Can't start a new guild because of guild levels

General
So me and my mates have since long wanted to start a pvp guild but we can't because of all the perks a lvl 25 guild have and we don't want to lose them for months while leveling very slowly our own guild.

The leveling system have destroyed our dream. There is no way we can make a guild now, the only way is if we buy a lvl 25 one but then we won't choose our own name and it won't truly be "ours".
Guild levels pretty fast now with just a few members levelling and questing, then the higher the level the more perks are offered the more people will join and grows exponentially.
08/01/2013 22:46Posted by Sephie
Guild levels pretty fast now with just a few members levelling and questing, then the higher the level the more perks are offered the more people will join and grows exponentially.
yea but its quite hard to get just a few members, because there are enough lvl 25 guilds offering all the perks and inv anyone
cant start a guild, or might find it a bit hard? if you cant be bothered to put in some effort then maybe running a guild with your friends just isnt for you.

08/01/2013 22:44Posted by Taurentoony
The leveling system have destroyed our dream
well if your going at it with that attitude...

There is no way we can make a guild now
others do it all the time, why cant you again?

There is no way we can make a guild now, the only way is if we buy a lvl 25 one but then we won't choose our own name and it won't truly be "ours".
Well, that is the second option, but do you and your friends not think you might enjoy the challengs? and as Sephie says leveling a guild is easier nowadays.
I would pretty much echo what Sephie said. The changes that came with MoP greatly improved the small friendly guilds' chances of growing within a reasonable time frame to be the kind of guild that you and your friends actually want, rather than one that you feel you have to be in simply for perks. All it takes is a bit of effort and to be prepared to lose your guild perks for a short amount of time. It WILL happen - our guild consists of myself, my other half and a couple of friends - together we levelled in in less than 2 months with a bit of hard work.

To be honest, I would say that the new guild system has actually made your dream a reality and not destroyed it at all.
Why does a pvp guild needs perks?
08/01/2013 23:08Posted by Hèjira
Why does a pvp guild needs perks?

This is the mindset people should have when deciding whether they want to join a guild.

But in reality the OP is right, people are such idiots these days they'll only join guilds that have a !@#$tonne of perks

Why? I have no idea.
As I said, idiots.
Some perks are just too strong, like honor gain, rep gain and profession skillup especially this one. i basically just needed 9 trys to lvl up 1 point with a yellow recipe on my alt without the perk and im 100% sure that with the perk it would be heaps faster, since i just leveled enchanting on my main and a yellow things was almost a guaranteed point like it used to be orange
08/01/2013 23:11Posted by Verlierer
Some perks are just too strong, like honor gain, rep gain and profession skillup especially this one. i basically just needed 9 trys to lvl up 1 point with a yellow recipe on my alt without the perk and im 100% sure that with the perk it would be heaps faster, since i just leveled enchanting on my main and a yellow things was almost a guaranteed point like it used to be orange

I can see you are joking although you are trying hard not to. Germans are bad tho, they invented the Hosen :-)
You can negotiate about rep and honor I guess, but the profession skillup perk is absolutely overpowered.

Germans don't do jokes, we only do stuff that's not fun.
The effort and will is there but getting people to join a lvl 1 guild without perks is near impossible!
People have gotten used to being in a lvl 25 guild with access to all the perks. Hell does anyone even use their class res anymore? All i see is people using the lvl 25 perk to res.
You can either see it as an insurmountable obstacle or you can actually go to work and you'll see that it's not as hard as you think.

It probably does not take more than 1 character doing every DMF daily for the duration of the DMF to level the guild from say level 5 to 6. I know I'm doing it, I'm solo leveling my guild about one level each month using the DMF. (Other dailies also help).

If you yourself are so spoiled that you can't live without these 'western lifestyle' perks then it's really not those "other players" who are in your way, it is you yourself. You attract the people that you resemble. Get over it yourself first, and you'll notice that prospects aren't that bad after all. But if you're gonna be "I'm so spoiled I can't live without my chocolate chip cookies" then I will bet you a thousand gold that the people you befriend will not want to go without it either. ;-)

Do you want to do this or not?
I can live without the perks just fine, i was without them for years i think i'd manage without them again.

But as others have set the mindset of people when they see a low level guild is just pure negativity
And you're saying your faith in your own ability to overcome this challenge in the face of less than ideal circumstances is... very positive?

Less than ideal circumstances could be a strong driver for you to try to be successful regardless, you know.

I know the people I befriend usually don't mind being in a lower level guild. Listen! What is your guild's membership worth if all they care about is perks? If you have a level 25 guild, how will you ever know whether the people are there for the community and the experiences and the opportunities, or for the perks? But ah... if you have a level 10 guild... you will be dead certain that the people that join and stay do so because your guild is quality, and your focus as you build your guild will be on precisely that aspect. The only aspect that can really make a guild great. (The perks don't do that).
You are right but the trick is getting people interested enough to actually leave their luxury life with perks and whatnot for a new guild in town.
It's not convenient and people despise it out of shear laziness of losing the perks which makes their life easier (even by a margin)

I am certain that once i actually get people into the guild i will have no trouble keeping them in the guild.
But for many people actually typing that /gquit and actually joining a new lvl 1 guild is to much hazzle!
You don't need to attract them while it's level 1.

You can level the guild to level 10 easily if you have a small but persistent group of friends. There's actually quite a lot (I think) of players who would like to be part of 'building' a guild.

I for one... I have one char in a level 25 guild. So there's no need to level it anymore. The guild is there. I'm not part of a small group with a common goal. The task of leveling the guild itself is a thing that people can share around.

I saw some ppl enact a level 1 guild and the people that joined were people that were fed up with being in a big 25 guild.
Leveled my altguild to 16 by myself within a few months, fairly sure you can get it to 25 in way less time if you are a few people going in for it.
The guild I'm currently in was started in late cata by some friends. In the end it took me and 4 other dedicated people to get it from lvl 1 to 25 through levling alts and questing. Do dailies everyday and all of you get an alt! Should be more fun if you play together :)

That dream is not destroyed, every day you sit around and tell your friend that you wish you had your own guild is a day of missed out guild experience you could've earned for your very own guild.

I undoubtably believe you can do it :)
So what would be the fastest way to level a guild then?

I heard something about arena being good?

I heard something about arena being good?

Only if you win. Losing doesn't give you anything.