Explain to me why questing is fun?

General
Do you get challange from it? Because so far I'm 1-3 shotting quest mobs and facerolling dungeons.

Why you want me spend 1 month irl time to lvl up to 90 without having any challange? Why spend 1 month to actually play this game? Like doing endgame raiding/arenas/rbgs?

And don't tell me it's learning progress?

I learn this class better by playing 6 hours at lvl 90 doing arenas more than I learn from questing 1 month irl time.
I enjoy the changes of scenery and mob types - for instance you level up in a marsh for a bit, killing insects, and then you move up to leveling in a desert and killing dwarves or something. I actually expected to be terribly bored questing in MoP, but so far Ive had great fun.

It doesnt take too long to level up your character, and definitely not as long as it used to. Not to mention that there is no hurry to get level X now, just train when you feel up to it and do something else when you dont.
Questing is fun if you like the story element of the game, in my opinion.
It's not so much about being super challenged and excelling with your skills, but more about exploring the landscapes of Azeroth and diving into all the story and lore there is, and getting immersed into the fantasy universe that Warcraft happens to be.
It isnt fun.

I learn this class better by playing 6 hours at lvl 90 doing arenas more than I learn from questing 1 month irl time.

That is you though. There are people out there who like the story, the lurning curve and the ability to try out all their spells and moves on the way up to 90.

Not everybody is willing to jump into arenas at 90 just to learn what they should have done on the way up. Plus, isn't that asking a lot of your arean team buddies if you come in not knowing your own char and their capabilities.

The journey is the fun part.
Do you get challange from it? Because so far I'm 1-3 shotting quest mobs and facerolling dungeons.

Why you want me spend 1 month irl time to lvl up to 90 without having any challange? Why spend 1 month to actually play this game? Like doing endgame raiding/arenas/rbgs?

Maybe remove all the looms and you'd not 1 shot mobs?
I like to quest because I like the lore, exploration and good scenery. These things make me feel like a part of the role playing aspect of the game. Although I never role play with other people, I role play and imagine stories about my character when playing alone, and questing is the best part of it.

It never was about learning the class or get any challenge. It's for the pleasant relaxing part of the game where you don't pursue any goals of progress as we usually do, but rather let the game take you somewhere.
Admitadly not tried MoP questing but at least with an area of molten front i had a bit of variety in what to do and i got to play my class while sitting in queues for dungeons, not a pvper myself since i stopped playing my lock.

If mobs are really dying in 1-3 shots though then thats just part of the blizzards "No moron left behind" policy in action and really ought to be adjusted somewhat.
Ok so basically I understand lore and scene etc.. But if you done them 2x times? Why want do it more.

It's pain to create 3rd alt just to do some arenas/rbg etc..

Also no looms on this char.
Ok so basically I understand lore and scene etc.. But if you done them 2x times? Why want do it more.

It's pain to create 3rd alt just to do some arenas/rbg etc..

Also no looms on this char.

But if you don't fancy questing, just level up through some of the other venues. You can do dungeons or battlegrounds instead if they're more to your liking. You don't have to pursue the path of questing in order to level up :)

But as to why some would go through the questing experience several times, well then it's similar to reading a good book I guess. You can easily read it more than once and still enjoy it.
To end this thread:

Having fun is a subjective thing and so individual as the human itself. You can not create an accurate pattern.

If you see you have no fun with it, why do you do it? Heck why would I force myself to do something just to create an illusion of having fun?

If you try to digg and digg and digg deeper into this (what is already not real and a) fantasy, you will end up with a solution to your "problem" and continue your gaming and have fun whilst questing. But I assume this idea that was created then of sheer.. boredom/frustration (?) would by anything far from rational and healthy.

Do
what
you
want
and
dont
care
for
other
people's
thoughts.

At the end you will either way to what you want. Why give a damn in the first place? Just to see that someone thinks similar like you? Of course, there are thousands who dislike questing, to some extend even me. But does this help you? Nooo.
In my opinion creating so much and so big questing zones are waste of resources. Devs time could be better spent elsewhere -> like more endgame content, where people spend most of the time.

Questing zones has no future, everyone hates them and everyone wants to get to level cap asap, so they will end as ghost towns no matter what. You either add an real content to them, like world bosses, reasourses wars, world pvp points, or simply dont make them so big and painful quest grind.
In my opinion creating so much and so big questing zones are waste of resources. Devs time could be better spent elsewhere -> like more endgame content, where people spend most of the time.

Questing zones has no future, everyone hates them and everyone wants to get to level cap asap, so they will end as ghost towns no matter what. You either add an real content to them, like world bosses, reasourses wars, world pvp points, or simply dont make them so big and painful quest grind.

Yes, but people are used to this kind of questing. And Blizzard's marketing-department is playing it safe. Like all people who care for money. They calculate in terms like "People like what they are used to, so they come back for the same - we just have to make it up in a new way" (with a sidenote that says, it will always be the same in the end).

Heck yes I also want an intuitive and fresh new gameplay - style in a MMO. But when will that finally happen in quality?? Look what diverting (short living) junk was put out in the past.. why are we all coming back to World of Warcraft sooner or later?

Because the foundation is right - but there are sooooooooo many things who get us bored and away again. But Blizzard does not seem to see them!!! And they have have been discussed over and over again! It is fact that this requires a certain amount of courage to make these steps if you want to create something totally new - Blizz is scared here.
Questing is fun if you like the story element of the game, in my opinion.
It's not so much about being super challenged and excelling with your skills, but more about exploring the landscapes of Azeroth and diving into all the story and lore there is, and getting immersed into the fantasy universe that Warcraft happens to be.

This very much sums it up for me. Questing became boring though, until Cataclysm (actually earlier, patch 4.0.3a) was released. Questing is way more fun to do.

I like the scenery, the mobs, the environment, especially the awesome music. Another advantage: you can work on your professions (this latter is very hard when you mainly play dungeons where there is almost no materials). Many characters that did dungeons suffered from this. They got good gear, but their professions are hopelessly behind the char level.

Questing also teaches me about he lore. You don't kill mobs for no reason; there is always a reason why you must go somewhere and do things the NPCs want you to do.

Dungeons are boring sometimes. They are seldomly changed, although Blizzard is paying attention to the Vanilla (15-70) dungeons.

To put it short: WoW is way more than knowing how to work in a team, slaying mobs and bosses in dungeons. The game has just way more to offer than that.
Because it's an MMORPG, and that's how it.. you know, works.
To be blunt, given the question you have just asked, for you it isn't. Either plow through knowing that the Raids and dungeons at the end will entertain you or find another game that does entertain you.
2-3 shotting mobs? What game are you playing were I am the mobs have 500k HP and have attacks that hit me for 50k and stun me if not interrupted(talking about them annoying sha at the temple of the red crane in the Karasang wilds).

WoW is an MMORPG. Doing storyline quests is a form of single user roleplay that I do when I'm not doing things with other players. I enjoy doing the storylines I haven't done before or did so long ago on a different alt that I don't remember the details.

Dailies are different, those I do to earn the resources I need for building up my character and they get to be a bit of a chore but the designers have made some effort to change that and add more variety and randomness in MoP, which promises to be good.

Apart from the storylines the best thing about doing quests is that I get to see and hear the world that the designers have created from many different angles. That in itself is most enjoyable.

I would probably enjoy PvP too if I could do it "seriously" but I have arthritis and the constant rapid key pounding hurts my hands. I can just about do unrated content like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad.
TBH I generally level these days doing random dungeons and BGs, because after many years, I find the questing tedious (whereas it used to be challenging - mobs could actually kill you if you weren't careful!!)

I used to be a PvE player, but have evolved to PvP as the PvE environment has become somewhat jaded through overuse, having levelled many toons, and it is just not challenging or engaging any more.
Basically we HAVE to do quests because put simply....They're the main ingredient of games of this genre!
Don't remember the days when these games were only played on a board with dice etc? Well the developers and many of us do, and questing was (and is) an integral part of the whole experience!
These games were adapted for the computer age, but unfortunately they didn't take into account the spawn of impatient, selfish,"cba", mega fast levellers of todays computer savvy generations.

Blizz try to stick to the origins of the games genre, which for many of us is just fine and dandy, even though we may hate questing, especially if you want more alts and have to do it all over again multiple times, But we KNOW the game is based on this stuff and if we don't want to do it then we go play battlefield 3!
What you're asking here is kind of like stopping the use of bullets in BF3 because "snipers spawn camp and i can't move 10 feet without dying over and over"!
You'd kill the game genre....understand?