Outland...how to get past Outland...??

General
I'm in a state of dread...I have 3 characters at level 60, 2 more coming up, and they'll all have to go through Outland...Outland..with its quests where items have unbelievably long cooldowns, where you can kill 20 mobs and only have 2/40 needed quest items. Outland...where the look of items and zones make my head hurt something fierce.

Tell me...how to get past Outland with my sanity intact??

:'(
Outland is awesome. What you really need to worry about is the god awful Northrend experience.
Keep questing in Azeroth, couple of gathering professions and you should easily get the 8 levels you need to hop on the frost-train.

Also just queue for the dungeons, good experience there too.
Not a clue, I'm grinding my way throught it myself. Never liked it during TBC, and still hate it with a fiery passion. I just quest mindlessly and ignore the quest counter, bickering in guild chat hoping to pass time some.

Ofcourse you could just do random Battlegrounds, great Exp.. But you'll be left with no gear at all for Northerend, which might be an issue.. Or Instances, which is terribly slow and can take AGES just to get a single level down.

But yeah, it'd be very nice if they'd add a way to pass 60-70 in a more.. Updated fashion, I don't mind Northerend as much.. But Outland is what keeps me from rerolling most of the time.
i spammed LFD my way through, dungeon queues were no longer than 10 mins for me
06/05/2011 11:21Posted by Bauertehmage
Outland is awesome. What you really need to worry about is the god awful Northrend experience.

This. I thoroughly enjoy Outland but I find it sad that with the experience changes and guild perks etc you can easily outlevel it by the time you reach Nagrand. Northrend on the other hand is a dreadful experience, I love the zones, the music and the feel, however the thought of doing Howling Fjord or Zul'Drak again makes me want to puke :p
drugs and alcohol. thats the only reasonable way
How to get past outlands, BG ofc don't even think about dungeons!
Leveled a rogue through Bgs probably the best thing I've ever done
hack n slash whoop whoop!
Northrend is just ice cold and boring. Outland rocks so hard it's kinda broken.
Mwahahaha.
Nah, I like Outlands. I do want to try Northrend on Alliance one day, can be a whole different thing.
06/05/2011 11:28Posted by Ellila
drugs and alcohol. thats the only reasonable way

Weell....guess I could follow that advice and provide some entertainment for my guildmates in the process...

A good idea though was the professions....most of my alts have mining and herbing until level 85, makes me some gold while leveling and gives them levels from gathering only...I'll simply let them get rested and grind herbs (outland herbs sell quite well) and get gold whilst getting them through that dreadful place!

However, I do wonder..what will Blizzard do about the fact that you play in Cataclysm 1-60, then off to a storyline that took place YEARS ago, then into a storyline that's over with since many MANY months and suddenly back into the Cataclysm...?

It's all over so fast anyway. Last time I did it I only did 1 quest in Nagrand. So that was Hellfire, Zanga, couple of dungeons and 1 quest in Nagrand. Ding 68 and off to Boring Tundra.
After streamlined CATA 1-60, BC feels like endless grind all over again(Even Vanilla was better because of scenery and zones mostly).
I don't know why people hate WOTLK zones(I like them).
Questing wise: CATA > WOTLK >> VANILLA >>>>>>>>>>>> BC
BC was like a blast of fresh air after Vanilla zones(During my first visit there ever) but I changed my mind half way through Hellfire.
I suggest you to spam BGs and do some quests while you wait and then travel to Northrend at level 68.
do battlegrounds 58-80 =) i just did a bit quest in icecrown for last xps,also av weekend starts today if im not mistaken! gogo 1 bg 1 lvl.

Ofcourse you could just do random Battlegrounds, great Exp.. But you'll be left with no gear at all for Northerend, which might be an issue.. Or Instances, which is terribly slow and can take AGES just to get a single level down.

L70 full brutal set for around 1.5k honor, good for a couple of levels. Random bg's ftw
I did Outland at the beginning of the week on my Goblin Shaman. I know how you feel. But I had several heirloom items and was 68 by the time I finished Zangarmarsh! Now I'm 77 and struggling through Scholazar basin! :(
Outland it have most boring place to be in maybe it just me but to me it feel so distant some how you hard see anyone there and Northrend dont feel so distant i dont know why i feel like that but i think it is basic for you are leave Azeroth when you go to outland. Northrend you still in Azeroth.
Yeah Outland is quite horrible, especially because Im levelng so many alts nowadays, have to go through the same quests again and again. I think Ive done Hellfire Peninsula atleasts 20 times... Northrend is also quite bad, but there are couple ways to lvl up from 70-80 (different zones).

just suck it up and do it ;D (Mr.T)
06/05/2011 11:32Posted by Rorcanna
However, I do wonder..what will Blizzard do about the fact that you play in Cataclysm 1-60, then off to a storyline that took place YEARS ago, then into a storyline that's over with since many MANY months and suddenly back into the Cataclysm...?

i never really thought about that before but it is very true...... and very strange. time travel!
Outland is fine. It makes me remember the good old days when TBC just had been released.
so many alts sitting on 60 now because i simple cant be bothered with outlands and northrend anymore, i think the reason i got so many 60's is the re designed new zones and fact i lvled up alot during wotlk n tbc, so redone zones aint old now where as tbh outland is very much old and wotlk although not so old, ive done it about 20 times an cant bring myself to do it again.

On topic i recommend getting 60 then going to silthus atleast it cut yer outland time down, although it does make lvling longer as the quest xp is lower than outland