[Troll RP] Darkspear Tribe- Thirteen Years of Troll

Argent Dawn
1 2 3 9 Next
Recruitment is closed. Some exceptions may apply.

Argent Archives: http://www.argentarchives.org/Darkspear_Tribe

Guild Information

With the ancient Sea Witch slain, life looked bright for the future of the Darkspear Tribe, but nothing good is easy. Erratic in his rule, Warchief Garrosh shortly tore his Horde to tatters, sacrificing its 'lesser wretches', Tauren, Goblins and Trolls, in favour of his own, more perfect kin.

But some things do not simply crumble underfoot. Called by Vol'jin, chieftain of the Tribe, the Darkspear answered, spears struck to sky. War came, fought by many, but when the gates of Dranosh fell they rose beneath new banners.

Now a Troll sits upon a Warchief's throne; now blood is paid to Vol'jin.

The future is uncertain for the Horde and all its tribes. The Alliance keeps its careful watch, ever expanding on unsettled borders, whilst, from the stars, old darkness stirs- if Vol'jin's kin will keep their home they pay in spit and sinew.

But nothing good is easy.

The Darkspear Tribe is a troll-based roleplaying guild and community founded in 2005. We're a tight-knit, friendly gathering of tusked aficionados with a diverse cast of personalities-- both IC and OOC.

In general, the only in-character requirement is that your troll was born a member of the Darkspear Tribe. We house a wide variety of roleplayers, and a wide variety of trollish characters- from useless fishermen and miscellaneous villagers, to unscrupulous witchdoctors and hulking warriors. Our roleplay is primarily more casual, laid back and village-based, though we do occasionally spark up a spot of RP-PvP whenever the mood takes us.

• We're happy to accept alts, though we'd love if you popped in a few times a month as opposed to leaving that character to gather dust in our roster. We do kick after a lengthy period of unexplained absence.

• New roleplayers, too, are welcome; we're more than happy to teach you the ropes, even if it's an aspect of WoW you've never tried before!

• From our AA page:

Since our guild is an OOC community, there's no character progression or hierarchy of ranks. Those we have are purely to inform others of your troll's status in society, whether Scum or Villager. Everyone is equal with no order of command; the OOC GM of the guild, like everyone else, is just another member of the Tribe.

Recruitment Information

What are we looking for?

We're looking for Darkspears from all walks of life, whether headhunter or civillian, and roleplayers of all experience levels. Rookies are just as welcome as the old; we house a good number of both within our ranks. Our guild portrays the inhabitants of Sen'jin Village and the Echo Isles, who live there, who work there, who fight for their tribe and their home.

The recruitment process has two steps; a short, OOC discussion about your character's past and an informal, in-game roleplaying session. If successful, you'll be invited for a month-long trial period. You'll get to know us, and we'll get to know you and your character.

However, we generally do not accept non-Darkspear trolls and ((Not a DK IC)) characters. There's nothing inherently wrong with these; we simply want to encourage Darkspear and, similarly, troll Death Knight roleplay. If you're still interested in applying on such a character, please speak to Skreel in-game.

We also tend not to accept adult Darkspears born outside the Darkspear Islands for continuity reasons.

Roleplay and Village Hours:

We're a fairly small, casual and laid-back guild. Events typically aren't fed to members by the officers on a daily basis; all people, no matter the OOC rank, are more than welcome to try their hand at creating plots and events for others to join! As a guild, we frown upon 'spoon-feeding'; the officers are not responsible for filling the calendar with events- members are expected to be able to create their own roleplay. Suggestions and ideas are welcome to be flung at us; we're generally happy to try anything. The development of the characters, and the players, within our community is our primary focus.

The vast majority of our roleplay is unplanned and adventures are often the result of on-the-fly decisions. However, we do list server-wide events on our calendar to both integrate with Argent Dawn's community and, of course, support our fellow allies and roleplayers.

Sen'jin Village Hours is hosted every month. People of any guild, any race are more than welcome to attend; it's open for roleplayers from all walks in life. Although we don't wish to exclude anyone, keep in mind it's set within a Darkspear town; non-Horde alligned trolls (Drakkari, Gurubashi, Amani, Bloodscalp etc.) may be ignored or met with spears, vitriol and hatred.

Campaigns

We sometimes attend campaigns as the IC group Darkspear Coalition. Darkspear trolls outside the guild are welcome join, providing our characters are familiar with yours.

A leader is generally voted for during an IC discussion. They will attend councils, give orders, run events and generally keep everyone updated on current events. This is likely to be an officer or long-term member's character due to the sheer amount of activity and dedication required during campaigns.

Contact us!

To contact us for any reason, the officers you should consider contacting are: Skreel, Ikhanacoatl, Snake, Akalazoo or Yecurzo. Similarly, feel free to toss any calendar invites to Skreel (and only Skreel, please!); we love attending the community's events.

Many, many thanks for reading.
    i am yecurzo and i approve of this message.
    Gidd'ap ta dey top!

Yecurzo abandoned us. Abandoned.

For a week.

Glad to see you back!
    10/10

GG Trolls
    Quite possibly the nicest people on the server.

...no, again, I'm really not being sarcastic, they are that good.
    10/10

GG Trolls

10/10 for that transmog. It's amazing.

Quite possibly the nicest people on the server.

...no, again, I'm really not being sarcastic, they are that good

No, we're not that friendly, honest! Trolls are vicious, savage creatures and certainly haven't been taught about the dictionary definition of 'nice'.

Otherwise, thank'ee millions!
    10/11/2012 14:36Posted by Vasken
    Trolls are vicious, savage creatures

...Vasken can be vicious and savage?

Hm. Well, he certainly can devour his food viciously...

;)
    Gidd'ap ta dey top!

Yecurzo abandoned us. Abandoned.

For a week.

Glad to see you back!

Shhh, that's supposed to be a secret.

I abandoned everyone for a week in L.A.
    ...Vasken can be vicious and savage?

Hm. Well, he certainly can devour his food viciously...

;)

He can be- secretly!

Consider what would happen if food was removed from the equation; who would he eat?
    Try eatin' me, mon, an' I will turn yah into an elf!
    11/11/2012 15:49Posted by Ziyambe
    Try eatin' me, mon, an' I will turn yah into an elf!

'Chu can't turn me into 'an elfeh from inside mi belleh, wo'mon!
    12/11/2012 00:23Posted by Vasken
    'Chu can't turn me into 'an elfeh from inside mi belleh, wo'mon!

Even if yah would succeed, yah dis sure of dat? *puts hand on one of her many Voodoo fetishes*

An' anyway... Ah would be expectin' mons to want to make wo'mons' bellehs full, first.

Dat one be real weird.
    No this one is not allowed to be on the third page >8c
    Stahp goin down >8II
    Yo!

*Nimsil waves at the trolls*

Soooo... when ya gonna drop by n' buy some shizzle?

We just go' these terrific gnome heads, fresh, ou' o' the battlefield... I'm preety sure ya gonna love 'hem.

Besides, we can get ya all sorts stuff! Includin' weapons, armor, clothes, food n' chickens.

Whenvah ya feel like searchin' fo' us? Remember my words: Just look down. We'll be there.

Hehe!

Meanwhile, take this free bump to ya little, trollin' thread,
    Nimsil Quickcoin
    Apologies for fleeing mid-roleplay; I've been procrastinating all over those four essays due for Monday; I'm a terrible student. In terms of events we've g-

Yo!

*Nimsil waves at the trolls*

Soooo... when ya gonna drop by n' buy some shizzle?

We just go' these terrific gnome heads, fresh, ou' o' the battlefield... I'm preety sure ya gonna love 'hem.

Besides, we can get ya all sorts stuff! Includin' weapons, armor, clothes, food n' chickens.

Whenvah ya feel like searchin' fo' us? Remember my words: Just look down. We'll be there.

Hehe!

Meanwhile, take this free bump to ya little, trollin' thread,
    Nimsil Quickcoin

A small note appears tacked beneath the goblin's letter, melded in place by some form of unconventional glue- arguably originating from the strand crawlers lurking across Durotar's vast shores. The writing is near-illegible:

IF YUUO SEL FEESH WEE BIY. WEE BIY FIYNS.

PS: NOME GOOD TOO

- VASCN

Expect some trolls dropping by for merchandise and haggling soon™- thanks for the bump!
    And tomorrow at 19:30 GMT there'll be the long awaited Village Hours that has been remotely empty for the couple of weeks after Panda-invasion. /lament
    16/11/2012 22:33Posted by Mistah
    And tomorrow at 19:30 GMT there'll be the long awaited Village Hours that has been remotely empty for the couple of weeks after Panda-invasion. /lament

I was daft and completely forgot to take screenshots. Thanks a million to those who attended!

Did nab one of Yecurzo attempting to offer the townsfolk of Sen'jin the most questionable of stories a few days back, however: http://i.imgur.com/atsgF.jpg
    The best Darkspear troll guild which lives in Sen'jin village and supports fishing economy, and are savage and vicious worshippers of loa but in a friendly way EU.
    20/11/2012 10:53Posted by Uthmar
    The best Darkspear troll guild which lives in Sen'jin village and supports fishing economy, and are savage and vicious worshippers of loa but in a friendly way EU.

Afhfjs, thank you! Supporting the fishing economy might be debatable, but we appreciate the kind words. \o

Trying to organize a small adventure for next week's Village Hours, apologies for being absent yesterday!