Transmogrification Rules

General
Prev 1 17 18 19 25 Next
please make me able to use something that isn't a dagger. i'm old enough to backstab with any weapon. and hunters can use black >arrow< with a gun, too. the weapon you use is important for melee, being able to use only one kind (caster daggers are out, too, since they are mainhand) is a too restrictive, considering another class can freely use all weapon types for the slot.

cross transmogging weapon types wouldn't break the game but give some classes the ability to actually use the feature...
Is there any chance that the Armour Type requirement could be relaxed on Head Gear?

There are a ton of attractive items that are NOT plate, and I personally do not find many of the plate head pieces to my liking.

I know I can hide my helm (which I do all the time) but would appreciate it this could be considered.

I'd really like to use the eye patch from the Winterfin Dailies in Borean Tundra, but I am unable to due to the fact that it is leather.
Is there any chance that the Armour Type requirement could be relaxed on Head Gear?

There are a ton of attractive items that are NOT plate, and I personally do not find many of the plate head pieces to my liking.

I know I can hide my helm (which I do all the time) but would appreciate it this could be considered.

I'd really like to use the eye patch from the Winterfin Dailies in Borean Tundra, but I am unable to due to the fact that it is leather.

Hear ye. I'd like to use a mail coif too.

And give us proper cloaks with hoods attached!
I have some big complaints, it seems some gear that used to have stats, don't have it anymore.. low level green mail armor pieces called "Captain's" have had their stats removed and only have armor on them so they can't be used for transmog. Pre-patch they had stats, what's the deal with removing their stats??

http://www.wowhead.com/item=7486#dropped-by

There is also the level 60 Warlord 1h Sword, that used to be colored green + yellow, that has been changed into the same looks as the other 1h sword, red + yellow...what's up with that? We used to have 2 choices, now we only have one option to transmog with...
http://wow.mmodb.com/images/items/renders2/36081-l.jpg

This is how I'm supposed to look, but I can't...
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6257/chanyatransmogset2.jpg
Like a Blood Elf / High Elf Ranger...now my plans have hit a wall...

Why has this happened and can Blizzard reconsider??
Wrap of Unity can not be used for transmorg.

It does not make any sense, why have a cloak with the insignia of our guild when we only use it to teleport once every four hours at max?

Make Wrap of Unity usable for transmorg!

I'm right with ya on that, but it should be allowed for all 3 guild cloaks imo.
Also our guild cloak would be a perfect match for my current set :(
•Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be transmogrified.
•Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be used to transmogrify.
•Mailing an item strips its transmogrification.

So woot happens if you have transmorfed your heirlooms to something cool and then use it to send among your alts when you play on them ? Will you have to keep transmorf it all the time or what ? or do they keep the transmorfed skin ?

havent found any post regarding this and just saw it on the hotfix list from dec 6

Any one knows ?
As mentioned in the original post, mailing an heirloom to your alt will strip any transmogrification effect. There was a bug that sometimes prevented this from happening, but it is now fixed.
12/12/2011 16:19Posted by Takralus
As mentioned in the original post, mailing an heirloom to your alt will strip any transmogrification effect. There was a bug that sometimes prevented this from happening, but it is now fixed.

Saw this a few times and thought it was pretty cool. Cant Blizz consider make this a feature since it gives a bit more Character to your Alts. This would make Heirlooms feel more like something personal youve give your alts rather than that same thing as everyone else. of course limit to to no Class Gear (ie. Tier sets).
man this made me sulk quite a bit. At first it was allowed (probably a bug) and I was extremely happy. Started saving for a honor sword. Bought it today, mogged it to that cool "untamed blade", mailed it, saw it being stripped. I has a sad.

I think that mogging heirlooms should be allowed (as in, being able to mail the mogg's).

Like the person above said, giving your heirloom a personal touch makes it much different than the thousand same loom items you see already.

I actually felt like leveling an alt (which has been a long time) because of this. Seeing the looms made me interested to play more. Now when it's the plain same old loom again, I just can't be asked to start.

Come on bliz, nothing wrong with allowing heirlooms to be sticky transmogrified.
Why can't you just transmorg something cool with your alt? I realize you can't do it with 85 items, but surely there are some lower level item that looks cool as well.
Bad design:

If you search for "one-handed weapons" in AH, main hand weapons show up, therefore you should be able to use a main hand weapon to transmogrify your "one-handed" tank sword. Bliz make tank swords one-handed because they think DKs use dual wield for tanking...
Blizzard (activision -.-) should make transmogrifying and then sending heirlooms work.

Umadbro? Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Blizzard earlier mentioned that a.o.t. to foster a culture of not abusing glitches, the mogs on Heirlooms-on-alts with skins of gear said alt can't use would be reversed ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3061919701 ).

Any news on when this will be happening?

And frankly, having this run about at low-levels makes dual-wielding trout a lot more believable:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderhorn/Zenobank/simple
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Desir%C3%A9%C3%A9/simple
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/%C3%81thene/simple
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/skullcrusher/G%C3%ABarbr%C3%ABaker/simple

Bad design:

If you search for "one-handed weapons" in AH, main hand weapons show up, therefore you should be able to use a main hand weapon to transmogrify your "one-handed" tank sword. Bliz make tank swords one-handed because they think DKs use dual wield for tanking...

I discovered this yesterday. My warrior tank found a new One-Handed Mace and I wished to transmo it. Unknowningly, I bought a Main Hand Mace and discovered I couldn't transmo it.

Please allow One-Handed weapons to be transmo'd to Main Hand weapons for as long as they're equipped in the Main Hand slot.
Disgusting move by Blizzard, thanks a lot for ruining yet another thing, my making heirlooms be stripped of transmorgification, seriously, ugh, lucky me, 3 days until SWTOR.
Bring back this glitch!! =)
Ok, here is the thing. After playing for years, the idea of leveling an alt is a tedious one at best. Granted Cata has revamped some of the zones and there are a few extra races, but the one thing you don't want, is same-old-same-old.

I have cloth, leather and plate heirloom kit. I have the staff, mace and axe. What I don't want is the feeling that I'm playing the same toon I did 6 months ago when I level my new priest. The fact that he now looks exactly the same as the lock I stared at for xx levels, isn't helping to kindle the feeling of "playing something new".

I mogged my staff to look like the scythe from Ahune, and I couldn't wait to be playing with that on my back, now, I don't feel like playing at all.

This is an awesome feature to have, but please make it "sticky" for heirlooms at least. It's fine to customize the look of my pally tank, but it will add more to my experience if I can change the look of my toon right from the start.
Please reconsider this Blizz .

Yes but I know several players who have done this. By the way this is an exploit. They not only have exploited the game, but now they have transmogrified items that no other people can get, in any way. I for once, knew it was possible, but didn't attempt it, because I knew it was an exploit pure and simple. Are they above the law ? I know a player that has 2 different ongoing exploits, including this, and is walking free, he is still also exploiting the exp off mechanisms... (that people have reported in 4.1...good job fixing dragon soul/lfr over night, but this even after 2 full patches is still On Line)...
blizzard... u create a new feature but u refuse to use to its full potential...

sometimes i just dont get you people (sames counts to transmogging legendaries)
I would like to ask you If there is any possibility to add vendors with items from Worgen and Goblin quests chains, which would be avaiable only for those two races.?. People who changed their character races into worgen or goblins do not have possibility to obtain items with very unique design, which were obtainable only from their race quest chains.
As a Female Worgen I really would like to weild staff which design is the same as Staff of Earned Tranquility and I'm sure that there is a lot of Worgen or Goblin players who also would like to have items specific for their races.

For example Death Knight have their vendors with quest items already.

I have repeated this post, because there is not any info about such option - still.