if demo loses blood fear we will go back to bein a joke

Warlock
if demo loses blood fear we will go back to being a joke.
normal fear casting is too slow and time gets wasted casting it

its not like blood fear is op it herts us 10% hp every time n 10 sec cd. and its not like fear is that op most classes can counter it with immune effects and iceblocks etc... easyly. and fake castng dont always work due to tiny sever lag etc..( i stop casting and i still get the full counter spelld wtf).
demo has been a joke in arena and rbgs for 2 expantions now it stands a chance n is about to suck again.

id rather have a 12 sec cd on BF than this new BF
myb even 15 sec cd but still think thats too long but id still take that over this new blood fear mellee thing anyday

this new blood fear on a melee hit on next patch is stupid. we need instant fear v healers and casters mainly not just melee.

blizards incompantnce and bad judgement is shocking!
I agree that removing Blood Fear was a bit too excessive on Blizzard's part. If anything it just needed a plain old nerf like an increased CD, or even 5% higher HP cost, not a complete removal (especially when the replacement talent is a joke).

A remedy as I see it would be to make either Howl of Terror or Mortal Coil baseline so we can have both two, because frankly, the new BF is a very poor talent and I don't think many will take it, hence one less CC for the squishy warlocks.
I think the new talent is good, but too punitive. It's like a small safeguard for target switches. I think if they had instead turned it into a debuff on the target that fears them every 4 second for 2 seconds for 12 seconds, we'd have an interesting ability.
30cd on blood fear would be fine, or make blood fear ruduce the cast time of fear by 50% and cost between 0-5% hp

5,2 is a blood buff not a blood fear lol XD

5,2 is a blood buff not a blood fear lol XD

My point indeed.
16/01/2013 16:25Posted by Cobraka
30cd on blood fear would be fine

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
16/01/2013 14:39Posted by Veçt

Demo shouldnt exist in pvp period . Warlock should be balanced around affli / destuction .

Demo shouldnt exist in pvp period . Warlock should be balanced around affli / destuction .

That's a rather sweeping statement. Care to back it up with some discussion on the matter or are your reasons "I don't like it so it should not be viable".
I believe the blood fear nerf/revamp was expected and well deserved as it was pretty stupid and demo is pretty much going to be better in 5.2 due to the Sacrificial Pact buff(in a arena perspective) and other buffs as the fel armor change.
16/01/2013 19:20Posted by Skyburn

That's a rather sweeping statement. Care to back it up with some discussion on the matter or are your reasons "I don't like it so it should not be viable".

^_^ That's my reason, in fact.

I've always considered Demonology a cruel joke and nothing will change my mind, since I hate the idea. No ammount of cool changes will alter the principle of having a pet doing 30% of your job and the Demon form. If I wanted to shapeshift I'd be a druid. If I wanted to have a pet I'd play a .. warlock.. But nowadays I sacrifice it!
Sure, losing the current bloodfear will be a heavy nerf to Warlocks.
Especially with the nerf to our silence, those pesky pillar humping wretches will be near impossible to get rid off. "Please stand still in sight for a while, I need to cast my fear"

On the other hand, Kil'jaedens cunning is getting buffed. No longer having the self inflicted slow.
Burning rush is getting buffed. Making others unable to slow you below 100% speed, and when you are not slowed you'll move at an extra 50% movement speed. (the life cost is beyond retarded, but let's ignore that detail for now)

This effectively means you can run at improved speed for 2 seconds while casting fear.
Aside from this benefit, you can make use again of the sleep spell that demonology has.

All in all I believe the biggest buff will be the nerf to other classes, and our greatest nerf will be the retarded amount of improvements made to the rogues.
18/01/2013 04:33Posted by Solanum
On the other hand, Kil'jaedens cunning is getting buffed. No longer having the self inflicted slow.

That's incorrect.

The 15% slow is still there the only change is the removal of the On Use cooldown. Here is the new version.

You can cast and channel while moving, but each cast reduces your movement speed by 15% for 6 sec, stacking up to 2 times.
That's incorrect.

The 15% slow is still there the only change is the removal of the On Use cooldown. Here is the new version.

You can cast and channel while moving, but each cast reduces your movement speed by 15% for 6 sec, stacking up to 2 times.

Even so, the burning rush talent would prevent the snare from happening, so it sounds to be quite the combo. I love my demonologist, and this news makes me look forward to playing around with new talents come 5.2. But have you actually been testing on PTR?

We've had quite the number of survivability buffs, Fel armour, glyphs, Blood fear will be fantastic against a rogue who is attempting to sneak up on you. This is because it works in stuns, brilliant!

I am just hoping the changes to CC for all classes will show in the new season, I'm happy to see it all being brought down a notch. I actually cannot stress how much I can't wait for 5.2.
blood fear was dumb and OP, instant cc is skill removed, we have had to hard cast fear scince vanilla
the idea of the new 1 isn't so grate and I would of liked a passive faster cast time over the new 1 as its not very reliable talent, still old bf made arena stupid, anybody using trinket off cyclone or poly was just instant CCed, this was why bf needed to go, normal fear is powerful but needs to by well planted and CAN be stopped, blood fear just removed the skill of fake casting and takes away the skill cap of the class,

That's incorrect.The 15% slow is still there the only change is the removal of the On Use cooldown. Here is the new version.You can cast and channel while moving, but each cast reduces your movement speed by 15% for 6 sec, stacking up to 2 times.Even so, the burning rush talent would prevent the snare from happening, so it sounds to be quite the combo. I love my demonologist, and this news makes me look forward to playing around with new talents come 5.2. But have you actually been testing on PTR?We've had quite the number of survivability buffs, Fel armour, glyphs, Blood fear will be fantastic against a rogue who is attempting to sneak up on you. This is because it works in stuns, brilliant!I am just hoping the changes to CC for all classes will show in the new season, I'm happy to see it all being brought down a notch. I actually cannot stress how much I can't wait for 5.2.

burning rush looks MORE pvp viable with the buff so we cant go below 100% movment but I still think unbound will is going to be the main pvp talent, 2 trinkets means more up time meaning more offence and action to not be trained, blood far might use its charge on wrong targets (like another warlocks pet) and not go off on the guy u need to get rid off

Lets be honest shall we ? Its not like I dont like Demo . I like my warlock no matter spec . Its just how the game is .
Warriors cant pvp in fury/Prot(arena wise)
Spriest cant pvp in Holy
Paladins cant pvp in Prot
and goes on . I think we all would like to have all of our 3 specs vaible in arena and in pvp but thats never going to happend . And because of that I dont like to see Demo being our main pvp spec and affli/destro only for pve . Thats why I said demo shouldnt be a pvp spec.
Blizzard have ruined Warlock's active defenses on a regular basis since Vanilla WoW.

After a full expansion of misery for any Warlock PvPing outside a tight, highly tuned group (i.e. being defended by teammates) they notice Warlocks have disappeared from the game, and start the cycle again. BF was necessary. Without it, anyone playing solo Warlock is going to be a gank magnet (yet again).

Luckily I just came back to WoW, and hadn't started PvP. Now I know not to start at all during MoP.
Blizzard have ruined Warlock's active defenses on a regular basis since Vanilla WoW.

After a full expansion of misery for any Warlock PvPing outside a tight, highly tuned group (i.e. being defended by teammates) they see some negative effects (players stop using their 'locks) and start the cycle again by providing effective peels for a little while . BF was necessary. Without something to provide a few seconds in which to act, anyone playing solo Warlock is going to be a gank magnet (yet again).

Luckily I just came back to WoW, and hadn't started PvP. Now I know not to start at all during MoP.
don't worry.

you might lose blood fear but you will get compensated by also losing the second teleport while in demonic form.

good times for warlocks ahead!!
don't worry.

you might lose blood fear but you will get compensated by also losing the second teleport while in demonic form.

good times for warlocks ahead!!

Don't worry, we/ they all get green flames - that is everything that matters, right?

-PvEherologic'
3 spec of warlock will go back being a joke once blood fear is gone, we hardly have any chance to cast or cc as it is, now they taking out blood fear and do nothing to compensate, don't know how BLZ expect us to play