Jewelcrafting issue

Professions
1 2 3 6 Next
Well I`ve been searching for this post but without success.The thing is that we are screwed up and if 4.3.2 is the last patch so we will be until MoP.. We don`t have cataclysm prismatic gem we are behind with 30 attributes and we can`t prospect epic gems + the new prism is awful you only can lose money in term of materials.
Anyone having some information about this issues ,some blues or leaked news ?

/really sad
/agree
Please fix the Chimera's Eyes bonus
This is only the case if you assume that everyone is fully decked out in the epic Jewelcrafting gems. Due to the drop-rate being quite low and the cost to buy them quite high, it is not really feasible that the average player will be able to acquire enough of these gems while the 4.3 content is still current to create an issue. We feel the benefits that Blacksmithing offers balance out very well when compared to the difficulty of obtaining epic gems, as such we do not currently have any changes planned in regards to this.
02/02/2012 16:23Posted by Nakatoir
We feel the benefits that Blacksmithing offers balance out very well

Does it suit blizzard that raid leaders already asked us (raiders) to pay for a race change (worgen) and now ask us to change one of our profession to blacksmithing ?
02/02/2012 16:36Posted by Marcellus
We feel the benefits that Blacksmithing offers balance out very well

Does it suit blizzard that raid leaders already asked us (raiders) to pay for a race change (worgen) and now ask us to change one of our profession to blacksmithing ?

Actually, it means that you get the highest benefit from BS upon having JC, which has pretty much always have been the case, yet this does not indicate that it is the best combination.

Hopefully, it will be better in Pandaria, as Alexstrasza once said, they have so potent gems that 3 of them could revitalize the Sunwell :)
why couldn't you add recipy for "epic jewelcrafter-only gems" that would take epic gems to craft +77stats gems ? JC wouln't have any advantages as long as they aren't fully decked in epic gems and the issue would disappear.

It's still not affecting me as I'm not (yet?) fully gemmed with epic gems, but I would really hate the problem to arise latter on given the time I devoted to collecting jc patterns.
02/02/2012 16:44Posted by Bethan
add recipy for "epic jewelcrafter-only gems" that would take epic gems to craft

This is exactly what I expected to happen when 4.2 launched, I'm still surprised that this is not in the game (yet).
"we know we made the profession sh1t, deal with it"
So for some casual player like me, who has made ends meet and has JC and over 20 epic gems, I will just sit and be in the disadvantage of pay atleast another 20 epic gems cost to go back to blacksmithing just so as to burn through heroics in pugs and wait for MOP to go back to JC?
That makes no sense what so ever. You did make JC gems "stronger" in previous xpacks, didn't you?

As I see it, it just seems to be a sloppy job with a very bad excuse, there are always obvious things going wrong, wich you call "intended".

I have epic gemmed alts, one is a JC, and I spent a lot of cash just to lvl her up to get the advantage from "extra epic" gems. If that was my main, I would change proffessions... So don't come tell us "it won't matter".
This is only the case if you assume that everyone is fully decked out in the epic Jewelcrafting gems. Due to the drop-rate being quite low and the cost to buy them quite high, it is not really feasible that the average player will be able to acquire enough of these gems while the 4.3 content is still current to create an issue. We feel the benefits that Blacksmithing offers balance out very well when compared to the difficulty of obtaining epic gems, as such we do not currently have any changes planned in regards to this.

Wow, are you serious? Well, I am full epic gemmed, what about my JC bonus then? You've allowed a dupe in 4.3., dropping Queen's Garned price to a ridiculous value, so there is no point talking about its price. Okay, I am a blacksmith, so I don't suck so much as any other jewelcrafters without blacksmithing, but what kind of excuse is this? "We have screwed your JC bonus but look, we've screwed your BS bonus as well, so you should be happy with it!" — I am not okay with it.

This is just not true, any semi-hardcore guild will sort this one way or another, buying gems and selling runs to firelands just as an example.

The avarage player also doesnt care about blacksmithing being ahead and jewelcrafting being behind if you wanna use that excuse. I know i would gain from dropping my JC for BS and this seems flawed design, in the end all non-farm professions (jc/bs/alch etc) should be on par according to your own statements back in wrath.

Scarce right ? Youre on the wrong server....
Thousands of duplicated epic red gems flooded the market ... they were down to 800g per on my server ..
But hey mister blue lets still try keep it a secret that Raovs trade window exploit didnt exist for months.
Lets pretend there arent stocked banks with these.
Hey lets also pretend i didnt buy 180 red epic gems for 1.5k each 2 days ago.
his is only the case if you assume that everyone is fully decked out in the epic Jewelcrafting gems. Due to the drop-rate being quite low and the cost to buy them quite high, it is not really feasible that the average player will be able to acquire enough of these gems while the 4.3 content is still current to create an issue. We feel the benefits that Blacksmithing offers balance out very well when compared to the difficulty of obtaining epic gems, as such we do not currently have any changes planned in regards to this.

You cannot be serious... :P Epic gems just aren't that hard to get, and while I'm sure the 'average' WoW player is a casual Normal mode raider (the entire game's current focus is suggesting that...), it really doesn't justify screwing over your most devoted players. :/

It's not a horridly big issue, no, but it's big enough that it matters - And the attitude is making it worse.

I wonder. Is it really so hard to add +20 stats to each profession bonus to match that of Blacksmithing? I don't see a balancing issue in this as everyone will get them and be equal.
I wonder. Is it really so hard to add +20 stats to each profession bonus to match that of Blacksmithing?

Ive underlined the each profession, cos thats the bit i was wondering about.

I looked and couldnt find any of my other professions buffed by 20, why is it jewelcrafters who are so special that they are the only ones to complain about losing these stats?
it is not really feasible that the average player will be able to acquire enough of these gems while the 4.3 content is still current to create an issue.

What about the better than average guilds where most players are epic gemmed ? Should they be forced to reroll BS to be competitive ?
02/02/2012 17:01Posted by Фейсролочка
Wow, are you serious? Well, I am full epic gemmed, what about my JC bonus then?

Grats.

You are one of the VERY VERY few people here that actually suffers with the issue of a BlackSmith having a higher profession bonus than you.

And because you are a minute exception, it's more balanced to keep it this way.
"This is only the case if you assume that everyone is fully decked out in the epic Jewelcrafting gems. Due to the drop-rate being quite low and the cost to buy them quite high, it is not really feasible that the average player will be able to acquire enough of these gems while the 4.3 content is still current to create an issue. We feel the benefits that Blacksmithing offers balance out very well when compared to the difficulty of obtaining epic gems, as such we do not currently have any changes planned in regards to this."

i have wrote a post about this before and tbh you need to look into the game more if you think people are not fully epic gemmed yet, all people do is run alts through DS for gems, alot of people that dont raid like most guilds sell their epic gems. this means that most raiding guilds have full epic gems in their gear, i could also buy the rest of mine to be full epic. just fix it you knew this was going to happen, we pay to play and for you to suggest that we change our proffessions just cause it to hard for you to fix well sucks.
if you think that jc isnt worth fixing then why dont you ask all the people with jc and change their proffession to BS and max it for them. most people i know are full epic gemmed already, some even have their offspeccs fully epic gemmed also