Darkmoon Faire — Known Issues [Updated 10/01]

General
I want to point out several things that are really bothering me.

First of all: I still clearly remember the incident with the honor gear purchase in the week just before the 4.2.0 kicked in. You solved it quite well by giving players some honor back. My question is why you can't do something similar with this issue? Giving the players who were unable to complete these quests some satisfaction for your fault.

Second: The way how Blizzard present a "hotfix" ,as everything is as it should be now, is disgusting and I want to trow up after reading that. So you are basically saying that you fixed it for the people that have not encountered any bug and for those who did, you didn't fix anything? Sorry but I have to ask. What the hell is that?

Third: How the hell is possible that Blizzard is not able to track at which time this quests have been completed? (I can quote a gm response on this matter if you want) If this is the case then someone responsible for this should be fired because they clearly have forgotten very important thing.

First of all: I still clearly remember the incident with the honor gear purchase in the week just before the 4.2.0 kicked in. You solved it quite well by giving players some honor back. My question is why you can't do something similar with this issue? Giving the players who were unable to complete these quests some satisfaction for your fault.

Second: The way how Blizzard present a "hotfix" ,as everything is as it should be now, is disgusting and I want to trow up after reading that. So you are basically saying that you fixed it for the people that have not encountered any bug and for those who did, you didn't fix anything? Sorry but I have to ask. What the hell is that?

Third: How the hell is possible that Blizzard is not able to track at which time this quests have been completed? (I can quote a gm response on this matter if you want) If this is the case then someone responsible for this should be fired because they clearly have forgotten very important thing.

Agree
ok so what this hotfix supposed to do ?
cuz i havent get my achievement progress back and still cant do Adventurer's and insignia's quests .. rly helpfull yeah

what he said
01/01/2012 14:15Posted by Thyvene
if your character had already encountered a bug with some of the monthly quests, then you will need to wait until the next Darkmoon Faire

That sucks.
Thanks for nothing. How on earth can 2 of the 9 items bug???
And whats up with this fix? Basically everybody who checked if it was bugged gets screwed because of your failure. I want a 10 tickets compensation because you'll see that i'll be 10 tickets short of an item i want next month.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3811495887?page=14#266

• Attempting to turn in the Adventurer's Journal and Captured Insignia which are associated with these quests “The Captured Journal” and “The Enemy's Insignia”. If you are having difficulty turning in these items, please contact our customer service department at http://us.battle.net/support/en/ and they will be able to provide you with 5 Darkmoon Prize Tickets per item.

Why are US player being told this while EU players are being told nothing can be done?
US players always get something better than us, EU players
04/01/2012 14:37Posted by Takralus
A hotfix was deployed last night in order to solve the issue and the monthly quests should now be available again. However, if your character had already encountered a bug with some of the monthly quests, then you will need to wait until the next Darkmoon Faire starting on February 5 in order to complete those quests and the related achievements.

So only US get the Tickets for [Captured Insignia] and [Adventurer's Journal] this month?
Or why is there no equal post to the one in the US Thread about the DMF where it states you get the tickets for the items by using the web-ticket-system?

I found this on the US forums (courtesy of MMO-Champion):

We’ve identified a number of issues with the Darkmoon Faire this month, and they should be resolved for the February faire. Specifically, we found problems with:

• Attempting to turn in the Adventurer's Journal and Captured Insignia which are associated with these quests “The Captured Journal” and “The Enemy's Insignia”. If you are having difficulty turning in these items, please contact our customer service department at http://us.battle.net/support/en/ and they will be able to provide you with 5 Darkmoon Prize Tickets per item.

• Unfortunately, “The Darkmoon Faire” quest cannot be made available for characters that previously completed the quest. This is due to the fact that this quest is not a new quest, but reuses the old quest ID. We realize this was an error and will be taking steps to not repeat it for future quests, but it does mean that characters that completed it before will not be able to complete the new version with the ticket reward.

• The reset of monthly achievement progress experienced by some is unfortunately unable to be reinstated. We apologize for this error and have taken steps to ensure it does not occur again.

January's Darkmoon Faire will come to a conclusion on Saturday, Jan. 7 at midnight. The faire will return again on Feb. 5, as planned.

We apologize for the inconveniences some players have encountered with these issues. Thank you for your patience and feedback.

Original link - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3840665535?page=3

Hopefully this will help some people out there (see bold part of quote)
But that only applies to the US, we however get sod all see the first post in this thread.

07/01/2012 19:02Posted by Dermacrosis
But that only applies to the US, we however get sod all see the first post in this thread.

Okay an update on this. The US blue info also applies to the EU. I asked in CS and this is the reply:
Greetings Dermacrosis,

I apologise if it appears as though the policies between the two separate regions are different, but I’m pleased to inform you that the section of the US Community post you quote is also the stance our EU support teams are taking with regard to these quests, and players petitioning in will be receiving these tickets in lieu of the quests they’re unable to complete this time around (on removal of the two items from their Inventories by support).

I believe the confusion here may arise simply from the fact that the US announcement was posted after our EU Community members had already finished for the weekend, and for this reason the post hasn’t been duplicated in Europe.

However, if you are indeed one of the players affected by this issue, you’re welcome to petition in and our representatives will do their best to assist. :)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3225582805
I think even if a blue makes the topic they should have to get a blue post by someone else to get that little blizz thing on their post.

seems only fair.
I found another bug:
At the cannon, i got in the ring when i fell iin it, But no score..
We’ve identified a number of issues with the Darkmoon Faire this month, and they should be resolved for the February faire. Specifically, we found problems with:

• Attempting to turn in the Adventurer's Journal and Captured Insignia which are associated with these quests “The Captured Journal” and “The Enemy's Insignia”. If you are having difficulty turning in these items, please contact our customer service department at http://eu.battle.net/support/en/ and they will be able to provide you with 5 Darkmoon Prize Tickets per item.
  • Unfortunately, “The Darkmoon Faire” quest cannot be made available for characters that previously completed the quest. This is due to the fact that this quest is not a new quest, but reuses the old quest ID. We realize this was an error and will be taking steps to not repeat it for future quests, but it does mean that characters that completed it before will not be able to complete the new version with the ticket reward.
  • The reset of monthly achievement progress experienced by some is unfortunately unable to be reinstated. We apologize for this error and have taken steps to ensure it does not occur again.

• January's Darkmoon Faire will come to a conclusion on Saturday, Jan. 7 at midnight. The faire will return again on Feb. 5, as planned.

We apologize for the inconveniences some players have encountered with these issues. Thank you for your patience and feedback.
    I found another bug:
    At the cannon, i got in the ring when i fell iin it, But no score..

When you hit the water, jump up, the game doesn't register your fall correctly.
    Ok, this is the first time in my almost 4 year of payed playtime that Blizz really pisses me off!

This cataclysmical "error" costs me hours and hours of farming and thousands and thousands of hard earned gold and all I get is a freaking apology?! NO! That won't do. Plus, I got my answer after 9 days of waiting, which was AFTER the Faire ended. During last Faire I decided to not redo the achievs and hours of farming because I was sure dear Blizz would fix it and now I end up with nothing and still need to do everything again.
    This is what I call bad timing,with sw:tor luring us all.. if only it ran on mac :P

Bah!
    I have played since launch and while it is not the first time I have been pissed off at grinding something for hours only for a glitch to destroy my effort, this might just be the straw that broke my wow playing back. Like lots of people I reported the glitch on day 1 of DMF. I was only given an answer AFTER the DMF closed. Convenient. Wait until something is over before it is fixed. No wait, blizz will say, we hotfixed it. Well, you hotfixed it for people who weren't having the problem. That logic boggles the mind. If you are having the problem you are screwed. If you aren't, it is fixed. Now I have gone in and looked at my achievement list and the problem is STILL there. The two that were bugged last month are still bugged and listed as completed and none of the ones I spent hours and hours grinding are listed as done. And I am sure I will get to next month and will still not be able to turn in those 2 pvp ones and I may or may not get any credit toward the achievements on the two achievements I want to complete by turning in pvp and pve things that I will spend hours grinding. It never should have been an issue in the first place, it should have been dealt with quicker and some sort of compensation should have been given (and no, I have not received an extra 10 tickets as the blizz poster above said we should have). I am fast losing faith over blizz to do anything in the customer's interest and will have to think long and hard if I want to continue to pay for my two accounts. This is going to continue to be a problem for blizz as players (and their money) start drifting away. It is as if we are a problem to blizz not a cash cow. Please wake up blizzard and do not continue to slap the people who pay your salaries in the face with crap solutions (or actually no solutions) to obvious game design/programming problems.
    So, achievement progress has reset again. I was under the impression that wasn't supposed to be happening? At least this time I've actually got my Treatise all ready so only have to acquire all of the others (for the third time) to actually finish it now but it's more than a little annoying...