Class Feedback: Hunter

Hunter
1 2 3 40 Next
We’re looking for feedback on your class as we work on changes and adjustments for a future game update. While we may be making some specific class changes in 4.3, what we’re looking for in this thread is overall feeling on the class as a whole for more long term changes in the future.

Here is the kind of feedback that is NOT helpful in this particular thread:

• Concerns that your current damage, healing or tanking is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that can change from patch to patch, and so it isn’t as useful for long term vision changes.

• Concerns that your feedback is being ignored or that we don’t take these kind of posts seriously, or otherwise posting anything that is off-topic or not in the spirit of this thread’s intent.

• Requests for responses to your suggestions or feedback. The purpose of this thread is to get information to us, not the reverse.

We hope you take these threads seriously, as we’re going to be reading them very carefully. We ask that you take time to think and formulate a useful and objective reply, as this feedback could be used to alter your class in substantial ways.

We won’t be replying here addressing your concerns. This is purely for us to read your answers to the below questions.

Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• What spells do you use the least?
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE
# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids
# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Didn't pick PvP but Rated BG's
# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Minimum range, fights such as ryolith and baleroc require some adaptation, it also hinders us in PvP a great deal
# What makes playing your class more fun?
New pets every now and then, fairly simple rotation, the fact that every raid needs a hunter
# What makes playing your class less fun?
The minimum range, the fact BM hunters get the good looking pets, focus in pvp is flawed, PvE and PvP set bonuses have no impact on playing, bad looking tier sets
# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
All 3 specs have a very simple rotation for me currently, its easy to figure out and i dont have too many buttons
# What’s on your wish list for your class?
To actually have a good looking tier set for t13, reduce the casting time or up the damage of steady shot, exotic pets available for all specs (MM hunters dont get a seperate class of ranged weapons, why should BM get more pets)
# What spells do you use the least?
Widow's Venom (i think, ive forgotten the name i use it that little), scare beast, eagle eye and immolation trap, over the CD explosive trap does more singletarget damage.
After 5-6 years of playing Hunter:

Remove the minimum range, its the most annoying part of this class and have always been. You can put me in cloth for all I care, just get rid of this annoying thing.

This is for both PvP and PvE, the funny thing is you randomly remove the minimum range on some bosses in PvE, and others you make a HUGE one and there is no logic behind it.

Sometimes you wonder if you guys actually play/think about the hunter at all when designing the encounters.

Lets take an example. Baleroc you need to be 5y away from his huge hitbox this way its just plain stupid to have hunter on crystal duty, because if the crystal is in melee you can't dps. Yes, the boss can be moved but I'm sure the tank have enough to think about as it is.

On Ragnaros you cant group up with the other people when you need to AoE the adds, you have to step back to not get owned by the minimum range. You really have to be VERY carefull where you stand to not be out of range of group heals, at the same time if you just miss it by 1 yard you dps goes rock bottom, because you cant do any multishots.

Its exactly the same on Occulu or what his name is in BH, as a hunter you need to be AWAY from the group when its time to AoE to not get owned by minimum range. And tell me again how popular this makes you when the add on your !@# blows up because noone could AoE it down.

I have learned to live with all this, but its very annoying and with proper skill you can still do the AoE but its just stupid to see the other 9 classes just stand there and bomb away with no effort.

-------------

List of bosses in Cataclysm that cause Minimum Range issues (Amazing this even made it past your Q&A):

Occu'thar - Massive problem when grouping to AoE
Magmaw - have to be MILES away from the boss, especially in exposed phase
Atramedes - Have to stand behind your group to be far enough away, also forcing you to have to run further around him when his beam follow you
Lord Rhyolith - Have to be far enough away from adds to AoE, if one runs to you before tank grabs it your dps is nullified
Shannox - If a dog is smashing your face, you have 0 dps (normal mode where you kill dogs)
Baleroc - You can't be on Crystal duty, because they often spawn in melee
Ragnaros - Cant AoE adds properly, unless stepping outside your group. Have to stand on akward positions on the adds that move towards hammer, cause if one gets in your melee range you dps is 0

This was just the list for Cataclysm RAIDS, im sure there is just as many terrible cases for dungeons. And this is ONLY Cataclysm. It have always been a huge problem in the other expansions. Seriously recruit some Q&A hunters to assure this kind of stuff does NOT happen.

-------------------

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
All

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
All

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Remove Minimum Range

What makes playing your class more fun?
Ability to solo stuff

What makes playing your class less fun?
Minimum Range, Terrible clunky PvP Crowdcontrol (seriously, you have to scatter+traplaunch+cast trap) that is 3 actions to do one proper CC. Most other classes just target and cast their CC.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Decent for PvE (as MM), terrible for Arena PvP due to low focus regen when people go LoS.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Remove minimum range, a way to clear dots (redesign Camouflage maybe), better basic crowd control for PvP.

What spells do you use the least?
Raptor Strike, Immolation Trap (never ever use it)
PVP

Arenas, Bgs, and Rated Bgs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Our inability do do anything in 3v3s arena when being tunneled by certain comps. ( zero damage output) mainly to do with the minimum range that we have, it really does mess up or viability

The Awesome armor designs on the PVP set

Our RNG CC, which can end up going wrong for many different reasons ( bad scatter pathing, random cooldown triggers on trap launcher, enemies running over traps and it does nothing)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

N/A

A cc which isn't so ridiculous to set up ( Not having to use one skill, to use another skill (Scatter/trap)

a mage can kite just as well, has way more damage output, yet polymorph is such a powerful cc compared to ours

A redesign on camouflage ( maybe something that can remove dots?)

Immolation trap. Eagle eye. Distracting shot

Both.

Dungeons, Raids & Heroic Raids.

All of them.

It's probably minimum range requirements, big boss hit boxes and the fact that all specs besides marksmanship lack the amount of utility that spec can give. I mean, the silence shot should be a universal shot, however, marksmanship could like spec into an improved one for example... Or the fact that our pets should get a stun similar to intimidation, I'm referring to pets like a bull, you know the logical pets.

Well I don't really know exactly, It's weird, I play this character for so long and I still don't really know why I like playing it so much. Probably it's because hunters are quite versatile in combat, we can do a lot of damage, bring utility, and all that stuff.

Our survivability in pvp, I really think hunters need a bit more healing options, rogues have it, so I'm not sure why we are stuck with that crappy BM healing TP (spirit bond) with 2% hp per 10sec, while rogues have like double.

Maybe rogue healing needs a nerf? or we need a buff? I'm not sure, but I don't see why a rogue can have those dodge cds, improved healing and high and fast damage strikes, compared to hunters, where as our biggest shots are mostly casts, which gives a lot of room for enemies to get us down.

I generally don't really cry for healing boosts to non healing classes, but our heals are so retardedly inefficient because a melee strike or dot will easily absorb that amount of healing even before you receive it.

My rotation works pretty well, no idle time, max pewpew.

More survivability, completely new pets, more vintage pets .

Pretty much use any spell.

------ Old post :

Remove the minimum range for sure. Pretty much any other ranged class can hit the target while standing an inch away, we actually need to stand quite a bit away (on certain bosses).

I do realize that hitting someone with a bow from very close, irl perspective would be impossible, as I'm prepared for that answer, wow isn't real life, so it shouldn't take real life aspects in perspective.

Buff pet damage. A water elemental, warlock pet, and all those pets hit harder than hunter pets, while we are actually the real pet-owner class and all the rest are wannabe's.

Buff survival mastery. I tried very high mastery builds with lower haste and higher haste builds with lower mastery. Mastery always loses. So it needs a buff.
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Pet bugs - pet focus, when they attack, Rabid etc. Personally I'd also like to see Tranq Shot and Silencing Shot treated the same way as KC and Auto Shot in regard to MM's ISS's mechanic (ie. you can perform Stdy Shot---Tranq Shot---Stdy Shot and still gain / refresh the ISS effect) My pet talents being seemingly erased at random whenever I'm respeccing.

What makes playing your class more fun? T12 bonus - I think is adds a much needed extra layer of decision-making for the MM spec. Aspect of the Fox also makes heavy periods of movements much easier to negotiate. The removal of periods of fights where, due to fight requirements, hunters effectively became useless for a period of time (eg. stacking for Valkyr's vs. stacking for Feud or Flame Scythe for example).

What makes playing your class less fun? LnL mechanic for SV - it seems very unrefined. BA is still a very weak 31pt talent for SV. Kill Command is equally unrefined from a BM perspective. The reduction in the skill cap (auto-shots now firing whilst moving, and yes I know I'm about to contradict myself, Aspect of the Fox also reduces the skill cap for PvE - but I do think its essential for PvP). Varying sizes of boss/mob hit boxes. I don't mind the minimum range too much, but I would love some consistency in how boss hit boxes work.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I think the rotations are fairly simple to grasp, but consquently I do think that mastering (not saying I have!) them does require a reasonably high skill cap. MM for my money is the most decision-making intensive spec and is the spec that will punish a player the most for making bad decisions. I'd like that philosophy to be extended to SV and BM. I NOT saying SV and BM are faceroll, but that an extra layer of decision making for each would be an improvement.

What’s on your wish list for your class? True parity in terms of damage output for each spec. Fix Kill Command. A more attractive, "punchy" 31pt SV talent. BA as it is just doesn't stand comparison with either Chimera Shot or an extra 4 pet talents. An in-game item named after Zeherah!! ;p A PvE raiding gun for our dwarf brethren, too! Something in the SV tree to actually warrant it being called the "Survival" tree!

What spells do you use the least? Eagle Eye. Widow Venom. Immolation Trap.
PvE

Raids

-

As a hunter you've the choice from 3 very fun specs. Marksmanship is dps wise the best (although this has come really close in 4.2), but it also has one really important thing: an interrupt. This forces hunters to play marskmanship on some fights while they find survival way more fun (like me). So my biggest issue is having an interrupt (and yes I do know that survival gets another CC, but can you give me one raid encounter which actually needs CC)

"Rotation"-wise it is superb, you are always doing something, as a retri (which I suck in) I always have a moment i'm doing nothing, but as a hunter you can always use one ability (use focus or regen it). Pets are also fun to have although survival and marksmanship do not much with it. Having a physical and a dot play style to choose from is also really nice.

Lock and Load is a pretty fun mechanic, but it could use some work, if possible I'd like to have the "free arcane shot"-part removed for more dps, but then again having to change your rotation a bit is pretty fun too.

The interrupt ;), the pet (its a pain sometimes as you have to controll it in some fights (for example shannox, where it needs to be on shannox all the time). Also, minimum range like it is now. For some attacks: sure, but for things like Multi-shot its damn annoying. I always get rage on me if I need to stand outside the group during Occuthar and if I need to place a Freezing trap (the AoE slow down one) to slow down the adds at Ragnaros to give me more time AoEing them as I have to stack up during that part and can rarely AoE at that moment.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, very fun, like I said there is always something to do and there is never a moment you need to wait for the CD of the next attack.

-Interrupt for survival. Scatter shot is a not very much used shot that already has a kinda interupt function (on chance on normal mobs). This could be reworked to have a longer range and to do actually interrupt a boss.
-Maybe making Black Arrow do more damage, but with a bigger CD so you can really feel the impact of it (although I think this cant be done due to pvp)
-No more minimum range for: Multi-shot, interrupt and

Hard question, what I do use:
-Arcane Shot
-Serpent Sting
-Explosive Shot
-Cobra Shot
-Black Arrow
-Traps (Pretty much use all of them)
-Rapid Fire
-Kill shot
-Misdirect (although it takes way too much effort to first click that and then the tank in the raid frame)
-Tranquilizing shot
-Multi Shot (with serpent spread), but only if I dont have to stack up as at that moment I cant use it anymore.

What I kinda use:
-Raptor Strike (with glyph), only used on Majordomo scorpion form.

What I really dont use, but want to use:
-Scatter Shot
-Immolation trap (read note at bottom)

A small note on immolation trap:
Immolation trap is not broken in essence you could use it on close fights with large hitboxes like on Majordomo in scorp, but it shares a CD with Black Arrow, which is way more powerful. So if it didnt share a CD, I would use it at some fights (Majordomo, Beth p2, Rhyolith p2), but at the moment it is an useless ability.
-Both

-Raids

-Arenas mainly, following with BGs.

- No longer needing ammo because I used to not be able to gain gold over having to restock on ammo.

-All the choices we have. From relying entirely on yourself to requiring your pet from specs, and the uniqueness of the class. The difference in playstyle on a Hunter in comparison to other specs is also fun, instead of relying on self heals.

-The Dead Zone. On some fights where you can stack for a tactic or for a specefic phase(Magmaw before it got changed), made playing a Hunter very frustrating. It can also be annoying in PVP because Casters can cast in Melee, but Hunters can shoot instantly with bows/guns, which would be able to be done in Melee range.

-I feel like my rotation is fine. Between the three specs, there's room to improve your rotation for maximum DPS, or if you slip up, your DPS can be punished. I get a good feeling when I can do good DPS with my rotation, and when I can improve with a better rotation. Also makes me think a lot about my rotation to do better DPS if I slack on DPS.

-Dead Zone removed.
-Pets to be a bit more of a necessity for MM and Survival since we're Masters of Beasts. -Possibly a minor self heal so PVP situations can change (Like a self heal ability that shares CD with Disengage, to make that CD be helpfull in ranged combat fights).
-A reliable interrupt for all specs.
-A new Aspect that combines Aspect of the Fox and Aspect of the Hawk.

-Track Beasts, Snake Trap, Immolation Trap, Widow Venom, CounterAttack(In the Survival tree, completly useless), Eagle Eye, Aspect of the Wild, Aspect of the Pack/Cheetah, Feed Pet.

Just a tiny addition
Our damage in PVE is perfectly fine IMO.

PvE.

Raids.

I sometimes do a few unrated battlegrounds, maybe arena if I get pestered about it.

The minimum range is probably the biggest. While I think it should probably remain in PvP as it could cause balance issues, it doesn't serve much of a purpose in PvE anymore I feel.

As a matter of fact, the minimum range has actually been removed on some bosses, such as Nefarian and Majordomo Staghelm. Yet this is only for some bosses, not all, and it causes issues on some bosses such as Shannox, Lord Rhyolith and Baleroc to name a few.

Not quite as bad, but Trap Launcher can feel quite clunky, and reliant on macros. (and the macro I use for it has a habit of "breaking" since 4.1, I think it was)

Finally, Silencing Shot ruins Improved Steady Shot, which can be mildy annoying, though thankfully only one fight in the current tier needs interrupts. (Alysrazor)

The pet taming aspect of the class can be quite fun, giving you a unique activity to do.

Clunkiness of Trap Launcher, and while I do not PvP much and thus this sort of thing is best left to those who actually do PvP, I find Arenas quite obnoxious to play in. (Pillars + minimum range)

No complaints apart from Silencing Shot ruining Improved Steady Shot as mentioned earlier.

Improvements to Trap Launcher, (make it a toggle maybe?) removal of minimum range for PvE.

Widow Venom and Immolation Trap. Last time I checked Explosive Trap (the AoE damage one) did more damage to a single target than Immolation Trap.
I rerolled after cata but hoping for change
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both

PVP

Bgs Arena( if i find anyone to play with)

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Focus starvation

pet and traps and physical range class

FOCUS

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I dont like it

Complete remake of MM tree and survival. Buff dmg to explosive shot and dispell protection on black arrow ( something like proccing lnl) remove counter attack .

Uhm immolation trap?
A little of both

mostly heroics with the weekly Baradin hold and old dungeouns for transmogrification

Random BGs for fun

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Cast time increasing effects in PvP making steady shot have a very long cast

I really like classes that use bows/guns generally in games

Cast time increasing effects

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
It is fine tho I wouldn't mind if it would be slightly more challenging

Steady shot not affected by cast time increasing effects and some really cool looking Bows.

widow venom, immolation trap, raptor strike and moongose bite

PVP
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BG0s]
Arena/RBG/Battlegrounds

Deadzone removed for PvE and PVP reasons.
Aspect of the Hawk and Aspect of the Fox should be combined.

Kiting (except ferals), pet's, crowd control and I love that it's unique.

Getting focused in arena 90% of times. Not being able to put out that much damage when cooldowns are down (much like retribution paladins.).
Pet bugging out.
Deterrence not removing/immune to DoT's.
Having to steady shot to regain focus which is slow as a snail.
Our 4-piece set bonus being totally worthless, 5%? Cmon..
Disengage bugging out when you do it and the same time getting rooted it doesn't push you back, you just stand there rooted and disengage is on cooldown.
Pet starting with 6k health when you summon it, can easily be oneshotted.
Glyph of Kill Shot bugging out, say I kill shot a paladin and then I try to do it again and it says its on cooldown.
Flare dissapearing if it hasn't landed and you go line of sight of it.
Deadly poison from snake trap.
Feign Death not removing target (50% of times).
Freezing Trap and Ice Trap being on the same cooldown.
10 second pet ressurection which is interruptable.. Cmon.
Having to waste scatter shot to freezing trap a target.
The slow traps. (People can just run over your traps sometimes without them even triggering.)
The trap radius. (People can just walk by your trap without it triggering.)

(Yeah that's alot of thing's and that's why this game is making me so frustrated, there is probably more things that I've forgotten. The hunter class is so broken.)

Having to steady shot to regain focus can be a pain in the bum, it's just too much steady shotting and

Freezing Trap and Ice Trap not sharing cooldown.
Snake Trap snakes doesn't spit deadly poison.
Deterrence making you immune/removing dots.
Deadzone completely removed.
Glyph of Kill Shot should increase the damage by Kill Shot by 25-50%
PVP 4-set bonus increases your focus regeneration by 15-25%
Reduced pet ressurection to 5 seconds.
Make traps more responsive.
Increase the traps range.

Eye of the Eagle
Snake Trap

Hunter is quite an annoying class to play in PVP at the moment, we are not wanted in arenas nor rated battlegrounds. All we bring is traps and some damage. (You should really read Braindeadly's post.)
Both

Only did heroics to gear up for raids

Mostly Arenas and Rated BGs, but random BGs too.

The whole pet system. when pet dies it takes TEN seconds to cast the ress. and if it dies we can't just call for a new one, we have to ress that last one first.. I mean... what? and why does the pet abillties have to be on the PET actionbar? it would be much more convinient if we just got to put them wherever we wanted. there's also awhole lot of bugs that has come after cataclysm. and also in the newer patches that made the pet uncontrollable unless you resummon.

Disengage is awesome, all the different pet special abillties are awesome, ice trap is awsome, readiness is awesomesomesome, deterence reflect is awesomesome make it baseline! pre-cata beatial wrath was awesome, bring it back!

we have so many abillities but so few of them are cool. take a mage for example. he has all the rooting, blink, ring of frost, deep freeze, ice lance (awesome dmging abillity that has to be put some effort into to be efficient. all of those abillties feel awesome, but hunters just dont have that feeling to their abillities.
when I deathgrip someone on my dk it feels AWESOME, some with hungering cold and strangulate. but when I freezing trap the healer... "hope I don't have any DoTs on him, o crap my feral partner has bleeds on ofc... crap" aww man the dk howlingblasted a yard to close... crap" "oh the shaman can just dispell that trap that I had to scattershot (a 20sec cd), traplaunch (10/20 focus), aim, traveltime, land, activate, to get off... great).

and in PvP haveing t cast so much when you constatly have meele up in your face eating you up is just so much hard work and sometimes close to impossible (I actually feel like an abillity like icebound fortitude would be a great addition to the hunter toolkit)

the minimum range...

I just want the class to feel more awesome when I click a button rather than just another abillity.

As a hunter I feel like I should be a "ranged meele"(physical dmg dealer from range) and so I want to feel like a meele, but instead we're probably the class in the game that hast to use cast time the most! I want my instant shots back and remove aspect of the fox, that's just a bandaid on awefull design.

pre cata beastial wrath
more dps cds for surv
make reflecting detterance baseline
make scatter a stun
make remove traplauncher and make traps targeted with the option to lay down on feet
disengage with speedboost baseline
more roots, less slows

Imolation trap. it's even worse than explotion trap on single target. make this trap into something interesting and just meld it with explosive trap.
widow venom. why this isnt built into an attack like all the other classes get just blows my mind... and it cost focus?!?! what the hell
snake trap. the snakes has a poison that brakes freezing trap... I mean... what?!
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Raids

The wish that certain pets that require BM to use can be usable in MM or Surv
Give tanking pets the agro increase like Warrior tanks and so on

Having a pet fighting with me

Close quarters combat grrrrr

Perfect not to hard not to easy

Duel Pistols
Volley spell back
A 100% working interupt in MM
Usable Exotic beasts in MM and Surv
A combat res example: Instead of a soul stone how about, "Life Accorn"
For the last two raid expansions there has been no end content gun.... why ?
Give raid bosses 1 of each Gun, Bow and Crossbow, and let the player decide what is best used ? I mean when i was a dwarf, i would always try to make use of the Gun Specialisation but there were no guns in end content :(
I really miss the quiver, when ammo was taken out (good move) we lost our quiver :( I would LOVE to be able to have my bow/crossbow/gun on my back with either a quiver next to it or a sack for bullets just for show, and have the option to hide my polearm its nasty XD

Tranq shot as majority of raid bosses that enrage are not affected by it.
Snake trap, the dmg is to low and it break ice trap
What type of content do you focus on?

PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP?

All

Almost all classes/comps are able to completely shut down a hunters focus regen/dmg by all the +20% cast time debuffs...we are the only class that has such a devastating resource/dmg problem in any PvP environment.

I like the fact that we have to cast a lot as a physical DPS class.

I don't like the fact that the cast time is almost not worth the low dmg in PvP, and it gets even worse with the already mentioned unavoidable/undispellabe +20% cast time debuffs.

~3k dmg steady shot with a ~3sek (debuff) cast time to regen our focus is simply not acceptable and it is the main reason why hunter representation is so low in arena, our active resource-regen gets completely crippled all the time.

Also we lost almost all our tools/utilities from Wotlk... (ms, disarm, range etc)

I really like our marksman rotation.

The PvP-set bonus should give us a 10-20% faster steady/cobra shot instead of 5% focus regen. Or anything else to somehow protect us from those dreaded +cast time debuffs.

Silence Shot should have a 40yd range again.

Make the Dazzled Prey glyph effect baseline.

Give us back our disarm and/or Scorpid Sting, so we can actually peel our mates in arena and BGs.

Remove Widow Venom, our MS-effect should be applied passively via Serpent Sting, or at least drastically reduce the cost of Widow Venom.

Master Marksman Talent should be more reliable and less RNG.

Remove Rapid Killing, Go for the Throat and Sic' em Talents and replace them with something useful.

Resistance is Futile should be much more reliable and less klunky, it should just be a free Kill Command (even with 0 focus) and it shouldn't matter if the target is still marked when the effect has already been triggered.

Snake Trap should not longer apply Deady Poison that will break/prevent a Freezing Trap and/or similar CC.

Counterattack should work similar to Warriors Hamstring Talent with our Wing Clip, get rid of all this unreliable RNG.

Make Camouflage useful lol...

Widow Venom, Kill Command (marksman), Immolation Trap
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] All

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BGs, some Rated BGs but not a whole lot of it.

Minimum range needs to go. It is a mechanic that really really bothers me, and having a limitation like it feels very wrong.

The versatility in a raid setting is one of the things I really like about hunters. I like the overall feel of the class a lot, and it's the only class in game that I really "get along with" when I play it.

As mentioned earlier, the minimum range really grinds my gears, and it's one of the things I really dislike about hunters.

I like it quite well but it can be a bit hectic, however being mostly MM I really don't like the whole hardcasting-of-Aimed-shot playstyle. It feels clunky and unexciting.

The removal of minimum range and preferably a better survivability cooldown than deterrence. Oh and I hope our T13 set is as cool as the T12 set.
The Imp Steady Shot buff should also be a couple of seconds longer, and the Bombardment buff is also a second shorter than it really should be.

Immolation Trap, Snake Trap and widow's venom.
Currently PVE, Both in the past

Raids, Heroics, a bit of Soloing

Arenas

Some Mechanics are still clunky. Trap-launcher doesn't work sometimes also it gets really bad when you use it in combination with macros. I had a Trap-launcher Freezing Trap macro in the past, when I accidentally pushed Trap-Launcher before using the macro exactly nothing would happen and I had to cancel the Launcher buff manually.
I'd like to have a mouse over Multi-Shot macro...it doesn't work.

Great diversity due to the new pet system. Focus (at least in PVE) and most importantly 1sec GCDs. Also MD Glyph is great.

The new CC system kind of kills the effort and fun a hunter can put into ccing enemies.
Freezing Arrow made it easy, however you still had to be somewhat skilled...but nowadays a boss stands there wondering whats going on while his adds are cced?!

Arenas... mm/sv damage and survivability are a joke versus any decent team. Bgs are somewhat worse too. You do quite good damage with a full focus bar..after that it feels extremely painful to get that focus back, since you don't really have haste on your gear and there are more gap-closers than ever.

PVE wise I really like all three of them. MM is clearly the most challenging one and yields the most benefits. however all three, even MM, are quite forgiving and still wield acceptable results if you do some mistakes.
PVP I still like it on paper however it's just too challenging to do competitive damage compared to other classes. I mean forget about anything else and just keep an eye on the double turn which you have to do on every jumpshot to pull of SS/CS which doesn't do really damage and still has a huge chance of failure due to los / gapclosers.

Something a hunter can do when being trained by people and stuck in melee range.
I don't know if theres a simple solution since its still quite easy to kite bad players, besides ferals. In fact the whole PvP situation is kind of strange. I managed several times to get above 2.2k with several classes and when I remember right I managed it with my hunter from s6 to s10. however even back in wotlk it still felt frustrating to be a hunter in arenas, and it almost always felt like I was being carried whereas I didn't have that impression with my other toons ever.

Revive Pet takes forever and you need focus at the start of the summon...I don't like that.

I honestly can say I never used Counterattack. I skilled it once, however it didn't proc in 3 games so I changed my spec again.
Besides that Immolation Trap (although it had some use in the past) and Widow Venom.
The only reason I use Camouflage is for soloing or because it looks cool.
Everything else I use quite frequently or at least in specific situations.
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both, but more on PvE than PvP.

Raids.

I try to focus on all aspects, but Arena and Rated Battlegrounds have been harder to get into lately.

Lacking ammo to an extent, I liked the idea of having arrows that did more damage than others.
Quivers are no longer displayed on our backs, even if we own one. I myself own the Ancient Sinew Wrapped Lamina and miss seeing that.
Deterrance not being usable whilst carrying the flag in battlegrounds. Can be deemd OP, but hunters can be a tad squishy.
Pets summoned at 6-7k health and being insta killed. (Not sure if that counts as "quality-of-life")

Being competitive in PvE and maintaining utility in PvP.
Snake trap having a use in PvP in conjunction the right talents for 4 second roots.
Being able to kite melee over a long period of time and kill them with the right set of cooldowns.
Glyph of Raptor Strike for PvP!

Being destroyed by current overpowered classes in PvP.
Having a low damage output, this isn’t currently an issue. That or playing survival, hate the specc.
Minimun ranges, but if we didn't have that, we'd be the most powerful class in the game ^^

I currently enjoy the hunter rotation and find myself having no issues with it.

New types of ammo, which are not a consumable. For example a fire arrow that causes your arrows to be bathed in flame and deal x damage. This would replace the old ammo that we had and work more like a Relic.
Also, I’d like to see hunters given the option to display their ranged weapon on their back, separate to their melee weapons, or at the same time. Seen as they are our most prestigious items and we can’t run around with them on our back, like casters with staves and melee with weapons.
Duel weilding pistols. I know it always comes up, but would be rather cool to have from a survival perspective of the class. They don't even have to be two one-handed ranged weapons, bosses could drop a pair of pistols. (I understand animating every class for pistols could be very time consuming)
An option to scrap the hunter pet as a Marksman, I think this would fit the class and would be interesting to see a ranger/archer type rather than a beastmaster that we have now, across all three speccs.

Immolation trap is about it, it's a pretty useless ability considering the damage of explosive trap.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
-Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
-Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
-Battlegrounds

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-The minimum range for hunters is the worst thing
-Only having an interrupt as MM is extremly annoying for people who enjoy playing BM or Survival
-That traplauncher turns autoshot off

■What makes playing your class more fun?
-The diffrence in playstyle compared to other dps classes.
-Taming our own pets is a great aspect aswell.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
-When playing as BM the pet needs to be close to the boss to perform Kill Command, if the pet isnt close enough (some pushback effect or whoknows) the hunters rotation is screwed.
-The Deadzone

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-The rotations for all specs are great except for the Kill Command issues as BM.
-There is always something to do as a hunter, always a button to click, a shot to fire.
The Improved Steady Shot and LnL are nice parts of the rotation.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
-Remove Glyph of Kill Shot and buff Kill Shot so we dont need to use 1 glyph slot for that one at all time as all specs.
-Removing the Deadzone, at least for PvE.
-The ability to tame pets while having 5 with you already. Its annoying when you run into a rare in Molten Front and have to abandon a pet to tame it.
This might be a minor problem and people might argue that I can just leave my pets in the stable master, but I'm usually queuing for heroics while doing dailies/achivements/etc and I prefer to have all my pets with me to be able to have the buffs I'm in need of.
-Making camouflage usefull for PvE somehow, like adding a buff that slighty increases dmg/attackspeed or whatever in a short amount of time after attacking while being in Camouflage

■What spells do you use the least?
-Camouflage
-Immolation Trap
-Widow Venom
-Feed pet
-Aspect of the Wild
-Counterattack
-Eagle Eye
Both
Other
BGs
Deterrence
Remove range limit.
Nerfing survivability
Fine
Steady aim buffed
Raptor strike