Bought Game Time By Gold

Customer Support
Hi

Yesterday i bought from a player a code that give you 90 days game time
I paid him 20,000 gold, than i got the key and used it and it got inserted pretty well

i was happy for a while few hours later the days disappear

now im not sure why? because

its not like i bought gold i bought something that blizzard got paid on
and i dont understand why blizzard will take such action without letting me know about it...

anyone have any idea why and care to explain?

my actions are ban able?
Buying gametime for gold is NOT allowed, it's totally against the terms of use - the guy was most likely a scammer and did a chargeback after you paid him and used the code.
It's the way they operate, they use, sometimes, stolen or fraudulent cards to pay for gametime, which means the money isn't paid, so the gametime is removed. Don't ever buy gametime for gold, because you can get in trouble or just plain out lose your gold. You should at the very least report the guy ingame.
so why blizzard write this???

By clicking on “Claim Code” below, I acknowledge that I am redeeming the above code for pre-paid game time for World of Warcraft, and I understand that I am not entitled to a refund.

so how can this scamer chargeback after i used the code its making no sense

edit:

ok i found it

buy or sell for "real" money or exchange gold, weapons, armor, or any other virtual items that may be used in world of warcraft outside the world of warcraft platform;

game card its not vitrual its physical

right? :(
22/12/2012 00:26Posted by Pandå
so how can this scamer chargeback after i used the code its making no sense

He got the code → He contacted his bank → He instructed them not to pay → You used the code → Blizzard tried to collect the payment → The bank refused payment → Blizzard cancelled the gametime
You're not entitled to a refund but you can forcefully issue a 'do not pay/return the money' order from a bank, or if the card was stolen then the bank will cancel charges on it. A chargeback is not the same as a refund.
Refunds are initiated by the company you paid to, if for whatever reason you're unhappy with the product or whatever. Chargebacks are initiated by the person that paid, forcefully, and usually end up with the company not accepting that particular payment method from that card/whatever until the payment is settled again.
Refund and chargeback are two different things.

Refund would be done by blizzard and chargeback by the bank.

And like Nyshae said, someone c.ould just contact their bank and issue a chargeback (this is depending on payment method)

Or it was a stolen creditcard and the real owner is contacting his bank and get it charged back.
so what blizzard can do now? to restore my 20000 gold?

nothing?

blizzard can track the ip of the scamer that sold it to me? right?
If you report him ingame they will likely take action but they won't tell you. I doubt you will recover the gold, regardless, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try. I find it unlikely they will restore your gold as it wasn't a supported transaction.
how the scamer got the code before the paid got verified?

if u buy game card it says if u scratch it and can see the code u cant retune it to the store
so here he got email with the code so what the hell?

it faking sillly ill buy something with my credit card and cancel that card and say it was stolen the company will never leave me untill ill pay what i need to pay

same what blizzard should do and never cancel what already being used

Blizzard makes it easy for scamers...
So basically you want Blizzard to give away free game time because you broke the rules?
Again...if you have a payment done and you go to your bank, a payment to any company, you can say on a whim "refuse this charge" and while that might put your card/payment used on the blacklist of said company, it will work. It is not something that people will normally do as it causes problems. But.. well. You should have made sure whether it was legal or not. Hell, if Blizzard wanted gametime to be bought with gold they'd have probably added something to do it themselves.
i didnt broke the rules he did... he sells it at the trade channel i didnt know its not allowed to buy i thought he dont need it cuz have alot of time and want gold instead

and i thought he have the game card it self the one you scrath and discover the key and also i read this

By clicking on “Claim Code” below, I acknowledge that I am redeeming the above code for pre-paid game time for World of Warcraft, and I understand that I am not entitled to a refund.

so i thought to my self nothing can go worng...

if i get ban from wow is that mean i get ban from SC2 And D3 aswell?
Anyway, to sum it up you will most likely not get reïmbursed of your gold loss. A costly mistake. If you did reported the scammer though most likely the ill-gained gold will be destroyed ^^

In the event that you get banned from WoW your SC2/D3 will be unaffected.
Hi

Yesterday i bought from a player a code that give you 90 days game time
I paid him 20,000 gold, than i got the key and used it and it got inserted pretty well

i was happy for a while few hours later the days disappear

now im not sure why? because

its not like i bought gold i bought something that blizzard got paid on
and i dont understand why blizzard will take such action without letting me know about it...

anyone have any idea why and care to explain?

my actions are ban able?

Blizzard did not remove your gametime because it is against the ToS. The guy you bought it from is a goldseller. They use stolen credit cards to purchase those things and sell them for gold. The second the stolen credit card is locked all transactions bounce and Blizzard never receives payment which is why they remove your gametime. Blizzard also won't restore your gold since it is against the ToS which you accept every time a new patch is released.
22/12/2012 02:46Posted by Pandå
i didnt broke the rules he did...

He did but, unfortunately, so did you. Ignorance of a rule or a law is never accepted as a defence.

Real life items can *never* be bought for gold. Definitely report the guy and you can ask if there's any chance of a gold refund but don't get your hopes up.
22/12/2012 03:12Posted by Zeus
Blizzard did not remove your gametime because it is against the ToS. The guy you bought it from is a goldseller. They use stolen credit cards to purchase those things and sell them for gold. The second the stolen credit card is locked all transactions bounce and Blizzard never receives payment which is why they remove your gametime. Blizzard also won't restore your gold since it is against the ToS which you accept every time a new patch is released.

This is the most likely summary of what has happened. The chargeback is usually triggered when the cardholder realizes their card details have been stolen and used by these individuals that sold you the game time.

I'm afraid that gold is not usually reimbursed for these transactions as buying real world items (Game time codes) for in game gold is against the terms of use which has already been explained.

If you cant trade something via the in game trade window, then the trade is not supported, that's the easy way to determine whether something has scam protection from Blizzard.
i didnt broke the rules he did... he sells it at the trade channel i didnt know its not allowed to buy i thought he dont need it cuz have alot of time and want gold instead

and i thought he have the game card it self the one you scrath and discover the key and also i read this

so i thought to my self nothing can go worng...

if i get ban from wow is that mean i get ban from SC2 And D3 aswell?

Don't worry about being punished for buying the gametime for gold, it is against the rules, but it's a very minor offense, and you lost a lot of gold from it, so basically that, and maybe a verbal warning, should be sufficient.

The guy who should be worried about a ban is the guy who sold it to you.
Hey Pandå,
As the guys have covered buying or selling game-time for in-game gold is against the terms of use, it is very unlikely that the gold will be returned but you should open a ticket and report the player.
I opened a ticket and by the time I got a GM to talk to the scammer was already in a ban and my gold was deposited to his guild which has only 1 player (Him) so he got nothing and I lost 20,000 G

I cancel my subscription for wow because I am mad on blizzard that allow her innocent customers to be exposed to such people and take no instant actions before anyone gets to be a victim of those people

I see a player that post a sell on a public channel for a few hours...
if blizzard noted that. He would have get instant ban or a warring
And that didn't happened what made me think its OKay to do so...
Im not sure why but it happened

Thanks for all who helped me
22/12/2012 16:30Posted by Pandå
If blizzard was smart

If you were smart, you should not have bought it. I know that sounds cold, but you are asking for recompense for something that is against the rules in the first place.