do ww monks suck in pvp?

Monk
I'm 89 but I regularly get owned by players of my level or even 1-2 lower. It seems to me, and I feel like I know other classes, I don't have much on warriors, hunters, mages, ferals and rets. Is it correct or does it get better at 90?

Roll is horrible.
Warriors and hunters are extremely OP right now, the other classes will be balanced at level 90 when you start to get PvP gears. Hopefully the warriors and hunters will get nerf soon. And also our damage is a bit weak. We need a little buff to our damage.
They need to fuse Tiger Palm and Jab together and give us more burst. Taking down Paladins or DKs is almost impossible.
why do I do with being kited? I miss one roll and it's gg and I consider it to be rather easy to miss...
just got my answer by browsing arena ratings, there is no single ww monk in first 200 teams, didnt bother to look further
12/10/2012 22:19Posted by Nikøla
just got my answer by browsing arena ratings, there is no single ww monk in first 200 teams, didnt bother to look further

And what battle group did you look at?
Monk has a pretty high skill cap. Once people learn to master it I think we'll see plenty of monks at higher ratings. Currently everyone suffers from the hunter / warrior infestation.
I can take any melee class with cds, even warriors, only warriors give me a real challenge because of their stupid burst right now, without cds it's impossible for me to kill a warrior.

My dps in arena usually is 15-30k, crits are up to 60-90k.

Many people are still learning this class, and in the start I thought this class were absolutely terrible, but I see now that this class is extremely fun and challenging.

in arena I am most of the time on my target, this class got great mobility in arena, bgs we get kited a lot, this is not the best class for bg's, that is for sure.

I love that Blizzard intention was to make monk a unique class, as in not "copying" spells from other classes, so they gave us some unique spells obviously, but this isn't always as great as you may think. Abilities such as Tiger's Lust needs to be like Hand of Freedom, it kinda blows it cost 2 chi and we can be rooted instantly again after using it.

Roll can sometimes backfire on you, I experienced this in the start as well when pvping as a monk, but as I have become more experienced I do not experience this anymore.

Like in real life nobody is perfect, just like classes in WoW. :P
I can take any melee class with cds, even warriors, only warriors give me a real challenge because of their stupid burst right now, without cds it's impossible for me to kill a warrior.

My dps in arena usually is 15-30k, crits are up to 60-90k.

Many people are still learning this class, and in the start I thought this class were absolutely terrible, but I see now that this class is extremely fun and challenging.

in arena I am most of the time on my target, this class got great mobility in arena, bgs we get kited a lot, this is not the best class for bg's, that is for sure.

I love that Blizzard intention was to make monk a unique class, as in not "copying" spells from other classes, so they gave us some unique spells obviously, but this isn't always as great as you may think. Abilities such as Tiger's Lust needs to be like Hand of Freedom, it kinda blows it cost 2 chi and we can be rooted instantly again after using it.

Roll can sometimes backfire on you, I experienced this in the start as well when pvping as a monk, but as I have become more experienced I do not experience this anymore.

Like in real life nobody is perfect, just like classes in WoW. :P

Well said, Soku. I had my doubts about monks at one point too, but once I got some experience, I started liking it a lot as well.
WW monk is awesome!! You just need some practice with it as i do too, i seem to pwn all cloth users pretty well and some high armor peeps too just practice, learn a strategy againts different classes and you'll be unstoppable ;)
I agree that I can see monk doing good in Arena with the right set up.

In 1v1 situations you can do really well using your CD's but unless the person I'm up against is very badly geared or plays extremely bad it takes me forever to kill them. If you have no CD's forget about it. It's a must to use expel harm and chi wave whenever you can. It's more about outlasting your opponent.

I haven't played wow in a long time before this but doesn't take any skills to build 3 stacks and use RSK and the damage it does is pathetic. RSK is really the one damage skill we have, BOK damage is pretty bad. After all the CD's are gone and I've survived the onslaught I still can't do enough damage. We get absolutely wrecked when stunned (leather).

A lot of the utility skills are great and fun to use but with the low damage it makes them feel more like a necessity then anything else.

One of the problems I feel is that our talents are quite bad. I use to play a warrior before so I will use that as an example. Their talent tree have several "end game" skills that were the top skills in previous expansions, these are skills that can make a huge difference in a battle. I bet that most people who see a monk in BG's or Arena can hardly see any of the talents choices since they are so insignificant.

Killing a semi geared afk player (even cloth) can sometimes take a very long time.

If you play to many BG's the change to become bitter is pretty big :D

Good luck!
maybe I missed something but really want to see all PROs who typed "WW monks is fine" in 2.2k+. Any bracket. I have every class and have some pvp experience on every class. Not much (around 1800-2000, 2300 only on my mage). But I can definitely say: WW monks is the weakest class now.

1) Horrible survivability. How much time you need to heal urself from 1%hp to 100%hp even if no1 touch you but you in combat? Any hybrid can do that in 3-8secs. Monks need 30+ secs or even more. What we have? Some def abilities against casters. Disarm and touch of carma against melee - good thing. but easy to avoid. And any caster just cc you during this time. And you have exactly zero abilities to avoid cc it if controller far then 15 yards from you

2) Zero default abilities against any snare. Frost mage can easy play with you 20min and you never drop even his barrier. We have a talent that can remove snare every 30 sec! Thats cool! Without it impossible play at all. And it required Chi btw. But what need to do against any other root? Even with 5 chi and full energy? Ranged damage just a joke.

3) Last talent do not provide anything real. Blue cat against melee-shaman wolfs? Shaman will eat you with your boots. 3min cd! About other talent on this line dont wanna even talk.

4) no zerg abilities. BM hunter or warrior can pop all cds and kill you from start in few seconds. What can pop you to kill him for example even if he stay and do nothing?

Usually every class have some classes that they beat easy and "vice versa". I dont know any class with 2k+ exp that can't beat WW monk with 100% garantee. All monks "benefits" easy to avoid. Touch of carma helps only against nubs. Easy to avoid with any CC.

Currently I see absolutely useless hybrid. He do not provide any serious assist to party and can't be "rusher" as well. I didnt checked, but any ww monk+healer can get even 2k in 2s bracket? Any other dps+heal can do that.
actually I found a pretty good comment as well:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5723362327#2