WoW Linux Client

General
Hello!

I'm just curious, since ive heard that there has been a developer version of a linux WoW client for a while now, why cant you release it to the public?

I'm pretty sure many of us would appreciate being able to use linux without having problems with wine that forces us to go back to windows =) ?
Doesn't WoW work perfectly in WINE?

/run and hide

Edit: Anyway, this isn't the first time I've seen people ask for this. I, for one, would love to get it WoW running properly on linux. It would advance my move from Windows dramatically.
yes it works in wine but as i stated in my post above i was looking for the option to skip wine :p
01/11/2011 14:21Posted by Stålburk
yes it works in wine but as i stated in my post above i was looking for the option to skip wine :p
Yeah, I missed the one word that made the comment sarcrastic :P
It works well in wine, but there are some minor performance issues that you may notice if you do 25 mans, they won't matter in 10s or below. I too would love a linux client, I'd prolly move back to linux. I enjoy windows 7 but linux just works so much better for me, generally speaking.
I would indeed love a Linux client, but I personally don't think Linux is ready yet.

Just wait for the Wayland display server to replace X and get decent drivers going for that, then that would be the perfect time for gaming companies to start supporting Linux as that will really smoothen the performance issues that occur graphics-wise with Linux in X.

Otherwise, I am all for a Linux client. I believe the Linux market share is much bigger than people anticipate because you cannot count the number of people using a free operating system accurately. Ubuntu's been gaining more users exponentially; steadily, but its kind of exponential. Its a fantastic system.
Well atleast it seems that my predictions were correct about that there is people that would like it.

Could you also make the wow work on consoles & smart phones? I realy enjoy windows 7 but console & smart phones just works so much better for me, generally speaking.
Could you also make the wow work on consoles & smart phones? I realy enjoy windows 7 but console & smart phones just works so much better for me, generally speaking.
Not sure if serious.....

Strictly speaking, as I know people have been able to run certain distributions of linux onto consoles, it might be in the realm of possibility.

Smartphones.... Um... No?
Smartphones well been there done that, u cant do more then maybe check ure mailbox and friendslist. Noway it would be recommended to perform a raid or dungeon on a phone.

But a release of the linux client would be highly appreciated.
I imagine there's no WoW client for Linux for a couple of main reasons.

1) The user base is small, and the gaming base is tiny.
2) There are multiple distros, and a constantly changing environment; it's not consistent enough. Support would be a nightmare.

2 could probably be avoided by saying "here it is, you're on your own", but that's hardly professional or good practice.

I use Linux (I'm on it now), but I have a Windows PC for gaming.
Its a shame, I am running Linux Mint 17.01 Rebecca and it is so much faster and more reliable than windows 10 that we have all been irritated into getting, I also have Steam installed on my linux machine and am right now installing The Witcher 2, so things are looking up but for Wow I still have to go on my windows machine, so annoying. :(
Someone says necro in 3 .... 2 .... 1
nice necro