blizzard ... trolling since vanila

Customer Support
today i managed to down deathwing and get the much needed dagger drop off him, as i was the only rogue in the group i was 100% sure to win on a need roll... however, clicking need crashed my game.. i logg on after 4 minuets of wow errors spamming my computer to find i didnt win... i did however manage to take a picture of this crash though not sure where to post it and not even sure if ill have this item given to me by a Gm... all i know is ill have to wait another 7 days to have a chance at it and it probably wont drop or someone else will win... Gz blizzard, trolling since forever.
11/04/2012 17:11Posted by Hldden
today i managed to down deathwing and get the much needed dagger drop off him, as i was the only rogue in the group i was 100% sure to win on a need roll... however, clicking need crashed my game.. i logg on after 4 minuets of wow errors spamming my computer to find i didnt win... i did however manage to take a picture of this crash though not sure where to post it and not even sure if ill have this item given to me by a Gm... all i know is ill have to wait another 7 days to have a chance at it and it probably wont drop or someone else will win... Gz blizzard, trolling since forever.

Not sure how your client crashing has anything to do with Blizzard.

But if you won the roll a GM will be able to give it to you.
tbh the crash was probably on your side, caused by addons or something
you could open a ticket and explain to a GM what happened and you might get the dagger
but as i said, chances are the fault was on your end
I didn't win

You can open a GM ticket, however it's very unlikely you'll get the item if your game crashed so you couldn't click need.Try resetting your UI in case an addon caused the crash on clicking need, make sure your addons are up to date and run the repair tool just in case.

Reset UI - WTF, Cache, and Interface folders & Repair Tool
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900641315#3
have no addons at all, and i've asked in guild people agree that their game also freezes and becomes unresponsive during cutscenes in the dragon soul raid.
12/04/2012 14:37Posted by Hldden
have no addons at all, and i've asked in guild people agree that their game also freezes and becomes unresponsive during cutscenes in the dragon soul raid.

And there are hundreds of thousands of people without the issue :)

Likely it could be caused by a subset of video decoding software, also the cinema is played before you can loot the "chest" to my recollection, so i can't at all see how you could get to a roll box without the cinematic.
In any case, your best bet is to open a ticket and explain the situation. It's possible that we'll be able to verify what happened and restore the loot for you.

If you continue to crash during raids and you're certain that you have absolutely no addons whatsoever, please post the crash information (the window of error text that appears) on our technical support forum and seek assistance there.
thanks irylinne, i managed to capture a screenshot as it came unresponsive just as extra proof needed to show this :)
12/04/2012 19:44Posted by Hldden
thanks irylinne, i managed to capture a screenshot as it came unresponsive just as extra proof needed to show this :)

Screenshots aren't accepted as proof for obvious reasons. Any verification is done via their internal logs.
thats good then - saves me hassle uploading things :)