Here's how this works:
- Starting at the time this thread is made you can post your World of Warcraft question for the developers.
- Around 9:30 Tuesday Morning we're going to reply saying no more questions will be taken, and any questions beyond that point will be ignored.
- Should the thread hit the cap (500 posts), no more questions will be allowed.
- We'll then ask you to use the thumbs-up button to vote for any questions you'd like to see answered. (Please only vote on questions submitted before the cutoff time.)
- Around 17:00 on Tuesday, we'll lock the thread, meaning no more votes will be possible.
- We'll pick out posts with the most votes, collect them with questions from the other regions, and get answers to be posted the following week.
- This process will continue on, with a new question thread going up (weather permitting) and the answers to the previous questions being posted shortly thereafter.
- Only one question per post.
- If your question is answered your character name will be displayed alongside the question.
- Discussion posts are not allowed! If you don't have a question for our developers, you should not post in this thread.
- Once the "no more questions" post is made, please refrain from making additional posts and only vote for your favorite questions.
- You can vote for questions at any time while the thread is unlocked.
- A highly rated post does not mean it will be answered, but we'll do our best to answer as many questions as possible.
- Down votes don't count.
- Don't post or vote for questions you know we won't answer. We're not going to use these Q&As to announce new features, expansions, or release dates, etc. By the same token, we're not going to answer questions that touch on subjects outside of the game and its design.
- Stay on topic! We’re asking for questions regarding a specific topic, if your question isn’t on that topic it’ll probably be down-voted to obscurity by other posters, and more than likely deleted by us.
- Keep your question concise. One to three sentences should be plenty to explain background and ask a question.
- Vote for any and all questions you would like to see answered.
- All votes count. While you can't see vote #'s, we can. Even if a post is highly rated, your vote still means something to that question (potentially) being answered.
In a world where healers have the levels of INT and SPI on T12 raid gear, how will you keep thoughtful mana efficiency part of playing a healer? Or will reaction times, twich healing and raw throughput overwhelm efficiency again as they did in WotLK?
Raw healing output in PVP is ridiculous at the moment and it is only going to get worse with the increase in healing crits (exacerbated by the fact crit is already a decent stat for shamans, and tidal waves gives a significant crit boost to one of their heals).
I do not pve but it seems to me that buffs to shamans AOE heals such as chain heal and healing rain would have relatively little affect on PVP but allow a healing nerf to go through on their dirct heals.
Thanks for reading, please rate this up pvpers, and to the resto shamans who do PVE, my intent is not to nerf you, just to re-distribute your strength.
So are there any plans to spread in combat resurections to other healing classes/specs as they are best suited and most able to use it and with the fight limit it makes far less of a diffrence how many more than the limit you have.
Disc Priests have solid tank/raid cooldowns - PS & PW:B (DH toa much lesser extent)
Holy Priests have a solid tank CD and meh raid CDs - GS & Lightwell/DH
Druids have a solid raid CD - Tranq
Shamans have a solid raid CD - SLT
You said previously that lacking CDs would be a cause for balance - but is the discrepancy in power a problem? I really think Druids/Shamans could use a Tank CD and Holy Ps a much more useful raid healing CD.
As we cant get more "powerful" heals, is this how you intend to allow us druid healers (or Shaman as I believe they get more powerful heals the less health a target has through mastery) to maintain a suitable throughput on fights where tanks and raid members are taking even more damage? OR are you going to scale Int and make our spell power go through the roof and also giving us stupid amounts of mana? I would vote Mastery.
Right now, Nourish and Healing Touch can been like a band aid on a bullet wound where a tank has 220K health. ( spell power of about 7700 and mastery at 18) If it doesnt scale smoothly things could get very scary.
"I predict Chakra is going to be the reason players play Holy priests. It's going to be the kind of thing where you try out Disc for a few nights but decide you miss Chakra too much and go back. It's just not there yet."
As designers, do you think it is there yet? If not, do you have plans to make it more interesting? Remove the CD would be a start to allow HPs the ability to stance dance would be a lot more iteresting, imo
If people make arguments based on this data (admittedly, hard to interpret accurately) do you immediately brush it off as inaccurate?
I can understand that if you dont - but would be nice to play the spec in Arena succesfully at some point.