Level 60 PVP gear Transmogrification

General
1 2 3 45 Next
edit: updating here with patch 5.2 PTR notes.

Characters that have attained requisite title levels (Centurion, Knight-Champion, Grand Marshal, High Warlord, etc.) through the Rated Battleground system will be able to purchase old PVP items requiring those titles.

Since the EU servers are still down i caught wind of this from the US forums, heres a full post about it.

The items out in the world (Marshals, Grand Marshal’s, High Warlord, etc) that use the level 60 PvP art are un-transmogrifiable (including the item level 115 stuff that shares the name from Burning Crusade).

In Area 52 a set of vendors has replaced the PvP Vendors who used to live there. Grex Brainboiler, Krixel Pinchwhistle, Tini Smalls, Kezzik the Striker, Big Zokk Torquewrench, and Leeni “Smiley” Smalls. These vendors sell new, transmogrifiable versions of the classic armor to players who have the Feat of Strength for Legionnaire/Knight-Captain or higher under the old PvP system.

There was a bug with the Feat of Strength granting access to these items, but was hotfixed within the last couple of minutes. If you meet the criteria log out and back in and you should be able to access the vendor.

The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

In a future patch the items sold by the Area 52 vendors will also be renamed ‘Replica of’ to be more consistent with the items sold by the Darkmoon Faire – they’re currently exact duplicates of the original items that allow transmogrification, which is obviously a bit confusing.

Potentially related, since he’s in the same area, Kezzik the Striker sells inaccessible Season 1 Gladiator’s, Season 2 Merciless Gladiator’s, and Season 3 Vengeful Gladiator’s gear to all players, as the majority of that gear didn’t have restrictions.

TL;DR: You cant use this gear for Transmogging unless you have at least Knight-Captain/Legionnaire from the original PVP system from Classic WoW.

edit: update

In the case of the old Honor system it’s no longer available like Molten Core is. We know who participated, what they achieved, when, and we can in this instance restrict those specific items (some of which were arguably more difficult to obtain than any raid has ever been) to the people that earned them when the system existed. It’s also worth noting that people's time investments, even at level 85 and going back and doing these old raids over and over to build a full set, is not inconsequential. It's not accurate to compare raid item drop rates (regardless of character level) now, to current honor gains and their comparison to the original honor ranking system.

We do agree that the restriction to the specific characters that earned those titles kind of sucks. It’s the player that earned those items, really, not any specific character. If we had a way to make them account-wide right now, we would. We can’t, but account-wide achievements are planned for Mists of Pandaria, and we hope to be able to include Feats of Strength with that system, which would open up these items to all characters on that player's account.

It's also worth reiterating the point made in the original reply I made "while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future." We'd like to find ways to make these items available to players who didn't earn them through the original system, while keeping them prestigious for those that did.

Lastly I want to apologize that this restriction was not communicated before the patch was released. As much we hope to be in front of messaging any changes before they're implemented to ensure you're well informed and can plan your play schedule with these things in mind, it doesn't always happen. For that we are sorry if anyone was looking forward to using these items for transmogrification and is unable to do so.
I hadn't personally planned on using level 60 PVP gear, but this is a stupid, cruel and disappointing decision. I imagine many many people were looking forward to using this great looking gear and will be very let down today. It will probably spoil transmogrification for lots of people.

Added to which, just how many people with those feats of strength are still playing? I wasn't playing when that system was active.

One glimmer of hope:

The design intent with the Feat of Strength achievement requirement was specifically to limit these particular art styles to players who earned them through the OG (and relentlessly difficult) PvP honor system, while keeping the door open to reward them to more people in the future.

Whatever that means.
Since the EU servers are still down i caught wind of this from the US forums, heres a full post about it.

The items out in the world (Marshals, Grand Marshal’s, High Warlord, etc) that use the level 60 PvP art are un-transmogrifiable (including the item level 115 stuff that shares the name from Burning Crusade).

In Area 52 a set of vendors has replaced the PvP Vendors who used to live there. Grex Brainboiler, Krixel Pinchwhistle, Tini Smalls, Kezzik the Striker, Big Zokk Torquewrench, and Leeni “Smiley” Smalls. These vendors sell new, transmogrifiable versions of the classic armor to players who have the Feat of Strength for Legionnaire/Knight-Captain or higher under the old PvP system.

There was a bug with the Feat of Strength granting access to these items, but was hotfixed within the last couple of minutes. If you meet the criteria log out and back in and you should be able to access the vendor.

In a future patch the items sold by the Area 52 vendors will also be renamed ‘Replica of’ to be more consistent with the items sold by the Darkmoon Faire – they’re currently exact duplicates of the original items that allow transmogrification, which is obviously a bit confusing.

Potentially related, since he’s in the same area, Kezzik the Striker sells inaccessible Season 1 Gladiator’s, Season 2 Merciless Gladiator’s, and Season 3 Vengeful Gladiator’s gear to all players, as the majority of that gear didn’t have restrictions.

TL;DR: You cant use this gear for Transmogging unless you have at least Knight-Captain/Legionnaire from the original PVP system from Classic WoW.

And there went my plot as my original vanilla characters still have the levels they obtained the gear and are on their realms...

so anyone has 100 eur to lend that I can transfer them to Outland ? :(
(Y)
As a Grand Marshal of the original system who can actually use it, i agree with you Redbranch on it being silly, the level 60 PVP gear is very iconic in its design for being separate between the Alliance and Horde, everyone should be able to use this gear.

I understand they might have wanted to limit the gear to prevent everyone suddenly looking the same with it on, but this was not the way to do it, limiting it entirely to veterans while does sound cool, is just way over the top on players who werent around back then or didnt even get high enough rank.
Old hwl here, it does seem rather odd that they did this. It is kind of cool though since this will give us a way to show that we got our titles from the old system, though i very much prefer that they would just give us some sort of "veteran <pvp title>" and then giving out the old pvp gear for everyone to get.

Does this include the weapons?
That would mean I can finally stop whipping myself for destroying my shiny hammer!
Suddenly I don't want to go to work today and just cuddle with my sparkly rock of a hammer...
Personally I feel that vanilla gear should be transmoggable to only those that have ANY of the old pvp ranks,

This is where I give the finger to everyone that wants to say "You think you're a special snowflake"

You want to be a special snowflake and there's nothing wrong with that. You're not exactly alone with that will so to say.
30/11/2011 06:36Posted by Azriyel

Another bone headed move from Blizzard >.<

So you can buy replica dungeon set 2 (much, much, harder to obtain than a Knight-Captain/Legionnaire rank) from the darkmoon faire yet this gear is restricted, makes sense, not! :P
[quote="30562807250"]So you can buy replica dungeon set 2 (much, much, harder to obtain than a Knight-Captain/Legionnaire rank) from the darkmoon faire yet this gear is restricted, makes sense, not! :P

Agree, but hey I alrdy got it and I can leave minding I was the first ( and perhaps only ) in EU to use the D2´+ Sotl + Rivendare's deathcharger combo^^

But just in case, I got Ironweave battlesuit rdy if I want a unobtainable set to flex with^^
BTW the tier 1-2, aq40 sett is a burning crusade gear? so why i can transmog this gears and why i cant the HW? GG blizzard good arguments. AND WHERE IS MY MOUNT? I love the old pvp gears so please fix it. thanks
Tier 1, 2, 3 and 2,5 (AQ set) is Vanilla gear. And don't ask m why those are. Imho, only those that actually played vanilla (mostly everyone had a pvp title, at least scout/private) should be able to. Prestige ought to be given to those that earned it, not to wrath babies that believe that since they pay equally, they should be grandfathered the right to have something they never earned. Well guess what, presumed we have played continuously since vanilla, we've paid MORE than you.

(The latter bit wasn't aimed at you Pharadox, it was aimed at any wrath babies that start complaining)
Tier 1, 2, 3 and 2,5 (AQ set) is Vanilla gear. And don't ask m why those are. Imho, only those that actually played vanilla (mostly everyone had a pvp title, at least scout/private) should be able to. Prestige ought to be given to those that earned it, not to wrath babies that believe that since they pay equally, they should be grandfathered the right to have something they never earned. Well guess what, presumed we have played continuously since vanilla, we've paid MORE than you.

(The latter bit wasn't aimed at you Pharadox, it was aimed at any wrath babies that start complaining)

btw i play in vanilla i got 2 char on rank 12 so i need MAH GEAR

If you set the line that high you might aswell say that you may only use the same gear as you obtained in vanilla. If you aquired it after ( even if it means missing say chest of T2 while having 7 / 8 - you shall not use it ). We pay just as much as they do, they should be aviable to enjoy the sets just like we can. Besides, this is what mogging brought so live with it.
Wrath babies...perhaps your classic experience forgot that we had those babies in vanilla too? Not to mention that your theory of ''I played longer and when it was hard so I should get better standards than them'' is a bit silly. I can simply state - but I got R14 first of all on Misery and T2 on my realm - so now no one else shall be able to use it. Really, share the love, people love many classic sets, there's no point to hindering them based on ego and greed.

If you set the line that high you might aswell say that you may only use the same gear as you obtained in vanilla. If you aquired it after ( even if it means missing say chest of T2 while having 7 / 8 - you shall not use it ). We pay just as much as they do, they should be aviable to enjoy the sets just like we can. Besides, this is what mogging brought so live with it.
Wrath babies...perhaps your classic experience forgot that we had those babies in vanilla too? Not to mention that your theory of ''I played longer and when it was hard so I should get better standards than them'' is a bit silly. I can simply state - but I got R14 first of all on Misery and T2 on my realm - so now no one else shall be able to use it. Really, share the love, people love many classic sets, there's no point to hindering them based on ego and greed.

Except that between Vanilla and transmogging, there's pretty much 3 expansions. I highly doubt anyone that played vanilla expected transmog to ever happen, so you either ran out of bag/bankspace very quickly or you simply destroyed anything that you couldn't re-obtain later. Tier1/2 gear would be considered reobtainable so you would sell them, whereas Benediction or Rhok'delar would not be, so you'd keep them.

And yes, there were people like that in vanilla. But they still played it and they were there. Wrath babies did not :)

... plus you're missing the point, I'm not saying "I was first so I should be the only one" but rather "The people that were there THEN, should be rewarded now." Also, congratulations on r1st t2.
30/11/2011 05:54Posted by Lotharemas

Awesome! Thanks Blizz!
30/11/2011 08:59Posted by Grinderofl
whereas Benediction or Rhok'delar would not be, so you'd keep them.

I lubs me benediction <3 So happy I kept it all these years.
Yeah...because...having played a game 6 years and being good at it (or having been addicted by it ) is seriously something to be proud of in your life, you have achieved so much you just need to boast it to everyone, because that is so important, what you did in a game...

/facepalm

Seriously, I just want to be able to make a set look cool, I don't give a rats butt about who wears what and how shiny and cool it was when it came out. And yes, I have been playing since 2006, you can check my other char, Èniën, if you don't believe. I still dont give a crap about who gets what, aslong as it's fun, that's what a game is for!