Now Looks are decoupled from Stats ... (Holy Plate)

General
Earlier I made a suggestion how one could possibly get Int plate off of loot tables and unify it with the more common Str plate gear. The basic idea was to add some sort of conversion (bad pun intended, but for foreign languages I'd prefer the religious meaning) to the holy paladin tree (as a passive, always on ability) that would turn Str on plate into Int, and hit rating into Spirit.

I don't want to go into more detail here, nor do I want to retell the debate on why anybody would or would not want to remove the one type of gear that is useful to one single talent spec only.

Instead I wanted to highlight another aspect that the technological underpinnings of Transmogrification are bringing to the table. If one were to handle the holy plate issue as described above, it would then also be possible to convert the look of the items from "combat" to "healing". In other words, the visual design of the game could still retain a clear distinction between holy paladins and other plate wearing classes/specs.
Not too far-fetched. Protection and retribution paladins have a passive talent which converts a percentage of their strength into spell power for ability coefficient purposes.

Healing with strength gear would just feel wrong, though.
Not too far-fetched. Protection and retribution paladins have a passive talent which converts a percentage of their strength into spell power for ability coefficient purposes.

Healing with strength gear would just feel wrong, though.

Yeah, well. In Wotlk I used mainly STR, while being Unholy and doing boatloads of spelldamage(O how I miss Wotlk UH)

Op makes a good suggestion.
Currently a grand total of 1 spec in the game wants this type of gear.