Using a VPN get me banned?

Technical Support
So in light of these various issues I find myself researching a VPN.

My question is, will using a VPN to play wow get me banned? I've asked around and no one seems to conclusively know.
As far as I know blizzard do not like people tunneling in any way shape or form, don't know if they ban people or actively enforce their tunneling rules but i'm sure it's somewhere in the EULA/TOS
This is the main reason for my question really. A lot of people seem to "think" it's ok, but no one is actually sure. I've scanned the TOS / EULA and can't find anything directly contributing to a "yeah it's fine" or a "no don't" argument.
We appreciate that there are circumstances when the use of a proxy/VPN can be beneficial. However, such services are routinely used to attempt to hide the actions of Online Trading companies and users attempting to use exploitative third party programs. As such we do not support the use of proxy services, and if you choose to use them you may experience issues with your account.

In other words, use at your own risk only. If it's one not available to general public you will be safer.
Thinking about doing this too

Need to raid and play arena but with BT playing up a VPN seems like the only option at the moment.
We appreciate that there are circumstances when the use of a proxy/VPN can be beneficial. However, such services are routinely used to attempt to hide the actions of Online Trading companies and users attempting to use exploitative third party programs. As such we do not support the use of proxy services, and if you choose to use them you may experience issues with your account.

In other words, use at your own risk only. If it's one not available to general public you will be safer.

While I accept it could cause me an issue accessing my account, could it actually result in me getting banned?
While I accept it could cause me an issue accessing my account, could it actually result in me getting banned?

Yep, it will ;-) as it happened to me. I use a VPN, and when I transferred gold between my alts, it got flagged automatically and banned. A support ticket was raised and my account was unlocked, but it highlights the risk of using the VPN. It's probably fine until you do something like mailing gold, as I don't do that often (just when AH has been good), and I've been using this for a month or so without any other issues.