Druid: Heart of the Wild Changes

Druid
While we aren’t always able to provide advance warning when an ability changes, there’s still some time before this change goes into effect, and we wanted to offer affected players a chance to plan their strategies appropriately in the meantime.

The following changes are currently planned for retuning the Druid talent, Heart of the Wild:
  • The spell damage bonus that Heart of the Wild provides to Feral and Guardian Druids will soon be reduced from +500% to +320%.
  • The agility bonus that Heart of the Wild provides to Balance, Restoration, and Guardian Druids in Cat Form will soon be changed to +110%. It was previously +50% for Guardian Druids, and +200% for Balance and Restoration Druids.

Currently, the change is expected to go into effect during next Wednesday’s maintenance.
There will be a maintenance on Tuesday?
1 more night of soloing people in 2s then :)

thanks for the lols while they've lasted blizz
15/10/2012 09:14Posted by Nakatoir
next Tuesday’s maintenance.

*Coughs*
15/10/2012 09:26Posted by Tars
There will be a maintenance on Tuesday?
Monday morning, wake me up please :p
There's nothing better than a Cup of Kafa in the morning!

*Pours hot kafa for Nakatoir*
There's nothing better than a Cup of Kafa in the morning!

*Pours hot kafa for Nakatoir*

I read the last line as "pours hot kafa on Nakatoir".

Hmm, kafa cooked scorpid...
Thanks for this.

Though I hope this isn't the only effort taken in terms of balancing out PvP. Since there is quite a few classes and specs that have turned PvP topsy turvy.

Not to mention that some classes simply don't have a chance of getting into RBGs because frankly, they suck compared to other classes. But I imagine you are aware of all that by now from the feedback in the PvP forums.
While we aren’t always able to provide advance warning when an ability changes, there’s still some time before this change goes into effect, and we wanted to offer affected players a chance to plan their strategies appropriately in the meantime.

The following changes are currently planned for retuning the Druid talent, Heart of the Wild:
  • The spell damage bonus that Heart of the Wild provides to Feral and Guardian Druids will soon be reduced from +500% to +320%.
  • The agility bonus that Heart of the Wild provides to Balance, Restoration, and Guardian Druids in Cat Form will soon be changed to +110%. It was previously +50% for Guardian Druids, and +200% for Balance and Restoration Druids.

Currently, the change is expected to go into effect during next Wednesday’s maintenance.

Nice to see some warning, but I never noticed those numbers were so big, please fix the druids longetivity? Compared to Priest healers, Resto can spam heal forever, why can't priests spam heal? Our mana pool is so broken, I just wish there was some way a disc priest could kill a Resto Druid.
From PvE perspective I weep to this message.
I've in my opinion been a great addition to my raid's effectiveness. It actually gave me a choice for those few moments when no damage is incoming to swap and do some significant damage. If I played my cards right I could actually be great part of something. I love being resto-kitty :(

Of course I see and know it's problem in PvP, but still /sadkitty
From PvE perspective I weep to this message.
I've in my opinion been a great addition to my raid's effectiveness. It actually gave me a choice for those few moments when no damage is incoming to swap and do some significant damage. If I played my cards right I could actually be great part of something. I love being resto-kitty :(

Of course I see and know it's problem in PvP, but still /sadkitty

i feel the same way but then more out of an feral/guardian point of view. loved to being able to actually heal a lot or do ranged damage. problem was though that the scaling was insane. as feral i did more damage with wrath spam then well actually going feral. still the scaling is now more balanced for pvp. so that an resto druid doesnt murder players in a very short time. it is still an dangerous ability. but it just takes longer to pump out the same damage. expect the QQ to continue however
Blizz, we need info about the JC pvp gems, we (pvp-ers with JC) want to know that we should just drop our JC, cause you'll ignore the fact that JC became the worst statt for pvp without pvp stat providing gems or you'll add some pvp JC gems soon, so we don't need to drop our profession for this pathethic reason...
Will it still be a bonus to use HOTW as feral - after the nerf? If it won't be a boost to the dps. I do not see the point of having the ability.
let me get this right the biggest concerns of blizzard is resto druid burst ... maybe its a little bit op but u gotta take a look at other classes and put them in the top of the priorities that are way out of control.
that is just amazed me how they rush to nerf druids everyexpansion ...
Luckily resto spell damage won't be touched. I like that alot :)
Eh, it's not in the final patch notes, has this been implemented now or what?
320% from 500% isnt THAT large a nerf, well still do pretty good damage with this ability.
16/10/2012 12:26Posted by Monsterbaby
Will it still be a bonus to use HOTW as feral - after the nerf? If it won't be a boost to the dps. I do not see the point of having the ability.

It still boosts healing
15/10/2012 21:59Posted by Wearax
Blizz, we need info about the JC pvp gems, we (pvp-ers with JC) want to know that we should just drop our JC, cause you'll ignore the fact that JC became the worst statt for pvp without pvp stat providing gems or you'll add some pvp JC gems soon, so we don't need to drop our profession for this pathethic reason...

I really wonder which profession gives PvP Power or REsilience as a bonus?
AFAIK, all professions boosts the main stats not others and if you look at the JC Gems you can see that there are actually more than just main stats there...
16/10/2012 22:37Posted by Nuvielle
Luckily resto spell damage won't be touched. I like that alot :)

i m happy as well but

16/10/2012 21:27Posted by Druster
that is just amazed me how they rush to nerf druids everyexpansion ...

this....