Post if you want to try and make some in-game friends

General
1 2 3 25 Next
IMPORTANT:

@ all

Please, when posting your info, press the "REQUEST STICKY" button towards the top right side of the page. If it gets enough hits, it will then be considered by the moderators to be pinned to the front page.
Generally when a thread moves off the 1st page, it is harder for people to notice it. So by pressing that button you are being courteous to others who may wish to use this thread to find in-game friends themselves.

Thank-you.

Following on from my other topic, and seeing the number of people in the game who hardly interact with anyone else, but wish to, I've decided to make this thread specifically for people to post in who wish to try and make friends with other like minded people to make this MMO seem that little bit less lonely.

This will be especially useful for all those on low pop realms, and even those on the higher ones who can't seem to find the right people to play with in a relaxed atmosphere.

Ideally, you should state which side you prefer (Horde or Alliance) and whether you would like to have in game friends simply for chatting, or for content too such as HC's, older raids, bg's, achievements etc or simply having a laugh.

Simply include your battletag in the post (until you have as many friends as suits you, then edit your post to remove your battletag).

Starting off

Battletag: LadySylvanas#2676

Side: Horde only atm

Laid back and mature

Friends for: Occasional chatting (not interested in tv soaps or reality stuff though), HC's, achievements, older raids plus having a laugh from time to time.

Usually online most days from 12.30 pm server till around 10 pm server.
Ludion#2108

Everything, got a 87 horde and 2 90s on ally side
Removed.
Well it's a start, hope to see more battletags today.
Arangaar#2249 Horde only. Interested in Running HCs, levelling, raids, anything really. Just looking for some more nice people to enjoy the game with :)
30/01/2013 04:49Posted by Gruzzak
Arangaar#2249 Horde only. Interested in Running HCs, levelling, raids, anything really. Just looking for some more nice people to enjoy the game with :)

Will add you as soon as I get online today.
Blizzkon#2576 playing alliance at the moment, I so ever have horde characters but dont play so very often on them because i dont know so many playing horde anymore.
I like to chat, help if i got time, mostly i do battlegrounds, arena and other things that come by :)

i sometimes play on my level 60 twinkie for fun
NeedMoreRage#2145
I am often leveling new alts, mostly on Horde side. I am one of those Owl guys, who are mostly online between 8pm to 11am, but it variates, since my sleeping pattern often gets messed up.
I'll help with questions if I can, run dungeons, or just annoy you with my updates.
Also, this game is ment for good time and laugh, and I stick to it.
Alliance and Horde (Alliance mostly)
Almost like Endoh - chatty person and achievements, older raids, heroics.
I'm not here looking for friends at the moment but I will probably pop back later to add my battletag. Just wanted to say that what you're doing is great, even though I'm not a big fan of your threads. I think the forums are a great way to get people socially interacting, and I've found loads of friends thanks to the forums! Voted up!

I'd also like to recommend people check out this thread if they want to join a social RP project that's going on! I've made loads of new friends, some of which are regular posters on the forums, and we're a nice little community, check it out:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6297651023
Battletag: CharlotteHelmersen@hotmail.com

Side: Horde only ALWAYS

I can be everything, depending how i feel :D

Friends for: Twink PvPing - lvl 70 and 19.

Realm: Twilights Hammer

Online everyday, im online if there is some fun to do.
Don't forget to send friend requests to each other, don't just sit back and wait for the requests to come to you.

Nice to see such a good response so early in the day, keep those tags coming.

Irrespective of realm, as long as a person is in your real id list you can group up almost anywhere together.
30/01/2013 06:16Posted by Làdysylvanas
Don't forget to send friend requests to each other, don't just sit back and wait for the requests to come to you.

What if you're afraid people only accepts to be kind?
I'm not sure if openly posting battletags on the WoW forums is such a brilliant idea, regardless it's a nice initiative.
At the risk of sounding like a complete noob, what's the difference between a Battletag and Real ID?
30/01/2013 11:07Posted by Twijfelkont
At the risk of sounding like a complete noob, what's the difference between a Battletag and Real ID?

Real ID, people can see your real name, and will need your e-mail adress in order to add you.

Battle Tag, they'll add your nickname, and will only see your battletag nickname
Thank you Kaith :) So it works the same way as Real ID, but without the sensitive personal information?

Does that mean it also works like a normal in-game friend add? For example, if I add someone's char name on my realm friend list, they don't have to accept mine to be showing on my list, whereas with Real ID I have to accept them to be on my list and see them, and for them to see me (if that makes sense?)
I'm not sure I understood you correct, but I'll try anyway.

It works almost like Real ID - You sent a request to a friend, and he have to accept that request, otherwise you can't add him.

So in short:
Real ID - Is for people you know in real life, friends / Family etc
Battletag - For people you've met online, and would like to chat with, without having to play on same realm / faction, or same game (As long as it's a Blizzard online game)
You understood my somewhat garbled post perfectly! I was mainly concerned with whether or not you had to accept being on each others lists, like Real ID - thank you for taking the time to answer :)
No problems ^^