Attacker from Oslo a WoW player??

General
1 2 3 26 Next
I've seen some posts around forums on internet that says Anders Behring Breivik plays wow :o

I've tracked him down and found his character too http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=conservatism

Taken from a local news website ; "The 32-year-old man has been active in computer games and has been engaged in the online game World of Warcraft. In connection with this game, he posted a picture of a pistolløp."

RIP to all the victims.

edit: Please stop with all this "WoW is a violent video game" take in mind mass murderers always have been since day 1 till now and i don't think Gilles de Rais killed hunderds of childrens in 1400s because of WoW.

The guy probably had some problems in childhood most likely like most of these kind of murderers and because of that he has mental problems.
He has even posted on these forums..

I feel so dirty.
A criminal playing a popular game?! Well, I never!
I bet his guild member's has a lot to talk about.
Is there any solid evidence, though?
That's quite sick... that you can actually track someone down so easily like that.

inb4; the game made him kill people.
Ew!

Well, you can also see that he plays WoW on his FB profile.

He has even posted on these forums..

I feel so dirty.

Fortunately, he has only posted on the Silvermoon realm forums. So it's only the people from that realm that should feel sickened.
23/07/2011 01:09Posted by Calthric
Is there any solid evidence, though?

Who knows.. but he didn't act alone so WoW should send the chat logs to Interpol ASAP.
23/07/2011 01:09Posted by Gietertjuh
That's quite sick... that you can actually track someone down so easily like that.

He has an FB too.
Not going to link his FB but a link to the news article with it in it if anyone does want to see it: http://politicons.net/breaking-name-of-utoya-shooter-released%E2%80%A6-anders-behring-breivik%E2%80%A6-photos/
Says in VG.no (Norwegian biggest newspaper) that he played WoW, and he was easily linked to that character by name. :<
It would seem that you are right, Deezy, and that is his World of Warcraft character.

However, it has been proved that violent video games have no influence on violence in real life, so there's hopefully no danger of WoW's reputation being damaged.
Fox news is gonna be all over this stuff because WOW realtes to it
23/07/2011 01:12Posted by Jurgnar

I don't think FOX News cares about Europe though.
You know, it's likely that a very small percentage of current WoW players are criminals. Some may be terrorists.

The price of popularity, I suppose.
23/07/2011 01:13Posted by Jarrad

If fox has a chance to destroy gamers reputation. they will take it
I hope you don't mind me repeating myself, but it has been proven that video games have absolutely no influence on people's violence.

Edit: For some reason I wrote the word 'bear' in the middle of that sentence.... (/tired) now it's gone
23/07/2011 01:17Posted by Looroll
I hope you don't mind me repeating myself, but it has been proven that video games bear have absolutely no influence on people's violence.

I know. but Fox news doesn't believe that
23/07/2011 01:17Posted by Looroll
I hope you don't mind me repeating myself, but it has been proven that video games bear have absolutely no influence on people's violence.

That doesn't matter to FOX News. Nothing matters to FOX News.
23/07/2011 01:15Posted by Jurgnar

If fox has a chance to destroy gamers reputation. they will take it

The shooter was apparently a conservative nationalist. And I doubt they'd wanna set conservatives in a bad light.
Has Fox News even reported on this yet? When I have stayed in America, nothing happened here in Europe so I don't know if things like this interest the Americans.