Who is your favourite World of Warcraft Hero and why ?

Story
1 2 3 13 Next
Hey guys.

I've wanted to post this for a couple of days now.

Who is your favourite world of warcraft hero? (Deceased or alive. doesn't matter)

My favourite is Sylvanas.
The reason for this is her background. A strong and honorable Ranger who did everything she could to defend her homeland. She boldly stood up against arthas and tried to kill him but in vain. Arthas mortally wounded her and later she was raised as a Banshee.
She then regained control of her own mind and recovered her body, and with her body she created the Dark Rangers.

Also her personality: Independant, cynical, cold heartet aswell as bold & strong.
She has suffered in years, everyday bearing the curse of undeath and yet she stands firm and fights on.
Jastor Gallywix.
He's schemeing, sneaky, got a top hat and the greatest shredder/mount ever to be built (opinion), what isn't to like about the guy who is potentially the most dangerous mind on Azeroth? I say give him command of the Horde's millitary strategy and the Alliance will be six feet under within a year. When the world is full of arrogant, brave, stoic and honourable heroes isn't it just a fresh of breath air to get a cowardly, caniving survivalist?

Part of what makes him appealing is that he has so many personality/character traits that would normally be seen as unappealing. Together it just works somehow.
Might work.. But seeing as i'm an "elf freak" as my friends call me, Sylvanas is an understandable choice for those who know me :P
Gallywix is awesome. Even when he loses... he wins.

Sylvanas is my favourite too. It's a shame we know so little about her early life as a ranger, I'd love to know more about pre-undeath Sylvie and her relations with Alleria/Vereesa/Nathanos/Kael'thas/Lor'themar outside of a few quest-text allusions.
Thrall, I really enjoyed the campaign of him taking people to Kalimdor. It reminds me about the begining of world discoverers like Columbus, Marco Polo, which is my favourite part of history.
All that settling, finding allies, there was some really specific air about it, air of adventure something mysterious ahead. Long journey... I cannot propery describe it, but I really loved the mood. And Thrall is really cool guy, he gains allies easily, and he has no problems with cooperating with other races. He shattered the average image of dumb aggresive orc, and was shown as wise, charismatic and respectful leader.

Now in Cataclysm - it's Vol'Jin.
I think you beat me to the punch Zindu, lol. Same feelings I have. Thrall, for me, that he is an orc but unlike any other, it was because of him that it broke the stereotype of all orcs being like something ripped out from a lord of the rings novel. He's got such a deep and profound character, I actully ended up caring about him after lord of the clans, showing his emotions, and when his rage is unleased.. it really is unleased.

I must say if it wasn't for Thrall I likely wouldn't have found much grounding with the horde.
One of the things you have to remeber with thrall is he is more Human than Orc in many ways having been raised by Humans and spent most of his life learning how to speak and behave and act like a Human. He then learned how to be an orc from Drek'thar and Orgrim and Grommash. He was able to use the strengths of each culture to balance out the others weakness and became a unique unreplicable individual.
Varian Wrynn, when he was young he lost everything he had, and he saw his city burn to the ground, by orcs, he saw his own father get his heart cut out by an orc. And later varian himself got captured by orcs, then he still became king. Still he keeps his sanity.

If I can pick more than one I'd also pick Bolvar, Sylvanas, Arthas, Alexandros Mograine and Darion Mograine.
Varian Wrynn, when he was young he lost everything he had, and he saw his city burn to the ground, by orcs, he saw his own father get his heart cut out by an orc. And later varian himself got captured by orcs, then he still became king. Still he keeps his sanity.

If I can pick more than one I'd also pick Bolvar, Sylvanas, Arthas, Alexandros Mograine and Darion Mograine.

Westfall then say that.
Orgrim Doomhammer for being the most bad ass leader the Horde ever had.
My moustache is my hero.
11/05/2011 13:37Posted by Falseboom
Westfall then say that.

After what he've been through I'm not gonna change my oppinion about him cuz of some homeless people.
11/05/2011 14:16Posted by Jóhn
Westfall then say that.

After what he've been through I'm not gonna change my oppinion about him cuz of some homeless people.

People he made homeless guy. Varian is always portrayed as a tragic yet heroic and noble soul but really his mind set and actions show he's much closer to Blackhand than Thrall. His city got burned down? Everyone in stormwind at the time saw that; he watched his father murdered? again alot of kids will have seen that during the flight from stormwind. Sold into slavery? ahem Thrall. Varian hasn't had it so tough not like he saw his brother betray his people and nearly destroy the world, or witnessed his closest friends turn his people against him then pursue him and attempt to take his life like he was the traitorous one. Not like he saw all the people of the world turn against him when all he sought to do was protect them.
11/05/2011 14:22Posted by Falseboom
Sold into slavery? ahem Thrall.

What makes you think I dislike Thrall? I'd also put Thrall on the list but now I don't cuz he made Garrosh warchief.

And Varian lost absolutely everything but his life when he was little, and now he has only his son that keeps him from insanity.

and It makes him less hero because others have had similar things happening to them?
Medivh, I think.

I guess I just like a proper wizard, especially one that is extremly powerful. But perhaps more importantly, I like the aura of mystery that he has always had. You never really knew everything about him - how powerful he really was, and so on.

So even though he doesn't directly appear much in WoW, then he still carries a lot of lore appeal. So just seeing the Dark Portal instantly makes me think of Medivh. Going to Karazhan is the same. And seeing an Atiesh staff is like "uuuuhh!".

So all in all, his low exposure in the game and sheer absence coupled with how powerful he was, as well as how mysterious he appeared, that probably makes him my favorite World of Warcraft hero.
11/05/2011 14:31Posted by Jóhn
Sold into slavery? ahem Thrall.

What makes you think I dislike Thrall? I'd also put Thrall on the list but now I don't cuz he made Garrosh warchief.

And Varian lost absolutely everything but his life when he was little, and now he has only his son that keeps him from insanity.

and It makes him less hero because others have had similar things happening to them?

No he's less heroic because he QQ's all the time aobut his hard life yet ignores how much worse the lives of those around him are despite them keeping thier sanity. A hero is less heroic when his actions are on par with the Villan who caused trauma in thier life.
Fine, I hate him.
btw, you want the Alliance to be flawless? How would that make hordes look?
11/05/2011 14:52Posted by Jóhn
btw, you want the Alliance to be flawless? How would that make hordes look?

I'm not saying they must be flawless I'm just saying someone who is supposed to be a just honourable leader shouldn't be as morally questionable as the bad guys. Sadly moral ambiguity is a trend these days that hangs around like a bad smell.
Malfurion Stormrage
I have a soft spot for druids and think Malfurion is brilliant; though this is probably because Blizzard pretty much admit he gets preferential treatment. I still think he's a great character and I love his new look as of Cataclysm's release. I genuinely dislike night elves and most of the other races that certain individuals put on a pedastal because "omg slim and mysterious and so badass" - I don't like things to be taken too seriously and I am a huge fan of humility; so it's weird for me to pick a night elf for this. :P

Vol'Jin
I love trolls. They have to be my favourite thing about Warcraft, by a very long way. Particularly the Darkspear, obviously. When I found out that troll druids were to become playable in Cataclysm I nearly hit the roof with joy (trolls are my favourite race and druids are my favourite class for both lore and gameplay reasons). Vol'Jin is my favourite lore character, because I love that he is highly intelligent, humble and extremely benevolent. If he and Garrosh could tolerate each other a little better - maybe even get on - they would be a formidable team indeed.

Cairne Bloodhoof
Genuinely wise, good and respected character. Really gutted when he died, but I hope he stays dead. It would be terrible if they just brought him back out of no where and it would completely diminish the effect of beloved characters dying. As much as I miss big Cairne, let him stay dead.