Why are the 'Character Transfer' fees so high ?

General
16/10/2012 14:25Posted by Ilnora
As long as WoW remains popular, don't expect to see any changes in the price for services like these. If the demand is there, and enough are willing to pay for it, why should they lower the cost?

Because the demand would significantly increase?
16/10/2012 21:58Posted by Gannet
As long as WoW remains popular, don't expect to see any changes in the price for services like these. If the demand is there, and enough are willing to pay for it, why should they lower the cost?

...and - guess what? - that is exactly my point. If it is free, things would get completely out of hand.
16/10/2012 22:25Posted by Kolendaa
...and - guess what? - that is exactly my point. If it is free, things would get completely out of hand.

Not free, my suggestion was to keep this service up to date with this decade, people have alts, making 20 euro per transfer and not per character would probably make blizzard more money, if this is their main concern.
16/10/2012 21:58Posted by Gannet

That would make sense, if there was any competition on the market. Sadly, there isn't. Monopoly. A good thing for companies ;)
To stop people from leaping around realms like Jackrabbits, I would assume. Plus, Blizzard are owned by Activision. And they want profit.
Too expensive I personally used realm transfers two times cost me £30? Sorry but that is an unfair price, but as people are using them it will always stay high.

An automatic service shouldn't ever cost more than half of the game worth A transfer and a Faction/race change is what again? £35? pathetic joke on us and the fools that would pay that amount, if this was so high to stop someone from transferring from one realm to another with items that where cheap on one realm but sold highly on another then this system is broken with the recent release of account wide battle pets.

Personally I might use the service to change my Mage from Goblin to a alliance but that's unlikely due to the price.
Because Blizzard wants to milk you for as much money as they can.