low pop server = overpriced items or no items on AH

General
can we sort this out.
been trying to get stuff on my alts to level up tradeskills. it appears there is an entire page of silk cloth on the AH.... all the same person, at 115g for 20, this is beyond rediculous, that is over FIVE GOLD EACH, the same deal for most herbs, even silver bars are over 5G each.
other times there is nothing for days on end.
people are using the low pop to charge excessive prices, because people will want it, and by the looks of it is being botted etc.
we have CRZ, making resources already scarce on low pop server.
please sort this out. i shouldn't have to farm stuff using this char to level up a tradeskill on my alt because it is hard to get the resources on the go (people take all the cloth in dungeons for themselves regardless if they are tailor) and it is low drop rate outside of dungeons.
if we have to share, with other servers via CRZ because server is low pop, then why cant we share the AH.
it makes economic sence.
higher servers with low prices
lower servers with rediculous prices
combine the 2 you get a good mid level price.
and less bots can take a hold of the AH markets
Go farm your own, it's a lot easier now that AoE looting is here.

Uldaman seems best or Dire maul.
Removing CRZ? Like that'll happen. As Dottie said, if you can't afford the mats, or don't want to fund botters (rightfully so), I'd recommend farming your own. It's only cloth you want, so you've got it easy - you don't have to level up mining, herbalism or skinning to collect what you need, anyway.

I've also found the Scarlet places to be very good sources of Silk cloth, by the way. Lv.30-45 places ought to do the trick.
CRZ screwed low pop. realm's economies over... if they weren't already, so made them even worst.

I hope Blizz have the sense of making Resource nodes independent to the realm, in the foreseeable future...
Maybe Blizzard could open a cash shop so people can buy the items they can't get on AH due to low population.
08/01/2013 07:30Posted by Ravness
Maybe Blizzard could open a cash shop so people can buy the items they can't get on AH due to low population.

They'd probably do that, in distant future when WoW goes F2P when subs are down :P
Given Blizzard's current philosophy regarding low pop realms (avoid merges at all costs!!!1), we'll surely see a CRAH soon.

That being said it only takes 4 to 5 hours to farm mats for tailoring 1-525. I just did it myself recently, was actually quite fun looking for the best farm spots and exploring all those new Azeroth zones. Got a few achievements from it aswell.
Seriously?

It took me a little hour to have enough cloths of any range cept cata to do both enchating and tailoring.

Cloths are by far the easiest thing to farm.

As Mojoslim mentions. It takes almost no time to level up fully, farming all the mats on your own. Especially if that mat is only cloth... it bloody drops off every single human mob.

The only trick there is, is to decide wether you wanna collect in dungeons or find a world aoe spot/fast respawn place. Either works........

Mining and herbing might be a little slow, but I highly doubt it was as slow as vanilla. Even if CRZ. But everything else, is as easy as always.
that is my point.
but I want self sufficent alts, therfore i shouldn't have to go on my main to fam mountains of cloth or they feed off each other. i made this post after spending the minutes in SM, but i don't see why i have to, and of course i am thinking about those who don't have a main to farm with.
stuff is EASY to farm, so what is justifying the rediculous price.
that is my point.
but I want self sufficent alts, therfore i shouldn't have to go on my main to fam mountains of cloth or they feed off each other. i made this post after spending the minutes in SM, but i don't see why i have to, and of course i am thinking about those who don't have a main to farm with.

Can't you just farm it on your alt then? It might be a bit time consuming, it can also create immersion. I wouldn't consider buying from the auction house as being self sufficient :|

You can always choose a high pop realm. I sometimes choose a character on a low populated realm just because of the inconveniences that you are describing.
that is my point.

You are not quite logical here. If YOU think farming cloth is not worth it. Why should others do it for you for free?
i never said it wasn't
just saying the prices are a farce for the ease it is to get.
newer players at thel level leving up tradeskills cant just go and farm stuff.
especially if a stack of silver bars is 115g and a stack of slik cloth as 115g, and they have 200-300g for EVERYTHING.

I dont think people should be doing it for free, but I find 5-10g a little excessive for everything level 20-30. everything is this, 5-10g being the price for 1, and me refering to stacks at 115g, but plans, patterns etc, the same 5-10g for rubbish lowbie ones, or in most cases none at all due to population size of the server.
Farm or move servers.

Cheerio.
If prices are that high, imagine instead the insane income he could pull, instead of only thinking of an alt with no farming skills, but just professions to level up.

It goes both ways, if it costs x amount on AH to buy, it will also give x amount in return when selling it.

Its really that simple.

And yes, you SHOULD be farming it on your own unless you can pay what others demand for THEIR time spent.

That you dont want to farm it on yuor main, thats up to you... It just takes longer... just as long as a new player will have to.
Thats been standard practice ever since vanilla.
Prices will always be higher than a newbie can afford. Mainly because the newbies arent the market that the AH is aiming at.
Newbies should just play the game....
08/01/2013 22:22Posted by Phalhunt
just saying the prices are a farce for the ease it is to get.
Then dont buy it, like (hopefully) other players wont, and maybe the guy will lower the price.
(he might think its a reasonable price for someone, maybe powerleveling and can afford a few hundred gold and not having to leave the city).

Your trying to argue some kind of logic about somethings price, which isnt logical, its an arbitrary figure.
Another thing you should be taking into account: we got a new expansion. Most lvl90 players are farming rep and points. I got several stacks of stuff on alts, but atm I cba of putting them on the ah. And i farmed all the leather myself, took a couple of days to get LW and Ench to 600.
And real low lvl's (without high lvl alts). Why should they bother making money. Best is to get to lvl 90 and you can get whatever you want.
yes they are, but i just checked mageweave prices... 25g a stack is the most expensive.
the entire silk market was ONE person putting a stupid buyout, why?
the server i play on has lots of low levels that need this stuff.
I had the same experience. It is horrible. Emerald Dream, horde side.

Everything on the AH was ridiculously priced. Meanwhile my herbs and my leather didn't sell at all. The only way I could make money was to sell freakin deviate fish.

Now I'm on alliance side Emerald Dream, and it's a breeze.

It's horrible to be in an economy where you have to do everything yourself. That perfectly defeats the purpose of having an economy in the first place.
that is my point
and i cant farm random drop patterns plans etc.
of which when they appear cost a fortune.

and you cant sell anything because you don't know how much to charge