Battleground bug queue still present and much worse

Customer Support
Prev 1 9 10 11 65 Next
I'm starting to think that they really did screw up here, because obviously, we're not getting our BG's.

But i've read up on different things, tested different characters who are all in different battlegroups, and a majority of them seem to be fine, until you hit a certain level bracket, many people on my battlegroup (Vindication) seem to have no issue from 10-79, but from 80-84 it's a deadmans waiting game, but on other realms (like sporegar) i've seen players from other battlegroups appearing in the BG's, like people from my own realm (all within the 50-59 bracket), and this is weird, so i think the issue lies with the imbalance in the battlegroups, not the lack of population (as the GM's have suggested to all of us), but the fact that the queuing system searches inside your bracket, your battlegroup too much, they should just mix it up, so everyone can get a battle, it's weird when 3/6 of your characters can all get them, but as soon as you go out of that bracket/battlegroup it changes.

So i think the battlegroups need to be revised so people from level ranges get paired if you will, instead of realm status, seems more logical.

As it stands i don't want to buy Cata, purely because i've heard of some people not getting in even at 85, just like my fellow poster Solice.

Now i can see a flaw in what i'm saying here, it almost sounds like a population imbalance, but if it is affecting both factions then surely this is a major issue, and seeing as the 80 bracket is now home to levels 80-84, i'm sure the game has at least 300 people of that bracket queuing at one time in a whole range of areas, now i'm no developer, but how hard is it to pair those people?

And if that isn't the issue, because i've seen friends, guildies, random people get into BG's in my bracket, but i can't, so surely this issue has some backing, it CAN'T be a population difference, especially if Blizzards region-wide battlegroups thing still exists, or did they cause this by tampering with the system.

I don't find it possible for it to all work 90% properly and then suddenly 4.1 goes live and we have a problem, Blizzards GM's obviously think that 4.1 made everyone level to 85 suddenly.. i think not.

EDIT: Also, take time to read this thread, the last few posts i read really agree with Blizzard seeming to have screwed up their merging of battlegroups.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2064318546#3

This is, for the more lazy readers among us, the post i'm talking about mainly.

they wont fix it, they did that on purpose, show must go on guys

Cool story bro, but a blue already commented on this issue which actually affects every and all low lvl battlegrounds. They're working on a fix since they seem to have messed up the merged battlegroups, only meeting people from same bg atm.

Now, it mentions a fix in progress, which i doubt, with the lack of information it's hard to believe anything and take it as gospel, but this guy mention a GM saying that they're fixing it, although, he is getting into BG's from what i've found.

Still, all the leads we have will help, hopefully Blizzard take time to look at our hard thought work and appreciate the effort we're putting in here, instead of making 50 threads and trolling the **** out of them.
A post from a Blue on US forums an hour ago:

"A fix has been made and has been applied. This should resolve the queues that lead no where and being stuck in queues for an unreasonably long time. A couple other minor BG oddities were also fixed.
You should start seeing a marked improvement shortly. Thanks for all your reports"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456450547?page=7#129

Hopefully Europe will follow soon if it works.
A post from a Blue on US forums an hour ago:

"A fix has been made and has been applied. This should resolve the queues that lead no where and being stuck in queues for an unreasonably long time. A couple other minor BG oddities were also fixed.
You should start seeing a marked improvement shortly. Thanks for all your reports"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2456450547?page=7#129

Hopefully Europe will follow soon if it works.

From reading it, i don't think it's worked.
Hi there folks,

I'm sorry that you've all been kept waiting so long, and I'm incredibly grateful that you've all been so patient.

As quoted by Beard (best name ever for a Dwarf, by the way), we're going to be pushing some fixes during this week's maintenance that we're hoping will solve the problem.

'The problem', from what we've seen, is that players are frequently stuck waiting in a battleground queue that will never pop. They may not even realise that they're stuck unless they try to leave manually. These stuck players, whilst themselves waiting indefinitely, are subsequently not part of the actual pool of queuing players, and thus players that aren't stuck are affected too.

The hotfixes that we've been implementing over the last few weeks, and the ones that will be active from tomorrow onwards, are aimed at fixing this stuck issue. We're hoping that we've nailed it.

Once the realms are back up tomorrow we'll be eager to hear whether you feel the issue has been solved, though I do ask that you give it a fair chance; play a few games, see how the queues fair during the course of the day, and then post your feedback. :)
a blue post o.O

even though it took 10 days for one, i'm still grateful

damn this game -_-
a blue post o.O

damn this game -_-

I wonder how surprised you would be if you actually bothered to read page one then.
a blue post o.O

damn this game -_-

I wonder how surprised you would be if you actually bothered to read page one then.

its been 10 days since that blue post.

see how i turned that around on you? how stupid do you feel now >.>
Excellent posts throughout this fiasco Bitrecoil, I enjoyed reading them.

Now let's just hope that a fix really happens. I don't really buy the reason about being stuck from this latest blue post... How can it take two weeks for top devs to come to the conclusion that we are just "stuck". No sorry, don't buy it.

However at least some attempt at an explanation has been provided for everyone and you are ready to attempt a fix for us. In the end that's all that matters, that we have a chance to play again.

If all goes well, we shall have a party right here in this thread guys. But don't hold your breath just yet.

I don't, it's your post that lacks the clarification how you meant. You only said it took 10 days for a bluepost, which there was one on page one. You didn't say it took 10 days from first bluepost to the second, which you apparently meant but didn't say. How stupid do you feel now >.>

I don't, it's your post that lacks the clarification how you meant. You only said it took 10 days for a bluepost, which there was one on page one. You didn't say it took 10 days from first bluepost to the second, which you apparently meant but didn't say. How stupid do you feel now >.>

'if you had bothered to read X page' or any of the thread for that matter, you would see that because the post was so old, many people (myself included) wanted a more recent post. since that was the general tone of the thread, i simply didn't think it necessary to specify exactly what i meant.

turned it around again. checkmate.
Hi there folks,

I'm sorry that you've all been kept waiting so long, and I'm incredibly grateful that you've all been so patient.

As quoted by Beard (best name ever for a Dwarf, by the way), we're going to be pushing some fixes during this week's maintenance that we're hoping will solve the problem.

'The problem', from what we've seen, is that players are frequently stuck waiting in a battleground queue that will never pop. They may not even realise that they're stuck unless they try to leave manually. These stuck players, whilst themselves waiting indefinitely, are subsequently not part of the actual pool of queuing players, and thus players that aren't stuck are affected too.

The hotfixes that we've been implementing over the last few weeks, and the ones that will be active from tomorrow onwards, are aimed at fixing this stuck issue. We're hoping that we've nailed it.

Once the realms are back up tomorrow we'll be eager to hear whether you feel the issue has been solved, though I do ask that you give it a fair chance; play a few games, see how the queues fair during the course of the day, and then post your feedback. :)

Awesome!
I hope it will work,and that the bug will be fixed!
Excellent posts throughout this fiasco Bitrecoil, I enjoyed reading them.

Thank you, i have enjoyed your posts aswell, nice to meet a like minded person who actually uses logic over rage.

Hope to hear from you in the future my friend.

Now let's just hope that a fix really happens. I don't really buy the reason about being stuck from this latest blue post... How can it take two weeks for top devs to come to the conclusion that we are just "stuck". No sorry, don't buy it.

However at least some attempt at an explanation has been provided for everyone and you are ready to attempt a fix for us. In the end that's all that matters, that we have a chance to play again.

If all goes well, we shall have a party right here in this thread guys. But don't hold your breath just yet.

I hope this fix is real, i will personally send my thanks to the GM's and dev's for it if it works, despite this prolonged period we've been without, for some of us, our only outlet.

From what i've seen the American forums had a fix posted earlier, quoted in an above post, but from what i saw it made no difference, lets hope europe prevails!

But despite all the issues, a fix will probably trigger a party! And our 'love' for Blizzard will be back.

I'm grateful to Irylinne for the update, thank you, nice to have a response we can actually see has had logic used to be formulated.
Well altho it seems to be mostly the xp off people at the US still having trouble I still won't hold my breath for it. Anyway for those not going to school or work like me keep us updated :P I will check the forums on my phone too see if its worth to try to que again with my low lvl alts :P
10/05/2011 21:26Posted by Kesia
Well altho it seems to be mostly the xp off people at the US still having trouble I still won't hold my breath for it. Anyway for those not going to school or work like me keep us updated :P I will check the forums on my phone too see if its worth to try to que again with my low lvl alts :P

Same here, i'll be away all day till around 6pm GMT at earliest, so i'll be updating on my mobile as the day progresses.

Fingers crossed that it is solved tomorrow, that'd be perfect.

Why can't people just realise when getting owned. I mean I realised that blizzard really were just screwing with us holydins, after a while I started to laugh at it anyhow... why can't you?
At least the queues actually remove themselves now and don't sit there until I hassle a GM.
10/05/2011 21:34Posted by Zeraph
At least the queues actually remove themselves now and don't sit there until I hassle a GM.

Got to start somewhere, haha :)
This forum thread (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2064178605#1) was incorrectly locked in order to direct our query regarding incorrect predictions of battleground queuing times. The diagnosis of non-popping battleground queues cannot directly be the cause of invalid wait times. Therefore we will begin a new thread for this distinct problem.

In future, I would grateful if blue posters would provide a little more opportunity for confirmation of their diagnosis. A good alternative might be a dedicated defect reporting system instead of a chat zone.
haven't the wait times for pretty much everything in-game (apart from the mario-kart style BG starter) always been wrong xD

no i dont buy that reason either :P - cause thats not really the problem...thats clear when you enter the 85 bgs thats also pretty long queues now - but you never get stuck - and when you enter its teh same servers as before the bg merge....so no...i dont buy this reason either....not at all....but meh...if they really do fix the real thing - that is remerging the bgs...fine let them "lie" about the truth then...