have you ever been happy with a change made by blizzard

General
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
I'm very happy that Adrenaline Rush is off the global cooldown as of today. Small change, but I like it :)
01/02/2012 12:32Posted by Faylanna
You've always been slowed when it water... Or have I missed something?

You used to be able to get back to full/mount speed when you jump out of the water, they changed that to simply remaining slower then normal movement speed.
01/02/2012 12:39Posted by Cakerogue
You've always been slowed when it water... Or have I missed something?

You used to be able to get back to full/mount speed when you jump out of the water, they changed that to simply remaining slower then normal movement speed.

I still move quickly when jumping out of water. :o
People generally tend to come here to discuss the things they'd like to see changed and feel strongly about. If you're totally happy with something, you rarely go to the trouble of making a thread about it, right? :)

So, while it may appear that "everyone" complains about things, it's really only those that feel that a certain feature would work better if it were implemented differently. This is the kind of feedback we're always on the lookout for, if it's posted constructively of course.

Whilst that's certainly true, some portions of the community have been overlooked for quite some time now. This is turn spawns bitterness and unfortunately a lot of it is pretty justified, especially when it comes to the handling of the lore and how it plays out both in-game and outside of it.

As a role-player first and foremost, there is always something I can latch on to and find intriguing. During this expansion I liked how the Highborne returned and how the naga advanced their own interests in the name of Queen Azshara. I was also very keen upon what the worgen brought to the table, yet unfortunately all of that has largely been overshadowed by the disproportionate focus placed upon Thrall.

Overall, feelings regarding this game have been mixed for a while now. What matters is how feedback is given. If it's not given in a manner that points out what is good and bad, it's of little use to anyone.
Best change ever: allow players to trade items to others who were also there when the item dropped. This removed a lot of drama (and stress) from the game, when people rolled on items by mistake. If you make a mistake now, you can easily correct it.

Blizzard makes good changes and bad changes to the game.
But where it really matters is at the changes that have a major impact on the way we play the game. And there I feel Blizzard is lacking vision, imagination and creativity. It feels like all the big changes are simple bandaids, that sometimes destroy more than they add. It feels like all the creative game-designers have left for other projects or other companies. I feel like I could have done a better job myself ..... Not what I expect from a huge company with an even bigger budget.
01/02/2012 12:32Posted by Habberdasher
Rogues starting with dual weild. Take that villians of Northshire.

Oh yes, the starter equipment being more class-appropriate in general was a good thing.
The talent system implemented in Cata surely was an improvement over the one in Wotlk (Blizz now realises it could be better yet, tho I will have to see if the current direction is the right one..)
The random dungeon tool.
Being able to see (roughly) your gear's worth without going to the interwebs.
The encounter journal.
The upcoming 4th druid spec.
Making ammo stack up to 1000.
However, I'm one of those few hunters that miss ammo. RIP quivers/ammo pouches.
01/02/2012 12:17Posted by Takralus
People generally tend to come here to discuss the things they'd like to see changed and feel strongly about. If you're totally happy with something, you rarely go to the trouble of making a thread about it, right? :)

This is very much true.

Generally speaking I tend to be happy with most changes (new druid forms - cried tears of joy and went straight to the barbershop to go dancing with the other bears/cats)
There are things that leave me disgruntled, but when I reflect on them I can normally see why they happened or realize they don't really matter to me so dismiss them.
And when I'm actually unhappy about something, I log on the forums and see that other people are crying a river over it so I don't need to be worrying, but can follow the general flow of conversation if I wish.

1 thing though, give us new Moonkin models please, chickens need some wub. :D
01/02/2012 12:52Posted by Fennir
So blues are now "fishing" for these posts that just praise blizz for nothing , you guys are becoming more pathetic with each passing day. Interesting how thousands of topics/posts that tell you what is wrong, how to help fix the game remain unanswered and considering the latest patches are just ignored ...

You may want to re-read my previous post.
You stil didnt fix underwear bug :(
Why i cant look ingame like in armory :(
01/02/2012 10:34Posted by Redfeld
have you ever actually complemented on a change made by blizzard.

I would if they made a change which I thought was actually good. Usually though there are two sides to a coin and the bad side tends to way more heavily.

Take LFG. Yes, convenient, it's quick, it's good! But at the same time it destroyed server communities and turned the whole experience of going to dungeons from a fun adventure into a mini-game grindfest. Overal? Bad change in my opinion.

Take talent trees. They are forcing us to choose. Okay, neat, that's a bit more interesting. Downside? Only 6 points, means levelling will be even more boring. Can't really judge this one yet though. What I CAN judge...

Instantly learning abilities as you level up without a need to visit a trainer. Convenient? Yes. But also completely ruining what little experience you had left of living in an actual world of warcraft. BAD change.

Lore? Down the shaitter - with not a single hint of it improving since the focus will be put on Pandaria instead.

The only thing I can actually compliment Blizzard on is that they deliver games when they deem them finished and not because they need to meet a deadline, and a very polite customer support.

Believe me I'd love to compliment them on more. But they are not giving me much of an opportunity.

01/02/2012 13:10Posted by Nesja
You stil didnt fix underwear bug :(

Amongst a whole list of other things. But yeah, FIX THIS ALREADY! My thong looks like it's melting and sliding down my leg!

Am NOT pleased with not being able to use deterrence when carrying the flag in Warsong BG.

Customer service is very good, friendly and helpful.

Be nice if we could have a Ammo pack on the back, seems a little weird taking arrow from you back, with no ammo pack there. For display only just be nice.

To have an option when you join a BG to join at the start. There been so many time were I join a BG half way through or near the end. Be nice to be able to have the choice to opt out and join at start.

01/02/2012 13:03Posted by Takralus
So blues are now "fishing" for these posts that just praise blizz for nothing , you guys are becoming more pathetic with each passing day. Interesting how thousands of topics/posts that tell you what is wrong, how to help fix the game remain unanswered and considering the latest patches are just ignored ...

You may want to re-read my previous post.

While I see you are here posting in casual topics maybe you can help me get an answer from somone. I am trying to find out how one of the spells this games works but instead of answering my post somone moved it to a forum that has never seen a blue reply in...well to long. a total of 3 blue posts? Is it so hard to send a memo up to the team to answer a simple question? Do I have to make a US account to get an answer?
01/02/2012 13:57Posted by Thishici
While I see you are here posting in casual topics maybe you can help me get an answer from somone. I am trying to find out how one of the spells this games works but instead of answering my post somone moved it to a forum that has never seen a blue reply in...well to long. a total of 3 blue posts? Is it so hard to send a memo up to the team to answer a simple question? Do I have to make a US account to get an answer?

They are not obliged to answer, nor is it likely that they will after it being 'demanded' in such a fashion.
It's rather off-topic, but which thread are you referring to?
Interesting how thousands of topics/posts that tell you what is wrong

Thousands of posts are wrong, biased, and/or accurately reflecting the opinions of a minority.
It's a funny system actually, usually ppl suggest something that blizzard will add it to the game 2 years later, and the players that whining about the change THEY wanted,

for example since wow beta people have wanted pandas as a playable race.

Look at them now.

I HIGHLY doubt that the the people who wanted pandas and the people who complain about pandas are the same people.

OT: Yes, I have complimented changes made by Blizzard. But sadly people (including myself) rarely rise their voices on forums like this unless they have something to complain about.
i'm happy with wow atm, when i log on this website i can see 100+++ of thread with complains about diffrent classes and so on, but thats the minority that complains.

Have you considered Specsavers?
Back to topic: Yes. I did and do give them praise when I think they deserve it. Not often enough, probably, but every now and then.

I started out like many other posters, complaining about stuff. Then I leveled up a bit, and began to ... "prepare" my postings. I asked myself why don't I like this? Am I aggravated? Am I disappointed? Am I envious? What is the root cause that makes me dislike this thing or another?

Half of my complaints were taken care of by that, because before I even posted them, I noticed that I didn't have a good reason. So I kept quiet. The remaining half of my postings was significantly improved, because I was now able to provide solid reasoning behind my opinion.

After maybe six months of designing my postings for actual information content, I began to notice that sometimes, rarely, a concept or an idea of mine would sneak into blue postings. Say, they would put out an official request for feedback, and my idea was one of the examples that were up for debate. Or they would explain the reasoning behind a decision, and among the many questions they'd answer, there was one I asked first.

I had no way of knowing if my postings were actually on their radar, but even if it was just a lucky coincidence, I took it as encouragement. I was definitely posting about the right things, stuff that the designers were thinking about at work.

Having been encouraged like that, I tried to step things up another notch. Rather than suggesting minor tweaks to existing features, I began to wonder if maybe some of WoW's problems would require larger, more drastic changes. It was difficult to free my mind from the constraints of the existing game. As a player, you just accept the rules of the game world. I had to change my viewpoint to that of a game designer, for whom the rules are mutable, pliable, material to work with.

I still haven't quite made that paradigm shift. But I did manage to suggest a few new and different things. Some of them did make it into the written thoughts of the Blues. One or two even made it into the game.

However, "my" suggestions are not the ones I praised on the forums. In fact, quite a few players immediately complained about those features after they went live. I still believe in my suggestions, because I had put quite a bit of thought into them before I put the words up on Blizzard's forums. But I also feel guilty that I caused perceived harm to some of my fellow players. (Which is the reason why I will not publicly lay claim to any specific features or mechanics.)

Anyways, I personally know how important it is to get a bit of explicit praise from the players. Designing games is no easy task. You can wreck your mind for months, in order to give the players what they wanted, without breaking the game. And then they complain. :-)

I personally know that the Blues do listen to what we say here. It is up to us to make our writings worth reading. I am honoured that they listened to me; and I am grateful that they were letting me dabble with game design, while they had to take all the blame.