Hide Chat windows macro

Interface and Macros
Im working on this macro to hide my chat windows for a cleaner and less distracting ui during arena, bossfights or whatever. This is what i have so far:

/run RegisterStateDriver(ChatFrame1, "visibility", "hide")
/run RegisterStateDriver(ChatFrame1Tab, "visibility", "hide")
/run RegisterStateDriver(ChatFrame2, "visibility", "hide")
/run RegisterStateDriver(ChatFrame2Tab, "visibility", "hide")

The problem here is that there is no space for my last 2 windows (cause 255 char max) and i need to make 2 macros for hide and show. So i need a way to make it shorter and toggle able.

ps: not intrested in the addon that does it and i use RegisterStateDriver cause otherwise the windows just reappear when im changing stances
/run _CHATHIDE=not _CHATHIDE for i=1,NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS do for _,v in pairs{"","Tab"}do local f=_G["ChatFrame"..i..v]if _CHATHIDE then f.v=f:IsVisible()end f.ORShow=f.ORShow or f.Show f.Show=_CHATHIDE and f.Hide or f.ORShow if f.v then f:Show()end end end
tyvm :D
That was exactly what i ment.

Could u help me with some other problems aswell?
    How do i change my chat font size
    How do i remove the tooltip i get when hovering other players
How do i change my chat font size

/run f=12 for i=1,NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS SetChatWindowSize(i,f) end
Change f for different font sizes. Untested but should work.
How do i remove the tooltip i get when hovering other players

Not sure what you mean. Maybe it's this?
/run GameTooltip:Hide() end
Replace Hide with Show to reverse the script.
thx!

/run GameTooltip:Hide() end

Didnt really work. I ment the tooltip that shows in the bottom right when you mouseover an player, enemy or npc showing the name/level and stuff.

Also do u know how i can show only the enemy nameplates (healthbars) off actual players. Thus removing the nameplates of totems and pets? Thats the last one i swear.
Shift-v removes all friendly nameplates.
To remove just totems and pets, I think there's a names section in the interface menu with the option to disable them.

For the tooltip.... erm. I can't log in right now so I can't test anything, but try this expanded macro:
/run GameTooltip:Hide() GameTooltip:SetScript("OnShow", GameTooltip.Hide) end
Tooltips are notoriously annoying to deal with as the code behind them's so complex.
/run _CHATHIDE=not _CHATHIDE for i=1,NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS do for _,v in pairs{"","Tab"}do local f=_G["ChatFrame"..i..v]if _CHATHIDE then f.v=f:IsVisible()end f.ORShow=f.ORShow or f.Show f.Show=_CHATHIDE and f.Hide or f.ORShow if f.v then f:Show()end end end

Ta vmuch, it works....
Now how do i get it back :S
I believe you can always fall back to:
/reloadui
cant type anything... no box to type in and no cant just type with no box i am afraid...
help pls!!
relogging reset
OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO !@#$ING MUCH!!!!
Guys, How do i enable the Chat window agan? xD
seriously, how can i make a macro that hide/shows chatbox?
Did you read the thread?
It doesnt work for me?
You need just to make a macro with this script - 1 push - hide, push again - show
04/03/2015 07:16Posted by Наркинюкем
You need just to make a macro with this script - 1 push - hide, push again - show

Please do not bump threads that are 3 years old.
04/03/2015 08:33Posted by Turtvaizz
04/03/2015 07:16Posted by Наркинюкем

Please do not bump threads that are 3 years old.

He didn't, the guy above him did x)
Possible to update the macro ? =(

working 05/01/2016 thanks guys!