Raid Finder Loot Exploit Suspensions

General
1 2 3 14 Next
Shortly after patch 4.3 was released, we became aware that some players were abusing an exploit to obtain loot from the same Raid Finder bosses multiple times in a single raid lockout period (one week). The Raid Finder loot mechanic is of course intended to only allow a person to roll on boss loot drops once per raid lockout period.

The raid lockout mechanic has been a mainstay of the World of Warcraft rules since Onyxia and Molten Core, ensuring that no one can obtain loot from a boss more than once per lockout. Due to the nature of the exploit and the clear intent of those who abused it, they've been issued notices and given temporary suspensions from the game. We’re also working to remove all Raid Finder items from those who used the exploit.
Good job.
Well done!

Anyway if I look to the posts below me there is much QQ incoming..

Popcorn time <3
nice gear, mebee i steal
I'm happy about that :-)

Don't think you're able to trick the blue guys/girls!
Funny how all the casual carebears are happy about it..

Good job ruining the 25 man raiding scene for this tier content blizzard. Whoever made the decision to do this should get fired.
High five Blizz o/
Casual care bears :<

Now, don't forget to do it again, when it happens again. Please.

Good job ruining the 25 man raiding scene for this tier content blizzard. Whoever made the decision to do this should get fired.

Or just learn to play fair and don't abuse things that are obviously unintended?
Hello I'm a massive casual and I approve of this.

Yes, ruining by stopping exploriting!

How dare you Blizzard! How can you not let DREAM paragon explorit and making them triple better than other? That's only fair

</sarcasm>
06/12/2011 18:36Posted by Deadlyknight
How dare you Blizzard! How can you not let DREAM paragon explorit and making them triple better than other? That's only fair

I exploritted twilight highlands once.

06/12/2011 18:04Posted by Takralus
Shortly after patch 4.3 was released, we became aware that some players were abusing an exploit to obtain loot from the same Raid Finder bosses multiple times in a single raid lockout period (one week).

Why haven't you banned people for this reason before? There's several guilds who have done this systematically to gain more "instance resets", especially during progress.

Then again, there's probably no chance of getting an answer.

Now, don't forget to do it again, when it happens again. Please.

Or just learn to play fair and don't abuse things that are obviously unintended?

It's in human nature to strive to be the best. How about instead blizzard learns to code properly and it would never have happened in the first place.

Heck, I know for a fact it was reported on the PTR. Why was this not fixed then if it is such a big deal?
06/12/2011 18:37Posted by Synti
Shortly after patch 4.3 was released, we became aware that some players were abusing an exploit to obtain loot from the same Raid Finder bosses multiple times in a single raid lockout period (one week).

Why haven't you banned people for this reason before? There's several guilds who have done this systematically to gain more "instance resets", especially during progress.

Then again, there's probably no chance of getting an answer.

Who knows, maybe with enough upvotes......rofl jk.
Should stop rushing patches (:
It's in human nature to strive to be the best. How about instead blizzard learns to code properly and it would never have happened in the first place.

Heck, I know for a fact it was reported on the PTR. Why was this not fixed then if it is such a big deal?

Who cares? Its still agianst the ToS and you knew. Face the consequences. BYE

Please show me where this says in the ToS. :)

edit:

lol pvphero nvm.
06/12/2011 18:04Posted by Takralus
Due to the nature of the exploit and the clear intent of those who abused it, they've been issued notices and given temporary suspensions from the game

What about the players who discovered it AND reported it. Who deleted those items and made tickets long before bashiok's post on the WoW forum was even done and before your hotfix disabled the exploit?

Your script banned all those people and costumer service is on "don't bother us" mode.

Please show me where this says in the ToS. :)

edit:

lol pvphero nvm.

Let me guess, your guild was a participant in the exploits?