Engineering Gadgets - What you would like to see?

Professions
1 2 3 6 Next
OK I like engineering. Gadgets are fun and some are even useful.

So for example:

The back could be replaced with a mechanical wing which requires you to press a button to make them flap causing lift. In none flyable zones you jump off a cliff and you can glide down :)

Anyone else got an idea ?
Not a bad thread this. Let's see what kind of engineering gadgets you guys can come up with :-)
A self-made portable refrigerator in wich an engineer can chill his potions to get ..% more effeciency...

A self made portable toaster-oven in wich an engineer can keep his food warm to get ..% more effeciency...
Gief Pogo Stick!
What about a mechanical horse as mount?
This item or similar for the new continent would make me very happy.
Wormhole Generator: Northrend
A mechanical spider vehicle like Gallywix had.
It would be mostly a normal (well, let's be honest: incredible awesome) ground mount but you could use the engineering profession while in it ("mounted") without needing any tools or accessories (like anvil, everything built in basically).
I would like to see a update for poor jeeves he got nothing new in Cata

Wouldn't really class it as a engineer only mount i guess but we had the helicopters in TBC i would love something similar in the form of a boat to go fishing on (thinking like the thousand needles boat you get as horde) maybe with some sort of +fishing skill for using it to sit in and fish?

More places for our wormhole's or even more dimensional rippers to travel around with for convenience would be a nice perk as it seems engineering really got ignored in terms of its fun gadgets in cata, sure we got a lootarang but with aoe looting that's now worthless!

will post more when i have time!

*edit*
Just seen the pogo stick idea.....would do anything for that!!
A stealth lookalike gadget, making the user as if it was using camouflage, but targetable, and chance on fail would make him surrounded of smoke instead
Sounds awfully familiar with batman in the cinemas and the legendary daggers use effect:P

I would like to see some more transmorphing/ side-effect items like the area 52 transporter.
A taserlike device for Battle Pet-Taming (increased chance to trap a pet) would be nice.
Trap could get some "electrical charged"-graphics

Make it tradeable so that non-engineeering players can get one, too.
A tesla coil that zaps critters, a radio like the one you can find on the new rocket mounts in the beta, and of course the goblin hot rod. Who wouldn't want a 4 seater mount.
23/07/2012 13:15Posted by Ordhor
A stealth lookalike gadget, making the user as if it was using camouflage, but targetable, and chance on fail would make him surrounded of smoke instead

No if it fails a huge comical telescope arm with a blinking neon arrow pointing at the user, reading HERE comes out of the stealth device (e.g. belt if it's a belt enchant).
I mean this. That would be hilarious.
23/07/2012 13:15Posted by Humewami
area 52 transporter

Regarding the TBC- and Vanilla-Transporters... why are they not granting the random transmute effects to worgen characters? All I can get from those items on my Worgen are the shrinking- and the good/evil-effects.
23/07/2012 13:19Posted by Thedóctor
A tesla coil that zaps critters, a radio like the one you can find on the new rocket mounts in the beta, and of course the goblin hot rod. Who wouldn't want a 4 seater mount.

This x1000000, the Goblin Hot rod would be great, but maybe available by other means. Or even made available in the way the Mechano-Hog was. The Hot Rod is one mount that deserves to be in the game beyond the Goblin start zone at the very least.
hot rod and a shredder/mecha spider(dependin on if ur goblin or gnome engineer) that you can maybe use to gather stuff or so
This item or similar for the new continent would make me very happy.
Wormhole Generator: Northrend

there will actually be a wormhole generator for pandaria, or so, it got datamined iirc.

I could possibly go with an occasional new goggles recipe once higher tiers are introduced, unlike cata, making them virtually obsolete. they don't have too be as powerfull as the new tiers, but perhaps, Ilvl LFR of the current tier or so could work?

also, something to torture critters with, as mentioned with a fun effect, would be cool.
Not gadgets as such, and has been mentioned before, engineers should have their goggles upgraded every raid tier to keep them in line with current content.

Same goes for every profession with personal gear perks. The gear is relevant for first tier, then becomes completely obsolete. This isn't difficult to implement, if you can drop BoE patterns in raids, then it isn't difficult to upgrade profession gear that's a perk and only usable by the character with the profession.

You guys added all those cogwheels and they were used for exactly 1 tier. That isn't really good enough.
A Goblin Rocket Jet Pack with a flying sprint ability but that explodes 15% of the time.

75% Safe, probably

on a good day

also, don't fly near Storm Clouds, the fuselage is pure iron

and don't move much, it uses Hobart Grapplehammer's Doom Juice as fuel