Bought winged lion + 4 blizzard store pets for 30k gold

Customer Support
I bought these items yesterday from a dude selling it on trade chat. To make it a safe trade I told him I want to code first or no deal, and he said fine. I redeem the code, get the mount and the pets, and I pay him the 30,000g.

When I logg in today, all the 4 pets + the winged lion mount are gone??

WHAT IN THE <snip> has happend???

Does anyone know wtf is going on and how do I get my mount/pets or gold back??!?!

Edited for language content.
Items prolly purchased on a stolen credit card, hence why they were so cheap.

If something seems to good to be true, it usually is. Better luck next time old bean.
Policy Spotlight - "Scams” that break the Terms of Use
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900711104#7
“Scams” that break the Terms of Use

Pet and mount codes from the Online Store
    This one carries the same warnings as for game-time cards, except that there is also the additional chance that, even if your (illegally) purchased code appears to work, the player ‘selling’ you his code will then cancel his payment, chargeback the codes, and you will then be left with nothing to show for your in-game gold.

Please Note: By taking part in any of the above schemes, you yourself are also breaking the Terms of Use.

This means that, while we will always continue to take the appropriate action against any player reported for carrying out these types of scam, we do not guarantee any kind of restoration of any gold or items lost as a result.
I am afraid both Psalm and Gontier are correct. These codes offered in trade are most often purchased using stolen card details, so when the fraud is discovered, the payment is revoked and so are your mounts. I am also afraid to say that the GM team will not be able to assist you with recovering your gold as the purchase of these mounts other than via the official channels is against the terms of use and is therefore deemed an unsupported transaction.

Sorry.
you NEVER buy winged lion any other pet from somebody on trade. These mounts and pets are sold by Blizzard via their on-line store.
Really appreciate your quick respond guys what but the hell am I supposed to do? Im not just going to sit here with 30,000g less because of a scam that blizz cant restore, its not like it takes 5 months to restore 30,000g.

29/08/2011 20:56Posted by Shammoz
am afraid bot Psalm and Gontier are correct.

Did I read that right? Are you accussing Psalm and Gontier of being bots?
29/08/2011 20:59Posted by Danijal
Really appreciate your quick respond guys what but the hell am I supposed to do? Im not just going to sit here with 30,000g less because of a scam that blizz cant restore, its not like it takes 5 months to restore 30,000g.

Yep. You did something against eula. Be glad you were not banned.

And Holstein, he forgot the letter "h" you nitpicker ;-) Both, both.
Really appreciate your quick respond guys what but the hell am I supposed to do?

I am afraid the only thing you can do is learn from this experience. I know it's harsh that you have lost 30K gold, but sadly this type of transaction is not permitted by Blizzard and as such, they will not return your gold.
29/08/2011 20:59Posted by Holstein
am afraid bot Psalm and Gontier are correct.

Did I read that right? Are you accussing Psalm and Gontier of being bots?

Nothing to see here, move along :)

#ShammozTypingFail

*Your minds have been wiped of all knowledge of this error, please proceed to the next available thread*

^^

you messed up and fell for a rather obvious scam, don't fault Blizzard. As someone above said, just be glad you weren't banned.
It's amazing how some people are so sad that they would risk imprisonment for using anothers' credit card for the sake of 30k WoW gold...
Why would you pay out the 30k gold if you already had the mounts and pets? It was a trade that was against the rules in the first place so it's not like the seller could have done anything when you got them.
*Walks up to the nearest wall*

*Bashes his head against it*
29/08/2011 21:05Posted by Alonso
It's amazing how some people are so sad that they would risk imprisonment for using anothers' credit card for the sake of 30k WoW gold...

They are chinese mafias usually. It's not "for the sake of 30k WoW gold", it's for hundreds of thousands of wow gold which turns into thousands of real life moneys. It's huge business and abuse of inmates (for example) in China.

And they get nothing for it. Chinese laws are what they are, and policemen are pribeable.
You bought it off a goldseller, be thankfull 30k is all you've lost and move on.
Goldsellers? Chinese 'mafia'?

No, he was probably just some normal guy who figured out the way to 'pay' for services through direct debit with false information. The payment never takes place, and every service you used will be nullified shortly, but for a short while you can get the code and use it.

Was all the rage a while ago.
Well, there could be a number of reasons as to why this happened:

1) You were selling gold

2) You were selling gold

3) You were selling gold

You see what I'm trying to get at...?

And, in case you don't understand how you were selling gold:

- The seller of the pets had to buy them with REAL MONEY.

- You then take his pets and give him gold

- Therefore you are selling your gold for his pets, which cost real money so it counts as money, so you are selling gold for real money.

You get it?
I believe in the new terms of use, this kind of thing was mentioned.

Taking 30 seconds to read it instead of pressing accept straight away, would have saved you the 30k.
Goldsellers? Chinese 'mafia'?

No, he was probably just some normal guy who figured out the way to 'pay' for services through direct debit with false information. The payment never takes place, and every service you used will be nullified shortly, but for a short while you can get the code and use it.

Was all the rage a while ago.

Nope, it is the goldsellers who these days get more money via scamming and account theft, then by farming. This is yet another example of their handiwork.

Basicly, they steal an account and use a higher level character to promote the sale of these mounts and account time cards etc.
They get these codes by using the credit card info from either the same person they stole the account from in the first place, or from another random person.

Issue is as the OP found out, that credit cards gets blocked, and the payments revoked with it. And because of that, any items bought will be concidered "stolen" and with it their original owners will want them back. In the case of in-game stuff, the codes get nullified and when used, they get cleaned from the accounts.

PS NEVER EVER buy stuff with gold that can be bought legally with real money. It is a scam and is always done to sell your gold to a goldbuyer. You will be an un-willing victem of money laundring. And this can also, when unlucky, be a reason to get your account suspended for investigation or -in a worse case scenario- comepletely closed.