Players going AFK for fights

Pet Battles
Could a Blue investigate this player please:

critter roach called : i Will Bite U
lil Raggy called : i Will Burn U
Jade Ooozeling called : i Will Melt U

This particular player goes AFK as soon as one of his pet misses an ability or if thinks he will lose the fight. It is getting really annoying. I queue again once the fight is finished and i meet the exact same player. Guess, what, he does it again. This tells me he definitely does it on purpose, if he really was AFK, he wouldn't re-queue immediately after he loses. This player deserves a tap on the hand from a GM :) as he is behaving as a child. I am posting this on the forums as this has been happening now many times from the exact same player, not just a couple of times, its been days now. Thanks.
does he use abilities? if not, he's not afk, he's just waiting for the last second on the timer. if you afk the move timer, it auto-passes. he might be trying a bot, or creating a bot, which could explain weird behavior.
No, I have encountered ppl like that too, when they lose they just go afk to make u mad, because each turn takes 30s time and when he still has 2 pets alive you are likely to spend about >3 minutes just waiting for his 30s timer in each turn to go to 0. I am quite sure you could score a couple wins by using 3 tank pets and just go afk from the first minute, since some opponents will probably get mad and leave the fight instead of wasting 5-10 minutes of their game time on crap like that.
It should be an automatic win if the opponent doesn't react for 3 turns in a row or an automatic crit for the opponent if a player doesn't react in any turn.
You can hardly 'discipline' such a player. If you don't want it, implement solutions, like the person said.
How does "report player AFK" in regular PvP work?
Is it solely based on the number of reports or does it trigger a mechanism that checks if there's any activity from the keyboard or the mouse?
How does "report player AFK" in regular PvP work?
Is it solely based on the number of reports or does it trigger a mechanism that checks if there's any activity from the keyboard or the mouse?

The sad truth is that if enough players report you in a bg you will get a 3h suspension even if you've done nothing. I've seen people abuse it in the past to get people banned. Sometimes I see people spam bg chat "spam report xxx hell get a ban XD".
Ran into a guy like this myself yesterday, very frustrating indeed. He picked a pet at the start and then just sat there as the timer expired over and over again. The sad part was that I was experimenting with team set-ups that night, so on that particular fight my team was tank-themed. >.>

But when he saw I wasn't going to forfeit, he suddenly started inputting commands every now and then (mostly stuns, sleeps and feign death, to slow me down even further). Only after the timer was about to end, of course.

Turns out the guy was stupid enough to name all three pets after his own main, so I found him in the armory. And guess what? He has over 4000 pvp victories (5000 is an achievement mark). I really hope he didn't cheese his way to that number using just the AFK trick. That's just not right.

Well, at least I slowed him down that night as much as he slowed me down. And no win for him either! :D

This particular player goes AFK as soon as one of his pet misses an ability or if thinks he will lose the fight. It is getting really annoying. I queue again once the fight is finished and i meet the exact same player. Guess, what, he does it again. This tells me he definitely does it on purpose, if he really was AFK, he wouldn't re-queue immediately after he loses. This player deserves a tap on the hand from a GM :) as he is behaving as a child. I am posting this on the forums as this has been happening now many times from the exact same player, not just a couple of times, its been days now. Thanks.

Oh look, you're running a Fluxfire Feline.

I know many people (including myself) who immediately go afk the moment we're paired up against someone running an FFF. You know it's broken, but you use it anyway, so screw you.

If you'll use something broken but technically legal to gain an advantage, we'll do something unpleasant but technically legal just to **** you off.

Oh look, you're running a Fluxfire Feline.

I know many people (including myself) who immediately go afk the moment we're paired up against someone running an FFF. You know it's broken, but you use it anyway, so screw you.

If you'll use something broken but technically legal to gain an advantage, we'll do something unpleasant but technically legal just to **** you off.

This just covers the people who have a particular distaste for certain pets, though. What about the folks who do this regardless of what they're facing? (And yes, I own a FFF. No, I've never used it in a PvP match, and I don't intend to.)

If AFKing in a BG isn't allowed, doing the same in a Pet Battle shouldn't be okay either.
In PvP I do this, I don't AFK but I always wait to the last second to give a command, it seems to just have a psychological effect so if I have for instance Magical Crawdad I can heal right up within 3 to 4 turns all the while damaging the opponent and taking that 30 secs timer to the edge.

It's a PvP tactic and I use it to my advantage.

Pet Battles can be very tactical, it's like a game of chess! Ok chess is a strong comparison but if you do your pet swaps, pet combos, weather effects and abilities that compliment it can get very nitty gritty
I don't know about you, but when I play chess I'm far more intimidated by an opponent who makes their move in less than a second, than by the guy who sits there and thinks about it for 10 minutes. But that's just me. XD
If you were playing chess without a clock and you would on purpose frustrate me (your opponent) by not making a move for minutes while you could, I would pick your eyes out to gain a tactical advantage ;-).

Seriously, you're just annoying ppl. Great fun.
In PvP I do this, I don't AFK but I always wait to the last second to give a command, it seems to just have a psychological effect so if I have for instance Magical Crawdad I can heal right up within 3 to 4 turns all the while damaging the opponent and taking that 30 secs timer to the edge.

Pet Battles can be very tactical, it's like a game of chess! Ok chess is a strong comparison but if you do your pet swaps, pet combos, weather effects and abilities that compliment it can get very nitty gritty

Players employing these childish tactics should be ashamed of themselves. However, this post makes it abundantly clear why communication between players is disabled.

Players employing these childish tactics should be ashamed of themselves. However, this post makes it abundantly clear why communication between players is disabled.

Sadly, this is probably true. Too bad we can't have nice things.
<snip>

Ad hominem comment. Why am I not surprised?

Please stop posting on this forum if all you are able of are these kinds of posts.
Irish, 30 seconds ain't the problem. It's 30 seconds per round, for a pet battle that may take up to 30-40 rounds depending on the pets being used, which is when it starts adding up.

Most people I know that do this, don't do it to gain some psychological edge (real or not). They just want to frustrate their opponent enough so that they'll leave and give them a free win. You say you still fight after stalling, so that is somewhat different. I'm not here to debate your right to use up the full timer. It's there, so you're free to use it.

But I wouldn't count on other people accepting it as a legit strategy.

Your tactic, while technically legitimate, is an awful lot like AFK-ing, so it's bound to tick people off just the same. People take offense when another person willfully wastes their time. Quite legitimately so, really. It's just rather rude.