Is line of sight...removed?

General
I'm having a sort of freak out here.

Today in Warsong gulch the enemy team could attack my team while we were sitting on the graveyard (This also enabled melee characters with a leap or charge ability to climb up to us, which also sucked) and vice versa. Enemy NPCs can attack me through opbjects with ranged abilities and I can also fire spells/bullets/arrows THROUGH objects.

I -seriously- hope this is a bug, it just makes no sense why stuff should be able to go through walls, trees, pillars etc so long as you can target the enemy.
Some things you can shoot through, others you can't. You've always been able to attack up a hill like the wsg gy
I'm -pretty- sure you couldn't attack someone on the graveyard if they were in the middle or further back and you're at the bottom. And I've never seen melee characters suddenly manage to get up the WSG GY without going around.
It hasn't been removed. I suggest you report it to Blizzard to address the bug.
You have been able to attack up to the graveyards ever since the graveyards got lowered from the base level (long time ago now).

Broken as hell, but then the whole BG is broken as hell when it comes to line of sight.
I think its a bug too, was holy shocking stuff through huge boulders and like "Hold up.. Can I shoot through walls now?" I assume it is a bug. Yeah.
08/09/2012 14:50Posted by Veya
I think its a bug too, was holy shocking stuff through huge boulders and like "Hold up.. Can I shoot through walls now?" I assume it is a bug. Yeah.

Double checked, in MANY areas and objects LoS is indeed bugged. Can only assume it's a bug as the patch notes mentioned nothing.

EDIT: And well, I blacklisted WSG for a reason. :P But even so I can confirm LoS is bugged in a wide number of objects and locations.
It has always been like this. You can shoot through parts of terrain, trees etc + channeled spells can hit through pretty much everything aswell as long as you start casting when someone was in LoS.
08/09/2012 14:58Posted by Locuz
It has always been like this. You can shoot through parts of terrain, trees etc + channeled spells can hit through pretty much everything aswell as long as you start casting when someone was in LoS.

Eh...pretty sure I couldn't kill an owl in Nagrand while standing BEHIND a massive tree, targeting it then shooting THROUGH the tree. And the owl logically speaking was never in Line of sight.

Even through giant LoS Rocks that you generally can't shoot through? e___e
08/09/2012 15:12Posted by Veya

Even through giant LoS Rocks that you generally can't shoot through? e___e

That's the thing, the rocks in most of the battlegrounds are to combat Line of sight. So no idea why you can shoot through them now.
08/09/2012 14:58Posted by Locuz

Incorrect. It has always been possible to shoot through specific textures (like the rocks in the middle of wsg), because those didnt have collision detection.

The wsg gys however, had some measure of line of sight protection. It was previously impossible (as others above pointed out) to hit someone standing in the middle of, or near the back of one of the gys. Etc.

I noticed however that recently you can be hit from ANY point and line of sight wont interfere at all. It's extremely annoying, because where you could previously break the other team caping you, its now impossible to avoid being instanta killed, as you got no where to run.

To say it again: previously it was only possible to shoot through objects if they didnt have collision detection for whatever reason.
This included the wsg gy hills.

It no longer includes the wsg gy hills.
What's really funny:

Years ago I ran a WoW realm emulator to try stuff out that I couldn't in game, and that emulator had an option to generate terrain height maps or something, and that resulted in better line-of-sight detection than I've ever experienced in the official game. It was realistic, as you would expect.
Most objects are bugged, it seems. I'm not sure if you ever could shoot trough the tree stumps in WSG - getting killed trough them almost all the time, oh and charging up the hill was possible even before the GY nerf.