Possible to get banned for using a bot software in BGs?

Customer Support
I've reported ~5 bots that were farming a wotlk instance at night. I haven't seen them online few days after the report. Not sure if it's a coincidink or they were banned.

As for bots in BGs... Different story. I've reported one of them in the 80-84 bracket. He was 82, now he's 85 with almost full 271 pvp gear. I've actually seen him in the lvl85 bg again at night, still using the bot. And yes, I'm 100% sure it's a bot.
I think I'll start frapsing and making private youtube videos, maybe this will convince them to look deeper.

I'm very disappointed that they don't ban them at least within a week.
09/10/2011 18:40Posted by Dalrian
Multiboxing doesn't hurt anyone. At best it hurts your own team because it will have 5 identical classes in a BG, but having a multiboxer in your team is not an advantage and therefore there's no reason to take away the fun some people can have by multiboxing

Haha you're actually making me laugh here. You've clearly never had a multiboxer against you. If you want to try it out though be my guest. Just join a Tol Barad on the Lightbringer server. Oh, and make sure you're alliance. And while you're at it, make sure you quote the exact same thing in the trade channel. That will be a blast!
multi boxers are just 4-5 free HKs lol
09/10/2011 23:58Posted by Amani
You've clearly never had a multiboxer against you

I have, but they are always easy kills. Last time I encountered an Ele Shaman multiboxer of 3 characters me and a Holydin killed him with the 2 of us.

In your TB battle, that multiboxer can't spread out and he can't heal. On top of that, they have 5 times the same class and it isn't even a fotm class.
Finally, if you kill the "leader" you will basically shut down the entire multiboxer, and since Ele Shamans are quite vulnerable, you should be able to blow that Shaman up in no time.

Having a multiboxer is bot an advantage unless you see them as 1 player. There might be 1 player controlling them, but they still fill 5 spots.
09/10/2011 23:58Posted by Amani
Haha you're actually making me laugh here. You've clearly never had a multiboxer against you. If you want to try it out though be my guest. Just join a Tol Barad on the Lightbringer server. Oh, and make sure you're alliance. And while you're at it, make sure you quote the exact same thing in the trade channel. That will be a blast!

Tol Barad is a bit of an oddity in this respect. Multiboxers or other premades can queue, and, if they're on the side with lower population, their whole team gets in. A premade on the higher population side, however, cant guarantee that their team will all get in. And in my experience, there arent that many premades for Tol Barad in the first place. It's a failure in the TB design imho, nothing to do with multiboxing really.

In instanced BGs though, its as simple as this: if your team are good and well co-ordinated, you will trounce a multiboxer. If your team are not, you will probably lose. In short, the better team will win. That is as it should be.
It's actually really simple: if you cheat and violate our terms of use in any way, you will face consequences ranging from temporary suspensions all the way to account closure.

The systems and methods we use don't always result in immediate action, but they are effective and we spend a great deal of time and resources on them. You can contribute by reporting players, either by opening a ticket or, preferably, by reporting them as AFK.