WoW in the current state

General
Hello!
i think that the reason WoW is kinda loosing subs at the moment is because of the Content. i mean at the moment we have had the same content for about 7 months i think, nothing has really changed. and it is impossible not to get bored by that in time, i think that even minor things like a new dungeon or some other changes would keep the game interesting, i just came back after like a 4.5 month break and i dont feel to motivated to really play, i dont see the reason to do dungeons or raids since the reason you do those most of the time is for gear and why i dont see the point in gearing right now because we all know that MoP is coming out anytime now, maybe in september or sometime close to that and then all the gathered gear will be pretty much useless.
Well, as you state your self, MoP is just around the corner.

I suggest you farm a ton of gold, or maybe you should try and get some achievements?
Maybe do some Old raids for Transmog gear.

This is what I do.
Yes motivation will most likely be lacking with most players, but that shouldn't stop anyone from thinking out of the box.

There's a lot of things to do, relive and aim for.
Consider what could be constructive for your character in MoP and how you could take advantage of the dead competition at the moment.
There isn't going to be anymore Cataclysm content on the way, this has been confirmed, but there will be the pre-expansion patch (5.0.1) that will be released in a month or two (at a semi-educated guess)

We are in the stages of the pre-expansion lull at the moment however.
The stage where most people have done all they can do, or achieved all they want to achieve and now the content is stale, especially since news coming from MoP beta is around every WoW related forum at the moment making current content seem even more dull than it may seem to some people.

My suggestion? extend your break a little longer, and wait for 5.0.1 the pre-expansion patch to come (the patch that will bring talent/class/system changes and the new pre-expansion event) and then return to WoW and await MoP, this is what i am doing (subs running out this weekend) and i think i will enjoy the new stuff in the game more if i take a little break beforehand.
21/06/2012 12:30Posted by Dariox
i just came back after like a 4.5 month break and i dont feel to motivated to really play,

I have to ask.. why did you come back when you knew that MoP would cause such a situation as you are seeing now? MoP isn't the first expansion, so you should've known how it would be.
How can you say lack of content when you've only downed 5 bosses of DS, and in LFR. Can I suggest you finish DS then go play in the other 3 raids that are available to you.

Oh, and enchant your gear ;)
Hello!
i think that the reason WoW is kinda loosing subs at the moment is because of the Content. i mean at the moment we have had the same content for about 7 months i think, nothing has really changed. and it is impossible not to get bored by that in time, i think that even minor things like a new dungeon or some other changes would keep the game interesting, i just came back after like a 4.5 month break and i dont feel to motivated to really play, i dont see the reason to do dungeons or raids since the reason you do those most of the time is for gear and why i dont see the point in gearing right now because we all know that MoP is coming out anytime now, maybe in september or sometime close to that and then all the gathered gear will be pretty much useless.

Why is your character wearing a dress, kinda weird bro.
Meckina, what if he's like me and couldn't care less about raiding?
Bla bla bla, another thread about the same thing. We all know WoW is dieing... apparently very slowly.
wow isnt loosing sub's , pple only taking break till new exp , stop making the OWH MAI GAWD WAW IS DIEING /feint.....threads
- That pre-expansion "event" will be out roughly 2 weeks before the launch of the Expansion.

- Achievements, old Raids/Dungeons and exploring? Most of us have done that already months ago when we also had a dead period.

- Midsummer festival is the same thing as always, so that's not really going to help either.

The best option right now is indeed a BREAK. Realistically it will take ~3 months before MoP will be released so by then it will be a year of no new content :(

I wonder why they dont release T11 and T13 raids for the LFR so people have something to do at least.