Darkmoon Faire — Known Issues [Updated 10/01]

General
Update, 03/02
We have an update for you in regards to the Darkmoon Faire Achievement Progress. Please check out the following thread for more information: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3313133019#1

Update, 10/01

We’ve identified a number of issues with the Darkmoon Faire this month, and they should be resolved for the February faire. Specifically, we found problems with:

• Attempting to turn in the Adventurer's Journal and Captured Insignia which are associated with these quests “The Captured Journal” and “The Enemy's Insignia”. If you are having difficulty turning in these items, please contact our customer service department at http://eu.battle.net/support/en/ and they will be able to provide you with 5 Darkmoon Prize Tickets per item.
  • Unfortunately, “The Darkmoon Faire” quest cannot be made available for characters that previously completed the quest. This is due to the fact that this quest is not a new quest, but reuses the old quest ID. We realize this was an error and will be taking steps to not repeat it for future quests, but it does mean that characters that completed it before will not be able to complete the new version with the ticket reward.
  • The reset of monthly achievement progress experienced by some is unfortunately unable to be reinstated. We apologize for this error and have taken steps to ensure it does not occur again.

• January's Darkmoon Faire will come to a conclusion on Saturday, Jan. 7 at midnight. The faire will return again on Feb. 5, as planned.

We apologize for the inconveniences some players have encountered with these issues. Thank you for your patience and feedback.

Update, 04/01

A hotfix was deployed last night in order to solve the issue and the monthly quests should now be available again. However, if your character had already encountered a bug with some of the monthly quests, then you will need to wait until the next Darkmoon Faire starting on February 5 in order to complete those quests and the related achievements.

Once again we apologise for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Original message

We are aware of issues affecting the Darkmoon Faire which opened again in Azeroth today, particularly regarding the monthly quests and some related achievements.

Our teams are investigating the issue and would like to assure you that we are working hard to solve the issue.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing.
    You can get into the tents very easily. All you need to do is jump over the barrier. D:
    my question is - when you fix it? I don't want to collect all items again.
    Thanks for the info.

On another note, did you nerf the drops of artifacts in low lvl dungeons? I just spent all morning in SM and Stratholme and I haven't seen a single Ornate Weapon and Monstreous Egg.
    Last time DMF was active, they dropped very very often.

/Demo
    Not sure if this is a problem or not but the NPCs for the various mini games (ring toss, whack etc.) inform me that my points will carry over between games but mine don't seem to be at the moment. Not sure if this is a problem or not but thought I would let Blizz know.

Apologies, I was not accepting the quests for the mini games - I was simply playing the games without the quests... DOH! :)
    Do I have to collect the items for the achi's again? Or will the achi reset be fixed?
    Concerning the droprate of the needed items for the Dungeoneer's Achievment i'm surprised to see that after 9 full scarlet monastery and 5 full stratholme in a row not a single one has dropped yet. Have you scaled down the droprate (a lot) ?
    Thanks for the info.

On another note, did you nerf the drops of artifacts in low lvl dungeons? I just spent all morning in SM and Stratholme and I haven't seen a single Ornate Weapon and Monstreous Egg.

/Demo

02/01/2012 14:13Posted by Bharin
    Concerning the droprate of the needed items for the Dungeoneer's Achievment i'm surprised to see that after 9 full scarlet monastery and 5 full stratholme in a row not a single one has dropped yet. Have you scaled down the droprate (a lot) ?

I am not sure but I think they did the same thing like with other items for another achievements - if you are level 85 and you farm low level dungeons it will not drop for you. You must visit cata dungeons to get those items.

And another problem is - if one of these items drops in any dungeon, anybody can roll on it even they dont have a book from DMF.
    I am still having problems with the one involving the dark iron ale mug. I did it on this character and it worked, but I can not get it to work on others even doing exactly the same thing.
    Thanks for the info.

/Demo

02/01/2012 14:13Posted by Bharin

I am not sure but I think they did the same thing like with other items for another achievements - if you are level 85 and you farm low level dungeons it will not drop for you. You must visit cata dungeons to get those items.

And another problem is - if one of these items drops in any dungeon, anybody can roll on it even they dont have a book from DMF.

I've been running the old and new cata dungeons and I have yet to see any artifacts drop.
    Did they completely screw up droprate?

I'm suspecting that the artifacts currently on our AH are drops prior to DMF running now.
    03/01/2012 14:29Posted by Dermacrosis
    I am still having problems with the one involving the dark iron ale mug. I did it on this character and it worked, but I can not get it to work on others even doing exactly the same thing.

I did this just now. It might be that Jubjub isn't near. You may have to coax him out. Make a macro of /target jubjub then you should find him :)

01/01/2012 14:15Posted by Thyvene
    particularly regarding the monthly quests and some related achievements.

Is the "you've completed that quest" message when I try to re-do something like Adventurere's Journal this time round also a bug?
    03/01/2012 17:42Posted by Meckina
    Is the "you've completed that quest" message when I try to re-do something like Adventurere's Journal this time round also a bug?

Yes that is one of them. I didn't do any of them on this character last time round so all were available to me. Yet when I tried on character that had done them they got that message.

03/01/2012 17:42Posted by Meckina
    I did this just now. It might be that Jubjub isn't near. You may have to coax him out. Make a macro of /target jubjub then you should find him :)

At one point he was pretty much next to her. I haven't tried it on all yet, as with some of the other quests it seems to be random on which is affected or not.
    03/01/2012 18:54Posted by Dermacrosis
    Yes that is one of them. I didn't do any of them on this character last time round so all were available to me. Yet when I tried on character that had done them they got that message.

That's good then, thought it was just me.

03/01/2012 18:54Posted by Dermacrosis
    At one point he was pretty much next to her. I haven't tried it on all yet, as with some of the other quests it seems to be random on which is affected or not.

I must admit it took 8 ales to get him to follow me all of 30 foot :/

Hope you get him soon though Dermacrosis :)
    Has anyone else learnt the darkmoon tonk companion only to have it disappear from their companions tab? I bought the darkmoon turtle last month and that is still there, but the tonk just disappeared, won't mind so much if the tickets used to purchase it had reappeared but they didn't.
    Open a ticket in game. They will look into it and if they see it in the logs they should replace it for you.
    03/01/2012 20:28Posted by Meckina
    I must admit it took 8 ales to get him to follow me all of 30 foot :/

I got it on this character with one mug, nowI have to go to the bloody bar again and get more. It was annoying getting there for the 15 I got. Oh well I will wait for next tme if it fails again.
    Captured Insignia and Adventurer's Journal still hasn't reset.
    A hotfix was deployed last night in order to solve the issue and the monthly quests should now be available again. However, if your character had already encountered a bug with some of the monthly quests, then you will need to wait until the next Darkmoon Faire starting on February 5 in order to complete those quests and the related achievements.

Once again we apologise for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
    EXCELLENT!!!

Now that's some great job from developers!
    After all - not like we have to wait a whole month to get a single reward while doing dailies every day and turning in those quests!

Splending job ol' chaps!
    What happens with the achievements (haven't logged in today). I did not finish them last faire, and they completely reset. Will they be/are they back to what they were at the end of the last faire (where every step - withouth the strategy book - was completed)?