Dire Brew!

Customer Support
Hello,

I'd like to ask what happened with Dire Brew? This item drops from Mug of Dire Brew in Blackrock Deepths from an NPC called Dark Iron Brewer in the Grim Guzzler's place. This item transforms the drinker into a dark iron dwarf!
Some people say that they asked for this and GM responded with: "This item is only available during Brewfest."!
Ok, if it's available during brewfest, I still can't get it. (It's Brewfest at the moment!)
I don't know if it's a bug but it'll be great if I can get a confirmation.
This item wasn't available since the release of Cataclysm (I think, not sure).
I wanna be dark iron dwarf!!! :(

Hi there, Ruffles.

As far as I'm aware Dire Brew wasn't intentionally removed. We've asked our developers to take a look, and to either fix it or to provide clarification. We'll be adding it to our bug report sticky as 'under investigation', and we'll post any updates we receive there:

4.2 Known Issues & Bug Reports
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2313881411
Hello again,

After trying to get this item few times, the item still doesn't drop. I read few comments that it's RNG drop instead of 100%.
I noticed that the NPC kinda bugs, instead of dropping the item and continuing his work (the animation that he does before you talk to him), he just stands there and does nothing.
I know it's not a big deal for small bugs like this one but being a dark iron dwarf is cool! :D
Also a lot of people asked and reported this bug already. As I said in my previous post, it's bugged since the release of Cataclysm, so I guess this has to do something with the Brewfest event for level 85.

Hopefully it'll be fixed soon so I can be a dark iron dwarf again!

Thanks again! :)
There are quite a few bugs that have existed since the beginning of Cataclysm. many of them are trivial and would, at a guess, take literally a few minutes to fix.

But Blizzard will spend huge amounts of time micro-tweaking certain things, they never have shown any interest in fixing the "lower end" bugs.

The GMs both in game and on the forums have acknowledged these bugs and "forwarded" them.

Frankly, with my experience of a 100% rate of them not being fixed, my conclusion is that Blizzard just are not interested.

Many of the pre-Cata bugs were never fixed and only disappeared with the quest rebuild.

So, don't hold your breath.

They're much more likely to remove something from the game than fix it.

Pity really.
Well, the bug is added on the Patch 4.3.4 Known Bugs and Issues list which is great! Hopefully we'll be dark iron dwarves again!