Class Feedback: Priest

Priest
1 2 3 33 Next
We’re looking for feedback on your class as we work on changes and adjustments for a future game update. While we may be making some specific class changes in 4.3, what we’re looking for in this thread is overall feeling on the class as a whole for more long term changes in the future.

Here is the kind of feedback that is NOT helpful in this particular thread:

• Concerns that your current damage, healing or tanking is not competitive. While this kind of feedback is often useful, it also is the kind of thing that can change from patch to patch, and so it isn’t as useful for long term vision changes.

• Concerns that your feedback is being ignored or that we don’t take these kind of posts seriously, or otherwise posting anything that is off-topic or not in the spirit of this thread’s intent.

• Requests for responses to your suggestions or feedback. The purpose of this thread is to get information to us, not the reverse.

We hope you take these threads seriously, as we’re going to be reading them very carefully. We ask that you take time to think and formulate a useful and objective reply, as this feedback could be used to alter your class in substantial ways.

We won’t be replying here addressing your concerns. This is purely for us to read your answers to the below questions.

Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• What spells do you use the least?
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
-

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Shadow Orbs

What makes playing your class more fun?
a bit higher orb procc chance, especially in the first 30sec.

What makes playing your class less fun?
-

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
fine!

What’s on your wish list for your class?
nothing beside the orb procc chance

What spells do you use the least?
-
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
heroic raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
arena,bgs,rbgs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
smth to proc orb at fight start cause if it doesnt proc within trinket and torrent and stuff it is meh

the burst of mindblast and the multidoting

the inability to move out of melee focus

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
rotation is realy good and skill based in pve
in pvp the mindspikex3 blast death is kinda binary i guess u could throw a switch or two

mind flay while moving
some type of blink or tp like i have this idea of a spell that will swap urself with ur shadowfiend

hmm mind soothe
Both

Raids

Arenas and Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
SWD spamming in PvP for mana

in PvP: 3Orb+Archangle Mindblasts and Mind Control!
in PvE: Our Rotation. It's kinda complicated but it has a nice 'overall feeling'.

in PvP: Lack of Mobility when trained by Melees, lack of a RELIABLE CC/peel, dispel spamming healers,Shadowfiend 95% of its uptime in roots/slow/fear and no way of getting it out other than massdispeling it
in PvE: Shadow Orb RNG

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
As i wrote above its pretty nice in PVE. I like it!
But its really bad in PVP. You have to get 5/5 Evangelism and Empowered Shadow to get most out of your Dots and spam swd to not oom instantly. Dot Ramp up time is an issue in Shadowpriest pvp.

Utility:
Some sort of a mobility spell (new blink or shadowstep like spell), some sort of a peel for your mates and/or yourself (new spell: shadownova -> knockback, stun or slow)
Consuming orbs for something other than damage would be sweet!
Give us something exciting and fun please!

Inner Will reworked; it is useless for shadowpriests (still does not stack with boot enchants)
Also I want the old Vampiric Embrace(and Blackout) back! :(

Mind Soothe.. In Burning Crusade it could be used to eat Spell Reflect or Grounding Totem. Not possible anymore :(
Both

Heroic

Used to be Arena, mainly just BGs and Arenas for fun.

Mind Flay gimping our dps when we have to clip it to move from things, it could be made to be used whilst moving.

I personally dislike Mind Spike, it would be nice if it was thought about and changes so it has a use in both PVE and PVP, without over powering it.

Shadowform is long due a new animation/model/colour, it gets boring, a minor glyph would be nice. (Ghost Wolf, Tree Form etc.)

As healing, Lightwell is a joke, no one clicks it, could have a glyph that makes it a small aoe heal or something.
The rotation, Dispersion, Shadowfiend.

Our dps being gimped by having to move, the Apparitions don't exactly help a whole lot, mobility is quite an issue unless you're a golbin and/or have engineering with nitro belt, an above priest mentioned something that swaps us with our Shadowfiend, I think that is a perfect example of something that could be useful to all Shadow Priests.

Rotation is nice, except in PVP.

Something unique, Dispersion was great, but it's old now, we kinda need something new ;) (Mobility, Shadow Blink or something related. ;))

Mind Spike in PVE.
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE - Shadow

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• None

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Shadow Orb RNG that sometimes just doesn't come up for !too! long. Last time I recall is Shannox at 78% when first Orb procced. I'm not saying to make it as simple as MB applying ES but to fix the RNG so that something above does not happen. I made a thread back then called 'Shadow Orb RNG' with 5+ pages of constructive feedback but for no reason you decided to delete it. Another thing is Shadowy Apparitions that sometimes get just stuck and stand still and don't really do their job. Might as well just change it so that MF and SW:P can make a kind of special blow dealing damage in addition to regular hit/crit blow. And Shadowfiend that also sometimes gets stuck or worse just runs around like a retard. And 'more powerful spell already active' when spamming DP. Thats a bug that You really could fixed ages ago.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• The depth in the character. All is just good.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Everything is just great but the Shadow Orb RNG

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Recent changes and 4PT12 was a good step but MB still is not being cast on cooldown.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Empowered Shadows uptime fixed. MB to be first to cast regardless of everything.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Mind Spike for obvious reasons, but it doesn't mean theres anything wrong with it.
    PvE

Normal mode raids

-

Shadow Orbs when shadow
    The lack of a decent raid wise mitigation / healing tool when holy

Overall I like the class

Same as above

As holy I got a tool for pretty much every situation except the one mentioned above. For shadow I got no complaints

I got the feeling that cloth gear with spirit is made rather difficult to acquire due to some scaling issues with spirit. Yes, it was stated somewhere that we 'should' look in other stats as well, but healing feels much closer to WotLK (ICC) while raiding than the healing that was promissed for Cata. Not to mention, a fresh rookie healer tossed into his first heroic might simply go mad on the difficulty. Can't you just introduce some powerful spellbooks with upgrades like in Vanilla? 'Heal' might actually become valid again then if you make it more powerful and more expensive at a raiding level.

There is a use for every spell, used a lot or not.

PvP

Heroics

Arena, BG and Rated BGs

The mana issus we have, Cost to mush to dispel and our healing spells cost mush mana.

Mind Control PvP guys off!

That we are weak vs meele classes, hard to move away from thier focus.

Kinda boring to use same same same...

Change Mind Control - So when you Mind Control a player, then you can use thier spell also. Not all. but like few spells.

MD
    PvE

Heroics/Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Shadow-Orb randomness, no Orb-Generator for opening

---

SW:D deals to much backlash damage (in firelands with rhyo/beth/domo/alys you cannot even use it)
    Nothing to do while moving, Apparition boring, slow and overall very weak for their spot in the talent tree

Besides Shadoworb randomess, not much difference since Burning Crusade... Don't know wether that's good or bad.

Shadowform visual upgrade, Mindblast visual upgrade.

Mind Soothe
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics, Raids and leveling

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs (for fun) and some minor RBG/Arena (for points generally)

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

To sum it up.
    *I like to be able to raid on end game level and then be able to atleast beat the mediocre level pvp geared people. I think it's sad that even if I am ruler of the world for PVE. I am in a tremendous problem if I enter battle with fellow players.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

I love the hybridness. Smite, Holy Fire, Sheild, PoM... The class is brilliant. I can't really pick what individually makes it the best. But the idea of being potent at both damage and healing is my drug :) Could be fun with some tweaked spells though and perhaps some juicy glyphs for Holy Fire for example!

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Itemization. Some stats are incredibly bad while others are insanely powerful. Especially in Firelands I find this a huge issue when the choises are fewer than the ones in BOT/BWD/TOTW.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

It's fantastic. I love how diffrent patches tweaks it a bit.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

1. A new damage spell for none Shadow Priests. It would melt my soul.
    2. Bring Holy Nova back as heal/dmg spell. It's totally losing the touch!
    3. Glyphs. I love the concept! Please give me more of it!

■What spells do you use the least?

This is so insanely spec dependent. But I never play Shadow because I believe that it's a cowards way to resort to a purely evil stance like Shadow Form. (RP thing)

Other spells are;

1. Holy Nova (Using it only in PVP to get moving self-heals and minor damage or similiar in pve)

2. Renew (It's slightly underscaled IMO, however using it maybe 0-10 times per boss fight perhaps)
    Thank you for collecting this feedback and I hope you find this useful

What type of content do you focus on? Both, PvP'd a significant amount (with other classes) in the past and now giving it a try with my priest.

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids mainly

If PvP, what type of PvP? BG's. Would like to do more Arena and RBG's but I find that entering these without experience on your current toon can sometimes be difficult if you are in a PvE minded guild/realm.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? I find the priest tremendously fun to play but find that limitations to remove curses + Poisons are sometimes a big obstacle in PvE content. Otherwise, in a PvP setting, it sometimes gets tiring being nothing but the centre of attention of opposition teams as a healer and not really having many "get out of Jail free cards" so to speak. (Druid/rogue sprints, mage blinks, lock portals, warrior leaps, Shaman's Wolf up, Hunters leapfrog out, etc.) Our fear is effective but it is the only real mechanic and has a very long cooldown.

What makes playing your class more fun? Interesting Cooldown Mechanics as Holy, Fantastic "Ooops, saved your life there with that shield" moments in Discipline. Being able to salvage situations with some of our abilities (including the beloved "Life Grip") makes the class most interesting.

What makes playing your class less fun? From a PvP Pov, I'd say squishiness and being mostly locked out of a spell school that is a huge component of your class mechanics. (Holy or shadow). also, challenges around movement once Deathgripped into a melee heavy group in PvP means that survivability in those instances is impossible. more Holy/Shadow based stuns would be interesting to see for a priest. from a PvE PoV, Managing certain mechanics can be overwhelming, such as the uptime of several of our haste inspiration, PoM, Penance, CoH, Chakra, Weakend Soul, Holy fire, Lightwell, Serendipity,Holy Word, etc, all of which are core mechanics to healing as either Disc/Holy. while this is the strength of the class and its differentiator, the distraction at times can take away from the raid experience, especially in movement heavy encounters where we have some limited casts and long Cooldowns (Guardian Spirit/Pain Supperssion) to be completely effective.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? as a healer no real rotation is in place, but as I mentioned above, the class (sometimes) feels like its doing more CD management as opposed to being able to fully enjoy the encounter and its mechancis. Otherwise, Priest rotations are interesting.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Possibly an improved talent system whereby certain talents (such as State of Mind and Strength of Soul which are deep into our healing trees can be a little more viable and/or useful), Oh, and better tier design. I've not seen a nice priest tier since ulduar.

What spells do you use the least? I find myself using all the Spells at my disposal as they are relevant or applicable (i.e, in a PvE or PvP environment).
    -PvE

-Raids

-Cannot rescpec in raid environment. Disc priests has SO much variety in specs (for tank healing, for shield spamming, for PoH spamming, With AA+Attonement, With AA and w/o Attonement, Take Inspiration or not and others talents). For every boss Disc priest should respec and go to Ogri every time and be summoned back in raid - very time consuming, slowing raid progression etc

-Two different healing specs and good dps spec (manage multi dots is challenging and fun)

-Very random orb spawn for SP
    -Often respec as Disc.

-Good for every class, not so annoying =)

-Make something with Mastery stat for Disc. Its overpower for Shields and worse throughoutput stat for every other spells. And shields are too expensive too heal with. Its VERY hard to balance stats.
    -Make something with Shadow Orb spawn for Shadow Priest - mb some spell that garanteed spawn one orb once per minute.

-Heal (in Disc better cast Smite, in Holy better throw Renew)
    -Holy Nova (fun but useless spell)

* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

BOTH

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

HC's but atm normal mode 10man RAIDS.

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Guild PVP and 2v2 and 3vs3 arena

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Priests need a 3rd spec, a player like me, i use holy for PvE, all my other things in the game i.e dailies, grinding etc shadow, and arena im stuck.. i need a 3rd spec for discipline, coz priests suck againest melee combat, meaning stunning rogues.

* What makes playing your class more fun?

Nothing to say really.. been playing priest for 3 years and i love it.

* What makes playing your class less fun?

One word.. Stuns from rogues lol. Well in general.. we just have to sit there and watch ourself go from 100% to 0% unless rightly specced.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Being like the only holy priest left in the game.. my rotation is simple :).. chakra serenity, renew, heal heal heal heal heal :)

* What’s on your wish list for your class?

A move that allows us to break from immobilize affects without having to spec for it.

* What spells do you use the least? To be honest, all the priest CC moves, shackle undead, mind soothe, mind control
    PvE - never been much into pvp but its fun from time to time with people I know :)

Raids

As said - not much pvp but mainly bg and arena for fun.

Healing to mana ratio fitting well. Stats being balanced is nice too (seem to need way too many different stats to work well as disc priest).

Healing well. Using spells the right time - more than just one type of spell at least.

When even if you push things your still way off course fx. disc priests and aoe healing. Fx. a pain to aoe heal when you cant chaincast shields alot and poh really doesn´t do loads when you look at shamans or resto druids who are still capable of single target healing just as well in same gear.

Not much rotation as healer

- Silence as mainstream spell for shadow priests (only usable in shadow form). Sucks not having an interrupt when all others do, and its a waste to spend 3 points for it in pve.
    - More glyphs with better variation (atm there is only so many you can pick for one spec - with more variation you make people think abit more fx. more fun stuff in the minor glyphs at least that bit wouldn´t be game changing stuff :)).
    - Complete removal of reagents (since the glyph is pretty much mandatory and there is only one spell needing reagents atm).
    - More spells that discipline mastery works with. Having only two spells that is affected by our mastery doesn´t leave alot when one spell isn´t meant (apparently) to be chain cast - insane mana costs - and the other is pretty much only affected by single target spells (poh automaticly adds the shield, but doesn´t get alot of the effect) Which gets me to...
    - A bit more healing to poh at least for discipline :)
    - Hymn of Hope allways affecting you for one of the recipients - its hard enough to use it well when you need to channel it as it is, but not being affected by it when you need it plain sucks.
    - Divine hymn cd being lowered abit. I know tranquility on druids are supposed to be they "emergency cd" but considering how it was treated at start I´d prefer that dh got its old healing abilities back or cd lowered.

Flash heal, heal and mind soothe. Flash heal is too expensive to cast even once and heal doesn´t heal enough with having same casting time as greater heal. Mind soothe just doesn´t have any function in game atm except as gimmick spell. Those and Shackle undead (could add more monster types to it), aah yes - and holy nova...
    •What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arena

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Freedom on bubble as well as Inner Focus giving a 5 second immune to silence and dispell effects was a huge quality-of-life improvement from early cata Priests.

•What makes playing your class more fun?

I love the way bubble works as well as my fear. Coming from playing a druid (changed early cata due to 0 dispell protection for HoTs just being a joke as final healing value of Lifebloom got nerfed) I love the way I do have to hard cast therefore juking/fake casting and the way it does make you feel good when you do it to someone then get off a nice big flash heal. I also love Discs ability to do damage when we want to as well. RMP as a whole is just great fun to play as a disc priest as my roll is so versatile. The skill involved in Deathing CC is great fun as well when you pull it off.

•What makes playing your class less fun?

Double melee teams are hell to deal with, especially Death Knights. As we have to hard cast it can be really really hard to deal with. Necrotic Strike as a whole is a pain for priests, not great mobility (yes the freedom is nice but won't really save you in double melee situations) on top of them being able to make themselves unpeelable means they can stack this stupidly high. Couple this with him and his partner hammering on you and the fact it's very hard to cast it either results in a kill or you blowing everthing to stay alive which means they can kill you the next time AMS is up! It does seem to me at the moment priest healers V double melee comps are just free kills. That's coming from someone playing with 2 very good players playing RMP which has nice heals.
    Unstable Affliction is dull as well, I understand it's needed but just make it give immunity to only the warlocks dots/fears. To many other classes are benefitting from it's current state at the moment (by that I mean it seems to be ignoring resili again and hitting stupidly hard if you do dispell it) and it makes comps like MLS brainless to play and very hard to counter.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I enjoy disc healing and the decisions you have to make i.e. Grace stack then heal or bubble then heal. Not really to keen on Shadow rotation in PvP, I know lots of high ranked healers who just dispel VT as they can forcing me to put it back on to waste mana if im not bursting. Wings is a really fun mechanic though and i like the Mind Spike x 3 followed by silly crit Mind Blast. Forces players to become aware of what the priest is doing and stop it, if they don't they get punished. It's good and means bads get punished but goods are fine.

•What’s on your wish list for your class?

Shadowfiend to be designed so that people cant just brainlessly CC it (someone suggested being able to swap places with your feind, this would be win, yus plox).
    Nectoric Stike to be nerfed or give me something to make myself useful against melee cleaves.
    Desperate Prayer to be uneffected by absord and healing reduction effects.
    All increase cast time debuffs or parts of debuffs (Nectoric strike / Mind numbing etc) removed from the game. Out dated mechanic which hurts priests huge amounts as 90% of our healing is cast based.

•What spells do you use the least?

Prayer of Healing (don't use binding heal much but it is nice against warlock teams)

-----------------------

To finish off I would just like to say I think Disc pvp is actually sitting in a really great place at the moment and is very balanced! Other class abilities simply just need to be changed slightly. Ta for taking the time to read this.

Neep x

- Both

- Raids

-Mostly arena and BGs but RBGs if possible

The competitiveness of healing in raids against other healers (although even id admit shamans need a bit off a buff atm)

- Also the uniqueness of our class in pvp, being able to cc more than most healers with fear and Mind Control

- When certain melee classes like warriors can completely dominate priests in PvP at the moment (1 on 1 that is)

- At the moment i feel as holy in raids i can soak up a lot of the AoE damage dealt in raids and while we're maybe not as good as druids we still have more flexibility when it comes to switching to single target

- Maybe some kind of short stun like Holy Word: Chastise but for disc, to give us more mobility against melee classes. I also loved the idea above about maybe being able to swap places with your shadow fiend (as long as its not just shadow ;P)

Mind Soothe
    Both

Raids

Arena, Bgs and Rated BGs

A higher chance to gain shadow orbs at the beggining of the fight or some kind of spell that when used it grants you one shadow orb.

What makes playing your class more fun? Shadowform, multi-dotting.

What makes playing your class less fun? I guess the biggest problem is our mobility in both pvp and pve. In pve when we are moving the only thing we can do is spam devouring plague and we have our shadow aparitions but it's not enough! And in pvp it's the same deal, when we need to kite our target it's really hard to do decent damage.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Our rotation pve wise is very good, but in pvp it needs some improvements.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Mindflay when moving, that's all.

What spells do you use the least? Mind Soothe and Mind Spike.

Both.

All of the above. Main focus in PvE is raiding.

Arena. I would do RBGs if I could find groups though. I have not done Arena this season.

Attonemnt healing not reaching players due to a large hit box (Rangaros). Inner WIll/ Focus duration change was the biggest QoL change since removing the buff reagent via glyphing. We do not require anything, off the top of my head.

Fast-paced healing. Be it frantic Circle of Healing casting in Burning Crusade, to Renew covering as Holy and PW: Shield covering as Disc in Wrath or heavy reliance on Prayer of Healing in current content. While I think it's nice to have us choose the right spell at the right moment, it's clear that it cannot be balanced by 5 healing classes for this style of raiding. Therefore I think it's better to have the fast reaction "whack-a-mole" healing that Wrath of the Lich King displayed.

Over the other healing classes? From a mechanic point of view, nothing. I wouldn't mind playing any of the healing classes. What keeps me to my Priest is sentimental attachment and the stock of pets, mounts, achievements and titles.

I covered this two questions above, but to re-iterate, I think we need to make a move back to Wrath of the Lich King life and death healing. You went from saying mana would be an issue in beta to it becoming trivial during Tier 11. Regardless of nerfs to Innervate, Mana Tide Totem and increasing the cost of our healing spells.

I wish Discipline would get a new Mastery. Divine Aegis is only good when there is constant pulsing damage or at least moments of flashing damage (see: Blood-Queen Lana'thel in ICC for the former and Twin Valkyr when they periodically cast their Vortex for short periods of pulsing damage). In a lot of cases, we heal up the raid after a big AoE hit and our Aegis is useless and falls off everyone but the tanks. Holy has a great Mastery, it doesn't force you to stack the Mastery stat (there's a choice between Haste and Mastery for players depending on their healing style, which is great). However, Holy has found itself benched in Firelands due to the lack of a proper raid cooldown. I know you do not consider this to be an issue, but why bring a Holy Priest when a Druid can match (and beat) it for raw throughput and then bring Tree of Life and Tranquilly to the table (and a combat res). It's not been the biggest issue since we have all been able to just spec Discipline, but it's a case of "forcing" some Priests to play a spec they'd rather not just so they can raid with their guild at a competitive level. Shadow is fun, it's my off-spec for Firelands and it's neat. Fair enough by moving the damage from DoTs to cast spells. Shadow is in a great place at the moment.

As Discpline: Renew, Holy Nova and Divine Hymn. As Holy: Guardian Spirit, Holy Nova and Divine Hymn. As Shadow: Nothing. All relevant damaging spells are used, even Shadow Word: Death pre-execute range.

Additional/ summarised thoughts:

I would like to see a change made to the Hymns given to Priests in Wrath of the Lich King. Divine Hymn has a long cooldown and requires the Priest to stand still for quite a long time. Hymn of Hope doesn't guarentee that much mana return to the actual caster of the spell and again, requires a lot of standing. Shadowfiend can be unreliable at times, is this intentional? Holy needs a raid cooldown. Discipline needs a new Mastery. You don't need to make Critical Strike an attractive stat for healing, we have Spirit / Haste and Mastery to look at on gear (and Intellect when gemming).

PvE.

Mostly normal raids.

I hate when it takes over 30 seconds to get a shadow orb, and it really is NOT fun. On boss fights it isn't that big of a deal, since the dps will average out, but on trash mobs, it is an issue when I cannot pull my weight when burst dps is needed (over a course of 30-60 seconds, not 5).

I personally like that there are so many things to watch after: dot uptimes, mind blast cooldown, empowered shadows. I also feel that having many utility spells like mind soothe, mind vision, dispersion, dispels and heals makes the class feel more complex and at the same time cool. It is really fun to stand out of others when you really complete your job using every possible bit of your character, like having DoTs up on multiple targets at all times, keeping empowered shadows up, popping Hymn of Hope for healers that are in need of mana and throwing that little emergency heal which really makes a difference between wipe and kill.

As I mentioned before, sometimes shadow orb RNG can be REALLY annoying.

Also a thing which can get annoying is shadow word: death on encounters, which brings you to low HP (chimaeron) or increases shadow damage taken (baleroc). Since SW:D was made necessary in dps rotation since Cataclysm launch, not using it hurts my dps a lot, and by using it I risk a suicide.

Last thing I feel that needs mentioning is Mind Sear and your target dying far away, while TAB-targetting is impossible. It's quite annoying!

It's fun. It's really rewarding when you do it properly, and not so good if you do a lousy job. It reflects skill level, and it is a thing which should be present at any game which contains competition.

1. Glyph for shadow form graphic neutralization. It is really annoying I cannot see my mounts/gear :(.

2. Improved targetting of mind sear. It's quite annoying when you are aoeing a pack which is far away from you (30-40 yds) and it dies, which makes it impossible to TAB-target, and you have to click on the mob with your mouse, which cripples your turning for a second, not to mention dps loss (I guess it's the same for, say, warlocks with seed of corruption?).

3. Since Shadow Word: Death has become a baseline spell in our rotation, removing the damage taken part would be cool.

4. Shadowy apparition inclusion in combat log so other people's addons could see it dealing damage.

Excluding Smite and Holy Fire, I find myself never using Inner Will (I guess it wasn't supposed to be for shadow priests, huh :P?) and Mana Burn (in PvE). I also find myself rarely using Mind Spike, except for soloing old content.