Stay Classy Guild Achievement and Patch 5.0.4

Customer Support
We have a small guild and have been working on the Stay Classy Guild Achievement for some time, to open the 8th Guild Bank Tab. We only have a few races missing at this time to complete this achievement, we should be able to finish by the next expansion date.

My question is about this upcoming Patch 5.0.4. dated August 28th. 2012.
Is the Panda race going to be included in the Stay Classy Guild Achievement in this patch, or only with Mists of Pandaria in September?
Do we have time to complete this achievement till Mists of Pandaria?
20/08/2012 17:46Posted by Demonatrice
Is the Panda race going to be included in the Stay Classy Guild Achievement in this patch, or only with Mists of Pandaria in September?

If what's in beta currently stays through to the live game, then they won't be required at all.

Stay Classy
http://mop.wowhead.com/achievement=5152

It could, of course, change, but the final game doesn't tend to be very different from the last stage of beta.

Good luck with the achievement. :-)
As Treeroy pointed out they currently aren't counted as part of the achievement but that may well change. Pandaren won't be available until September 25th so you have till then at the very least to finish it off.

Best of luck!
Thank you Treeroy and Tiogaradh for you answers, very helpful.
Hello again. So it is patch day and both the panda and monk included in the stay classy. That means we can not complete it. Is it a bug?
Hello again! =)

Unfortunately, it looks like pandaren will be required to get Stay Classy. This could, of course, be a bug; but it seems unlikely considering there is a Classy Pandaren achievement too.
I really hope we don't need them all now. I logged this with a GM and basically they said nothing had been announced but that we may want to do it. But I read this post & the GM reply and thought, ah its OK we don't need it until 25/9. We have one Dwarf Mage that we still need and a guildy is lvl 83 now.

If I have known that it was needed before this latest patch, I would have paid to change my own mage.

It makes no sense to include the Monks now because they are not released until the official MOP patch.
I would continue with the mage as it may be a display thing and you may still get the achievement. And, if you don't, you'll be closer to the achieve in MoP.
I will be taking this up with Blizzard, we were told by a GM that it would not be changing. If it has changed now, then we should have been warned beforehand so we could act accordingly.
Glungoliader
Customer Services
I see that you are after the Stay Classy achievement. Well, like was previously said, there have been no announcements, and I haven't been told anything to suggest anything has changed. And like was previously said, at the VERY LEAST, you have a few weeks left. That is not to say that is all you have, as nothing has been announced :).

I got this reply this week about the achievement. They are saying we still have a few weeks. BUT my guild now has all the combinations and does not have the achievement!
02/09/2012 18:00Posted by Isharra
BUT my guild now has all the combinations and does not have the achievement!

Bummer. I was hoping it was a display problem.
All you can do now, I think, is to mail the senior GMs and explain what you were told in the thread & in the ticket reply & see if there's anything they can do. CSFeedbackEU@blizzard.com
Haghdenebeun
Customer Service Representative

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainments Game Master support staff! I apologize for the delay and I feel that a resolution to this issue can be reached!

I see that you are having an issue with the guild achievement for Stay Classy, since the patch guild achievements has been reported to us more and more recently. We are currently working on resolving this with the information on hand. If you would like to assist us by adding your input please be sure to use the new in-game 'report bug' feature in your support menu (red '?').
The information, including character and location info, will then go directly to our developers to investigate and hopefully resolve as soon as possible.
All you can do now, I think, is to mail the senior GMs and explain what you were told in the thread & in the ticket reply & see if there's anything they can do. CSFeedbackEU@blizzard.com
I have taken this issue directly to Blizzard Customer Support and requested a Senior Support Person to look into it, because so far I got 3 different answers from 3 different Blizzard representatives.

1st Answer:
"Pandaren won't be available until September 25th so you have till then at the very least to finish it off."

2nd Answer:
"I'm sorry to hear that you were given the wrong information. I've had a look at the thread in question, and while they did say that it was subject to change, it did seem to indicate that the achievement itsefl wouldn't change till then.
However, unfortunately it has, as all the changes for the new expansion happened in this patch, and sadly there's no way for us to reverse it. All we can do in this situation is apologise for the mixup, and wish you the best of luck with getting the new version of the achievement."

3rd Answer:
"To help clear up the confusion the Pandaren are not available until MoP launches. However they are available to everyone even if they have not upgraded there account but only after the MoP release. I hope this clears everything up got you."
(I don't understand this answer, I can only guess that he/she didn't understand the question)
You finally mailed CSFeedbackEU@blizzard.com? Hopefully you did so 4 days ago when it was first suggested as you would be working your way up the queue nicely.

Good luck.
Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment regarding this. I apologize for the wait, we are experiencing a larger than normal ticket volume. I had a chance to go over the issue here and I think I can help. ^_^

I appreciate you taking the time to report this to us. This is an issue that we are fully aware of, and are currently working on. If you would like more information about when this will be resolved, please check our patch notes.

Remontgomael GM 14/9/12

thank you for contacting CSFeedbackEU@blizzard.com.

Having looked into your issue and also the response, I can confirm that you can't achieve the "Stay Classy" Achievement at the moment with the changes being introduced by Patch 5.0.4. This has two different reasons I would like to explain further.

1. A previously completed "Classy Worgen" Achievement does at the moment trigger "Classy Pandaren" within the Meta Achievement. This is a bug and was addressed by our developers. Without being able to make promises, I have my fingers crossed for you that this is being fixed with the Release of Mists of Pandaria.

2. Patch 5.0.4 also updated the requirements for uncompleted Achievements, thus requiring a Dwarf Monk already. As "Classy Dwarves" wasn't finished prior to 5.0.4, the Achievement needs to be completed once Mists of Pandaria hit the shelves in order to trigger the Meta Achievement.

We do understand that you were looking forward to your 8th guild bank tab and put a lot of effort into completing this Achievement. Regrettably due to the changed requirements, we are unable to assist you in this matter.

Dennis H.
Senior Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment Europe 15/9/12

Two different answers received within a day. Completely confusing. I still think that changes like this should have been included in the patch notes so guilds like ours were aware beforehand. But we only need a Dwarf Monk which we could race change to or make, so we don't need all the other combinations I presume

Anyone else enjoying GW2? :p
according to the achievement on your guild its still saying you require a worgen rogue
18/09/2012 06:17Posted by Isharra
Anyone else enjoying GW2? :p

I was until I hit the level 70+ grindfest zones with respawns from hell and bugged events..

18/09/2012 07:31Posted by Heatwaves
according to the achievement on your guild its still saying you require a worgen rogue

But they have an exalted worgen rogue in the guild.
18/09/2012 07:31Posted by Heatwaves

Its a known bug, we have it already and the gm says its going to be fixed in part 1. (IF he can be believed cos I am tired of GM's telling me different stories about this!)
Thank you for contacting wow concerns, I apologise for the time it has taken to reply and appreciate your patience.
Ok, so this has been a failure on communication on our part. I am sorry for that, that’s our mistake.

On 21 August you contacted us, asking if the achievement criteria would change with 5.04, or with MoP itself. The Gm who contacted you back, replied that nothing had been announced on that. We take a very form stance of never commenting on future content – as well as this being an unfair hint if information is given to only one player, it also runs the very, very real danger of being wrong – we change things a great deal quite quickly coming up to launch, and by answering such a hint request, we could very easily misinform.

You replied to this contact, quoting the forum post. Your GM Glungoliader, replied that he did not have any information on that question, as nothing had been officially announced.

The problem here is the forum post itself. Forum Rep Tiogaradh commented on another players post, and make a statement based on that players assumption from his Beta experience. This post is not very clear in its meaning to me, but it reads to me as misleading. Again, we do not comment or give hints on future content, so the correct should have been “nothing has been announced yet”.

I do apologise for this misccomunication, and will be looking into it further with our forum reps.

To answer your query specifically – the achievement criteria changed with 5.04, and so was un attainable until MoP launched. If asked the saem query before 5.04, our answer should have been that we could not answer it, as nothing had been officially announced.

I know this has been frustrating for you – you saw a window of opportunity closing o get an achievement, and tried to get it done in time, asking for a hint on how long you had. If any of your guild performed race changes or transfers in an attempt to get this achievement, and now want it reversed and refunded, they can contact us mentioning this communication problem, and we will see what we can do. The sooner they do this the better, as we are not always able to do so, but the sooner after making the payment the better.

Lastly, I want to apologise once again for the confusion and miscommunication o our end, through that forum post.

I do hope you are enjoying Pandaria!

Best regards,

Brian M
Senior Gamesmaster