So Horde are Cowards

General
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
23/01/2013 08:22Posted by Coriandra
And I would very much imagine if you were playing on the Horde you would find the same behaviour from the Alliance. PEOPLE are cowards, not a particular faction.

This! Very much this! :-)

Also, world PvP has never been fair. World PvP can be the most amazing experience, but often it is is a dog eat dog eat situation where people will do anything for a kill... sportsmanship be damned.
24/01/2013 10:31Posted by Vaneras
And I would very much imagine if you were playing on the Horde you would find the same behaviour from the Alliance. PEOPLE are cowards, not a particular faction.

Also, world PvP has never been fair. World PvP can be the most amazing experience, but often it is is a dog eat dog eat situation where people will do anything for a kill... sportsmanship be damned.

I never see world PvP any more... Have always been on a PvE server but it was the only sort of PvP I ever liked doing (That and the games of AV that lasted hours) but nobody does the "ALL GATHER AT XROADS!" thing any more (even on a PvE server it used to occur loads)

I prefer _meaningfull_ World PvP every time over the anonymous Battleground skirmishes. But sadly, World PvP is not meaningfull and never will be in WoW (because casuals would complain about a guild holding an area and gaining a big bonus while they never get the chance)
thanks for the morning lols
Hmm when I play on my ally warrior its always the horde that ganks/camps me. When I play on my dk its always the allys doing the same. I think its just kids that have too much free time that troll people everywhere. Anyway the simple solution is to have full malevolent incl. weapon and destroy them even in 1vs2 like a baws which is what I do when I get pissed :)
I kill the players in red - no matter if they have 2 Mobs or are at full health or in a group auf 2+ - if i die i die in a glorious blaze of glory and it was worth it.

At the end of the day the people who kill you while on a raremob or whatever will die in a 1on1 when you have the patience to wait for them/hunt them down.

And yes, sometimes I o stuff like that. What i don't do is camping lvl 40s in some lowlevel zone.

edit: damn you, german! /typo
Yep. Red=Dead.

If someone can potshot you while you're busy with something else they'll most likely do it. I think most people who seek world PVP would admit to doing the same, if the odds are in your favour then I don't know many people who would wait until you had finished what you were doing to make it fair.

If you found yourself being ganked there's plenty you could have done, from calling in a couple guildies to waiting to unflag, or even being lucky enough to get a mount up, fly off and then bring the fight back once you've buffed up etc. Some of the best world PVP I've done has been from ganking a 90 only for him to call in his mates, I call in mine and a nice brawl opens up.

If you flag yourself, expect someone to take a pop.
Pvpers are cowards, Not ONCE when I've been attacked has it been from a fair standpoint. They wait until I'm fighting mobs, AFK (in the air even), attack my low level alts over and over or come in groups of 2-5 and then relish in their own amazing skill when they're able to take down a pve-geared player.

I doubt there are that many skilled pvpers our there really that are confident in their own ability, MOST of them just wanna win and can't do so without an unfair advantage...or a difference of 10+ levels.

The feeling when I manage to win against the attacker feels pretty hollow at that, since that means they either lacked gear or skill or both.
23/01/2013 08:14Posted by Hakuteiken
I fail to understand why it's necessary to attack someone who is busy with mobs, and in 2v1 no less. World PvP being what it is mind you I do understand that no amount of nagging or complaining is going to solve anything. To me it just seems that Horde are full of cowards, but then so is Alliance really because I've seen a full raid group of level 90s descend on an unsuspecting level 50-something. Why all the cowards out there?

So having fun now = being a coward

You people today make absolutely no sense no matter what the topic is!
24/01/2013 11:19Posted by Matarack
So having fun now = being a coward

I never have and never will consider it "fun" to team up and gank people in unfair battles and then marvel at my own l337 skeelz. I wouldn't wanna hang around people with that sort of attitude either. Because yes, it's being a coward. As I said, many pvpers would like to think themselves to be epically skilled when they obviously can't handle fights on equal terms.

I remember 2 epic world pvp battles, one in old Hillsbrad which was rallied together by lowbies in Ironforge telling about gankers, and one at the Crossroads. THAT was fun. More and more people turning up, tables turning and no zerging by outnumbering.
There hasn't really been world pvp since vanilla. It's just been ganking since then.

The new ganking items available make it even easier. Dismount them with Hardened Shell, pop SI:7 Operatives manual +5k resilience, blow cooldowns and nothing really survives.
Is not this the world PvP you all have been crying for?
This is exactly why I play on other than pvp servers.
This doesn't make any sense.

If you flag for PvP - Deal with people attacking you.
lol i have the same. when i do some quests and i wanne cap this tower i alweys get ganked not by 2 hordes but by 4! lol so i stopped taking any towers or graves so i just do the qeusts now without pvp on
but meh i could have expected this from my crappy pve scrub infested realm :S
Horde are cowards. But who can blame them when I am alliance? As soon as I log on ogrimmar earthquake from all hordies shivering in fear. When my head hits the pillow and I dream of retaking gnomeregan they lie restless fearing "Will the pink horror cap 2v2 tomorrow?"
I was doing my dailies today and because I'm decent at PvP I decided to flag myself for PvP while doing them.
Previously I've only had a Warlock and Monk attack me while questing when PvP flagged and they died so quickly I barely noticed they were there, but today was different in only one aspect.
Every time I've ever been attacked while questing it's been while I've been fighting 2 or more mobs and today was no exception, except that rather than one Horde player attacking me I found myself ganked by 2v1 for almost 3 hours while I was trying to quest. Eventually I got the better of them but at this point I was so frustrated I unflagged myself which made my victory over them rather hollow.

I fail to understand why it's necessary to attack someone who is busy with mobs, and in 2v1 no less. World PvP being what it is mind you I do understand that no amount of nagging or complaining is going to solve anything. To me it just seems that Horde are full of cowards, but then so is Alliance really because I've seen a full raid group of level 90s descend on an unsuspecting level 50-something. Why all the cowards out there?

I fail to understand why you feel it necessary to whine about an aspect of the game that has likely existed since PvP was first rolled out in the game. Get over it.
The situation that usually makes me sigh is a pvp flagged player on a quest giver. I accidentally right-clicked on an ally like this the other day, doh! - don't think it was his intention but anyway. Not sure if he even hit me, seems I got jumped by NPC's (was at half-hill market, maybe he just 1 shotted me, idk).

Anyway I just stood there and got pwn'd. The ally pvp're said something in /say and I was really bummed that I didn't even know what it was thanks to the ban on communication between factions. Have to assume it was 'lol' XD. Wish I knew. This is something I find very frustrating and wish would be changed but I guess there are downsides beyond verbal abuse?

But, no point getting stressed, just ran back, rez'ed, legged it like the cowardly PVE'er that I am and parked the toon in a sanctuary until the flag cleared. No point whinging about it.
I think you can either view it as cowardice (if you're the victim) or a brilliant strategic move (if you're the assailant).
In case you didn't know The Alliance and the Horde aren't friends.
In the real world you would (and should) do anything you can to attain an advantage over your opponent, short of taking performance enhancing drugs or anything.
If you can distract him, do it. I mean, why not?

And get used to this folks, life ain't fair. Military Generals have, since the dawn of time, struggled (often in vain) to make the tide of battle tilt in their favour.

If you were Rome and I was Hannibal you'd probably be complaining that I'd hidden a lot of my forces and suddenly attacked you from the rear.

So of COURSE I am going to wait for you to engage other mobs and become distracted. Because that's how you win. You're a Horde (Or Alliance if I'm on Horde) so I'm going to kill you (I only take this seriously when RP'ing to be honest).

So here's the deal. If you're flagged for PVP you have nothing to complain about. You've chosen to make yourself attack-able.
If you're on a PVP server you've also made that choice.
The simple matter is that's what these features are for. Deal with them.
I don't gank. If I kill you once as far as I'm concerned you're dead and there's nothing for me to gain by sitting on your corpse - I won't even do it to you if you've done it to me.
Ganking is bad.

But, as you can tell, I am very very unsympathetic to those who complain when and where I can chose to attack you. I am the one watching you and preparing my attack so I am the once who gets to choose when and where to attack you.

The reason I chose to attack you whilst you're occupied is simple. I am truly rubbish at PvP and I need all the help that I can get, and although I may have the element of surprise the victory for me is by no means assured.

The whole point of attacking someone is to get the element of surprise. That's why rogues are good for pvp, because they have stealth, you surprise people and gain an advantage and come in fists flying.

How and why is there any less honour in attempting to gain the element of surprise and a strategic advantage over your opponent? Attempting this is just common military sense.
23/01/2013 13:38Posted by Hakuteiken
The response here make me sick. I regret posting this. I feel like I need some plastic wrap on my @ss with you lot.

Your original post asks us to assume that you've never attacked any one who wasn't pvp flagged and engaged already and that you have waited till they are finished fighting fully healed and maybe give them time to switch into pvp gear.

What I think is that as you said that you are fairly good at PvP and you've got a little butt hurt by players giving you what you wanted a right good ganking. But becuase you didn't win the fight (good a pvp I believe you said) your now in the forums blaming everyone but yourself!
24/01/2013 10:31Posted by Vaneras

WotLK,doing Pilgrim's Peril achievment at Ogrimmar...Hordies are farming the silly alliance that decide to visit enemy capital with pvp on...I sit and watch...When most alliance are gone (died) 4 hordies start dueling each other...I wait their HP to go down...pop wings...you can imagine the rest :D

i know awfully unsporty of me but,i admit it i enjoyed it!!! (/shy) :D