 hours 40 minutes" looks epic though :D
If this issue isnt resolved well before the end of Children's week i am going to have a hissy fit the size of the planet.

My 83 Hunter cannot get into ANY BG's
Bump - and i am only doing this because everyone on the pvp forum has been told to post this issue here, yet....nothing....
Probably around half of all players are 85 and it doesn't affect them, so obviously less exposure.

There are two BG bugs.

One is the queue bug mentioned in this thread. I didn't even know it existed, other than that I have had to requeue for battlegrounds every 10 minutes to even GET a BG popup.

The other bug adds to this one, and that is that half of the time, I cannot JOIN even when I get a popup!

THE BG SYSTEM IS COMPLETELY BROKEN. I'm lucky if I can get into one battleground a day! (And I play pretty much all day).

I can sit in town for hours and hours and not get into any BG.

How on EARTH can you miss something like this and make it go live in a main patch? It's pretty amazing. You have to be some pretty clueless team to make this go live and not notice it.

Whilst our developers are looking into it from their side and will fix it as soon as possible, there's another possible workaround that has helped some players solve the problem themselves, at least temporarily.

I was pretty relieved to find this response, as it acknowledges the problem. It's utterly game-breaking for me, as I've levelled via PvP from the moment BG's became available.

I notice the post was 2 days ago, any update?
My game expires in one week and I'm not going to renew until this is fixed. I've had it with this frustrating experience and I'm not gonna contend with just doing PvE in the meantime. You can say one third of the game is gone. For some PvP is even more important than that.
02/05/2011 21:11Posted by Lestele
My game expires in one week and I'm not going to renew until this is fixed. I've had it with this frustrating experience and I'm not gonna contend with just doing PvE in the meantime. You can say one third of the game is gone. For some PvP is even more important than that.

Yeah, that's pretty much the situation for me. About 75% of my game time is PvP with the rest professions etc. It won't be worth adding another month just for professions...