If you could change 1 thing in WoW.

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 17 Next
Merge servers.......
I'd revert everything back to TBC... But keep Transmog. Transmog is like the only good thing to come from Cata.
I'd remove the automatic group stuff (LFG, LFR), I figure initially there'd be people quitting but in the end a greater sense of community would return to realms as well as "real" guilds. Accomplishing anything would become more of an ...accomplishment... again as well.

(I came back after a break after early Cata and EVERY serious raiding guild on my realm has gone, some dated back all the way to WoW's release. If that doesn't make some alarms go off then it's hopeless I guess...)
Quests are no longer faceroll. More challenge, longer quests, same XP gains. Might not seem urgent, but this is what I see in the game that honestly feels broken, like even vanilla felt more like a game when you were questing.
-bugg all blood dk gear and change their stamina and strenght stats to +1
-remove flying mounts
-give everyone a free realm change / character change once a year
-merge low populated / unbalanced servers
15/06/2012 11:44Posted by Valgas
Remove all the expansions to go back to vanilla

Good thing you and the likes of you are not in charge then. Newsflash, you can never recreate the past. Vanilla was broken, tedious, filled with unpolished mechanics. The one thing making it special was that it was new. To someone else ( me for example) that feeling came from WOTLK, or TBC, or even Cataclysm these days. It can never be recreated and moving backwards is ALWAYS that, nothing more.

On topic:

I would put myself as the leader of everything concerning the production of WoW for 1 day, force changes and then resign my position making them bound by law to never change it back or destroy it again in the areas I altered :3 (one of those being to never heed to the whiners wanting flying mounts removed). I'd also make sure to give my character every mount that's ever existed and ever will be before resigning :D.
If you could Change One Thing??

Think the question should be rephrased to "How many things would you change. For me the list is endless.

-None of the TBC influences.
-Get rid of DK's
-Remove flying machines or mounts, a big error by Bizz
-Make Mechostriders a gnome only mount.
-Make all the bosses the same sizes height as their corresponding races.
-Although it not released yet but get rid of those pandas in MoP

And finally this is a biggy get rid of all players who have made fun of gnomes!!

But to answer the original question. It is easy. Drop or remove the subscriptions
15/06/2012 21:31Posted by Alayna
(I came back after a break after early Cata and EVERY serious raiding guild on my realm has gone, some dated back all the way to WoW's release. If that doesn't make some alarms go off then it's hopeless I guess...)

"I have experienced something, this must mean this experience is global and a fact in every case!!".
15/06/2012 23:03Posted by Littlemajik
-Get rid of DK's

Why do players so often demand the removal of things they consider broken? Don't they realise how averse devs are to undoing something they put much work into? Sorry, but demanding removal of a game feature, rather than rebalancing it, just shows that you're angry and haven't thought it through. It's like you're losing at a board game and you flip the table.
One change:

Make so that mobs get upscaled in strength (above it's basic level), when player have leveled passed them. Making mobs to 'some sort of heirloom-mobs that scales with player-level".

I don't have a clue how this scaling should be done though. Perhaps it is enough that hit-rating and strength and the armor is increased for the mob, when the mob attacks the higher leveled player? I don't know.

XP-gaining would still stop as normal, above the 7-8 basic levels the mob has.

This suggestion is so that lower level mobs don't remind of "critters" after player have leveled up, but don't need to be upscaled fully. I think it make zones a bit more "even" playerwise, if wanting to quest in lowerlevel zone it has just a little bit more point in it.
15/06/2012 23:08Posted by Gwonam
Why do players so often demand the removal of things they consider broken? Don't they realise how averse devs are to undoing something they put much work into? Sorry, but demanding removal of a game feature, rather than rebalancing it, just shows that you're angry and haven't thought it through. It's like you're losing at a board game and you flip the table.

It was balanced before Wotlk, so removing DK would not effect it. In my opinion the DK was a hype to sell the expansion.

They are not needed they are a bad idea and ott. Think it be similar to the up and coming "Kung-Fu Shaolin Monk Panda" Not necessary for the game
15/06/2012 23:15Posted by Halogeen
I don't have a clue how this scaling should be done though

If Anet can manage it for Guild wars 2, I'm sure Blizzard (much bigger) could do it as well. In GW2 I could run into a level 1-10 zone and not be any less challenged by the mobs there than I would be in the level 30 zone that I had just left. I think that Blizzard needs to do something about their static world. I don't KNOW they will, but I think it would add another level to the game to make it a world of warcraft, not instances of warcraft. o.O
blizz's attitude, back to how it was in vanilla
15/06/2012 23:18Posted by Littlemajik
They are not needed they are a bad idea and ott. Think it be similar to the up and coming "Kung-Fu Shaolin Monk Panda"

"I don't like something, I think it should be removed to please me. Nevermind everyone else disagreeing with me that would be affected by my selfishness".

That's what I read :).

If you have such a problem with the P.A.N.D.A.R.E.N, then don't roll the monk class and/or a pandaren. Problem solved. They're no more or less silly than gnomes.
15/06/2012 23:22Posted by Krísto
blizz's attitude, back to how it was in vanilla

They've grown with the market and the competition. If they reverted back to "Vanilla" (I prefer chocolate), they'd probably not stay on top for long. Of course what "attitude" they have seems to depend on the player you ask as well.
15/06/2012 23:24Posted by Rorcanna
They've grown with the market and the competition. If they reverted back to "Vanilla" (I prefer chocolate), they'd probably not stay on top for long. Of course what "attitude" they have seems to depend on the player you ask as well.

I prefer Raspberry Ripple.

Though I expect those (myself included) who prefer the feel of vanilla might have given up by now, even if the game's expansions from lvl 60 to 90 were in-keeping with the original feel, as it been several years since it was released.
I would make Blizzard start careing about the Cheating going on in the game and atleast attempt to stop it.
But to answer the original question. It is easy. Drop or remove the subscriptions

15/06/2012 23:40Posted by Mírion
I would make Blizzard start careing about the Cheating going on the game and atleast attempt to stop it.

Hear Hear

Let's hope Blizzard reads these posts and use them wisely
I have a few things:
Make it less addictive.
Free subs (Wouldn't help the above change :P)
Make is possible to kill your own faction members if they annoy you.
More balanced PvP.
More interesting PvE.
Bring the Lich King and Illidan back because they're awesome.
New faction (Scourge!)
More WPvP.
Less kids playing.
Less/No Athene wannabe trolls that flood my server -.-
Less complaining!
If I could change one thing about WoW it would be for all the people who constantly go on about how they hate the game to go away